An American Intervention

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A lot of America needs to hear this. If you don’t want to watch the video, here’s a link to a truncated article version that hits the same, general highlights, but I highly recommend watching the video. It’s easy to read the words and infer tone, and in that context it might read like a bunch of jabs at America, but it truly is more of an intervention: “America, you’re killing yourself.”

I can admit, I was one of the Americans who needed to hear this. Most of it was of little surprise to me ultimately, but such is what we learn in an intervention, i.e.: an addict chasing a high is often under the delusion they’re doing “little wrongs, MAYBE,” but when it’s put plainly in their face and the delusion is laid bare? The events of January 6th absolutely blew my mind. I watched my television in horror; that an American leader who (presumptively) epitomized American success could rally American people to raze the American Capitol was beyond the pale, a perverse… exception.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Patriotism is weaponised pride, a weakness to be manipulated. The weakness is made weaker by the unwillingness to ever accept it could be a weakness, similar to those manipulated by religion. It will kill us all if unchallenged. Being raised around concentrated patriotism, it's not too different to America, though America is like a drunk overcompensating version of what goes on here. No less dangerous of course.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Patriotism is weaponised pride, a weakness to be manipulated. The weakness is made weaker by the unwillingness to ever accept it could be a weakness, similar to those manipulated by religion. It will kill us all if unchallenged. Being raised around concentrated patriotism, it's not too different to America, though America is like a drunk overcompensating version of what goes on here. No less dangerous of course.
Between recent racial tensions, Trump and his cronies exposing just how easily divided we are (or more accurately how divided we've always been) and COVID bringing our country to it's knees, it was stunning to see just how little it took to show us how exactly like "the other and less fortunate" we actually are. He uses the analogy of a car in a breadline, but the analogy might as well have been an objective statement; have you seen the footage of cars waiting in lines for hours at food banks? How majority of Americans are one financial crisis away from bankruptcy? Yet all of our lives we've been fed this line of being a "World Power" and instilled with this naturalized pride that it's our place to set the example of perseverance to the rest of the world, are you fucking kidding me?

Yes, rest of the world; look at us. Let us be the example of how foolish hubris can make you look when shit gets real. We should rip the eagle from its perch and replace it with a shivering chihuahua sitting atop a pile of nuclear missiles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
American exceptionalism has gone from "America is great" to "I am great because I am an American".
That attitude has always been there. The phrase, America is great is equal to I am great because I'm American to a good number of people. All of them ain't white either, but a great amount of them are or identify as "white".

Reactions: Xprimentyl
Nov 9, 2015
The average Trump supporter believes the US is a banana republic, and the average liberal thinks the US is a racist/fascist police state. How do we get to the conclusion the Capitol riot happened because of American Exceptionalism?

First off, this is a ripoff of that clip from the Newsroom on Youtube. It's just mocking the dumb brainwashed masses, you know the usual liberal wankery. The people who voted Trump and those that attacked the Capitol did so because they know the game is rigged. Americans are at least semi-conscious of this, and that's why they don't vote.

We all live in a false sense of security, but this guy is so smug he actually thinks half of Americans are the R-word. People's heads do not melt when you challenge American Exceptionalism. It is nothing new, you only have to look as far as Star Wars to see it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Sure.

Now try saying any other country with nationalized healthcare might be on to something and watch both parties strive to convince you that privatized healthcare is actually better. Granted, only one party will call you a communist...

America would be the greatest if it wasn't for those damn *others*. You know the ones I mean