Among the Sleep Review - Baby Steps

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Among the Sleep Review - Baby Steps

A charming and atmospheric little horror game, albeit one lacking in much meat.

Read Full Article

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Aww, that's kind of disappointing. I remember Jim showing bits from it awhile back, he seemed pretty excited at the time...though that was on the assumption that the game would get the meat it apparently didn't, as I recall.

Nachtmahr

Feb 17, 2011
"I stake my foreskin on this game's success." - Jim Sterling, from Among the Sleep Kickstarter page.

Does this review mean there's going to be staking then? Because if yes, you better film it.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
That's really a shame. I played the alpha at least 3 times, a couple for myself and another for an audience that enjoys watching horror gaming in person. I, probably much like Jim, couldn't wait to see what kind of meat could be put on the bones to see the concept expand and meet its full potential. It could've been so much more, and the concept deserves more exploration than "Machine for Pigs or new Slender from the height and POV of a 2 year old".

A while ago I would have picked it up in support of indie gaming and the horror genre, but we're about to be drowning in "Youtube reaction indie horror" and I still need to finish Outlast. I hope they do sell enough to move forward with this concept, because there's a tremendous potential to really explore horror from the innocent and magical worldview of a 2 year old.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I backed it at your command (I kid, but you did introduce it to me), and I tend to agree with you. It's a shame really, but I still think it was enjoyable enough to be worth it. It was the first of these types of horror games I've actually managed to finish, so I guess that says something for it.

I'd really give it many pluses for its environmental/object design. When you drop an object, it really feels heavy. When a plate drops, it can shatter (at least some of them can). Oh well, I didn't really expect perfection from an indie studio.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Nachtmahr said:
"I stake my foreskin on this game's success." - Jim Sterling, from Among the Sleep Kickstarter page.

Does this review mean there's going to be staking then? Because if yes, you better film it.
Still no film. I'm guessing he has only showed it to the developers. Hopefully they release it sometime! :D