Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Jaga Jazzist said:
Ridergurl10 said:
As great as it would be to end racism and discrimination, it will never be possible! A lot of discrimination comes from things that will exsist regardless national borders or lack thereof. As much as it sucks there will always be racist people, just try really hard not to be one . . . thats the best answer.
And furthermore, I'd say that we're not racist because of borders, but we have borders because we're racist. We just don't like different things or people so we separate ourselves out.

Plus this reminds me of that episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy decides that everyone should be the same, so everyone gets transformed into androgynous grey blobs. But there were people that said 'Ah yes, but we're greyer and blobbier than you, so that means we're better than you.' People will always find ways of showing that they're better than others, since we're pack animals and inherently trying to be the Top Dog.

Being a white guy living in India I get stared at a lot when I go to poorer areas that aren't visited by tourists very much. I think it's really creepy and also very rude but it's not considered rude in their culture. However if we were to just change their culture so that it matches ours then we'd be destroying their fantastic religious ceremonies, their art and pretty much everything else about them.
And that's the thing. If we were all some homogenous group of people, then we'd all have the same culture and traditions and whatnot, bad and good. This means we wouldn't be able to enjoy learning about other people. It would take all the fun out of meeting new people, finding out their interests, likes and dislikes.

So yeah, I like it when there are different people. Makes life interesting.
But if my ideas had happened since the beginning of mankind, then you would not have to learn about other cultures, instead you would learn of the mistakes from the previous generation and work to prevent them from occuring again.
but your ideas didn't and hence we are in this situation.
Big word here, "IF"
If is always a possibility
How would your plan work if there became a group of people who chose to believe something different? A group of people who found something that made them different and they showed it? What if these people declared independence from your world nation?
whatever happens will happen
there would probably be war if some sort of violence erupted
and that is why humanity will never live in peace. Free will coupled with people always wanting to be better then everyone else means peace is impossible. It only gets worse when you factor in attitudes. Some people are jerks and will bully others. That leads to conflict. Also for everyone to be truly equal everyone would have the same wages at work. It's communism to the extreme.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Jaga Jazzist said:
Ridergurl10 said:
As great as it would be to end racism and discrimination, it will never be possible! A lot of discrimination comes from things that will exsist regardless national borders or lack thereof. As much as it sucks there will always be racist people, just try really hard not to be one . . . thats the best answer.
And furthermore, I'd say that we're not racist because of borders, but we have borders because we're racist. We just don't like different things or people so we separate ourselves out.

Plus this reminds me of that episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy decides that everyone should be the same, so everyone gets transformed into androgynous grey blobs. But there were people that said 'Ah yes, but we're greyer and blobbier than you, so that means we're better than you.' People will always find ways of showing that they're better than others, since we're pack animals and inherently trying to be the Top Dog.

Being a white guy living in India I get stared at a lot when I go to poorer areas that aren't visited by tourists very much. I think it's really creepy and also very rude but it's not considered rude in their culture. However if we were to just change their culture so that it matches ours then we'd be destroying their fantastic religious ceremonies, their art and pretty much everything else about them.
And that's the thing. If we were all some homogenous group of people, then we'd all have the same culture and traditions and whatnot, bad and good. This means we wouldn't be able to enjoy learning about other people. It would take all the fun out of meeting new people, finding out their interests, likes and dislikes.

But if my ideas had happened since the beginning of mankind, then you would not have to learn about other cultures, instead you would learn of the mistakes from the previous generation and work to prevent them from occuring again.
Big word here, "IF"
How would your plan work if there became a group of people who chose to believe something different? A group of people who found something that made them different and they showed it? What if these people declared independence from your world nation?
and that is why humanity will never live in peace. Free will coupled with people always wanting to be better then everyone else means peace is impossible. It only gets worse when you factor in attitudes. Some people are jerks and will bully others. That leads to conflict. Also for everyone to be truly equal everyone would have the same wages at work. It's communism to the extreme.
If people have the same, then there is no need for conflict.
Maybe in a perfect world, nobody would really have jobs which have wages, instead it would kind of be like a farming community

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
leontyrone said:
First of all, I hate having to click on "quote" twice to make it work.
Though I believe that free will is a good thing to have, I also believe that it is not always right. Someone has the right to think in any way they want but they do not always have to act with it, as do many people around the world, particularly all these terrorists around the world
But you said that you specifically want the thoughts of infants sculpted to match your vision. That sounds a lot like thought control. Granted, everyone is influenced from birth, but it doesn't seem like free thought would fit into this plan.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
i don't believe this would work because of one simple fact: people are stupid. No one can disprove that statement because it is fact(this is not a challenge for someone to try, seriously don't). People will believe what they want to believe no matter what anyone else says. If they think it true then to them it is truth, not to sound cynical but people will always find a reason to hate. People don't want THE truth, the actual truth, they want the truth that fits what they initially believe and if necessary they will invent that truth in their own mind.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Knonsense said:
leontyrone said:
First of all, I hate having to click on "quote" twice to make it work.
Though I believe that free will is a good thing to have, I also believe that it is not always right. Someone has the right to think in any way they want but they do not always have to act with it, as do many people around the world, particularly all these terrorists around the world
But you said that you specifically want the thoughts of infants sculpted to match your vision. That sounds a lot like thought control. Granted, everyone is influenced from birth, but it doesn't seem like free thought would fit into this plan.
I never said I wanted their thoughts to be put this way but to have them work around a set base of morals. If people lived their lives to a set of moral decency, then free thought is acceptable

AntiThom

Oct 26, 2008
A scheme like this would never work, human nature would overcome. Governmental enforcement is the only way this would go down, and on a worldwide scale all that promises is a death toll in the billions, making the whole thing kinda pointless.

And your utopian views remind me of the weak little Eloi in The Time Machine.

All in All, I think I'd rather be a human than some kind of husk bred do be a docile and peace-loving sheep.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Jaga Jazzist said:
Ridergurl10 said:

Big word here, "IF"
Maybe in a perfect world, nobody would really have jobs which have wages, instead it would kind of be like a farming community
So people would do work for no pay? Or are you suggesting we go back to the bartering system?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
traceur_ said:
i don't believe this would work because of one simple fact: people are stupid. No one can disprove that statement because it is fact(this is not a challenge for someone to try, seriously don't). People will believe what they want to believe no matter what anyone else says. If they think it true then to them it is truth, not to sound cynical but people will always find a reason to hate. People don't want THE truth, the actual truth, they want the truth that fits what they initially believe and if necessary they will invent that truth in their own mind.
But if they each initially believe in the same thing, then everyone will most likely share those beliefs

shannon.archer

Mar 10, 2009
Ridergurl10 said:
leontyrone said:
Ridergurl10 said:
You say it will never be possible because you will not work to help end it, that is why you believe the end result to be an impossibility.

I never said I wouldn't work to help end racism, I would love if it no longer exsisted, I just don't believe it is possible. There has been racism and discrimination since the beginning of time, and unfortunatly there always will be. People always have a desire to be better than someone else, thus the birth of discrimination. It sucks, and I wish it was changeable, I just don't see your idea working, sorry!
it is indeed a impossibility as the instinct of survival will always better our morals.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
But, we aren't equals. That's not the way of the world. And frankly, I'd hate to live in a such a world. How utterly dull. I love that we're not equals now, because there are men and women out there who excel at things I'll never be capable of, or who push the boundaries of thought in new ways.

A world where the corner retard is on the same level as Einstein or Oppenheimer or Kaku? Where somehow I'm just as good as Tiger Woods or Michael Phelps? I'm insulted that you think such a world a good place to exist.

It is because of greats like Plato and Socrates, or Mozart and Beethoven who were anything but equals that our society has moved forward. And frankly, if that means that humanity must endure tyrants in moving forward to improve itself, well, better that than the boring monotony you propose. Even Hitler, Stalin and Mao could be said to have at the very least brought out some of the noblest ideals and efforts of their fellow humans in opposition.

You want nothing more than to merely hobble humanity in mediocrity. I fervently hope that your world dies in your wretched mind.
that world might be dull but it is possible, besides if you were brought up in it then it would be the norm for you
Oh, shit, you actually think that world is a good thing? You're not even idealistic, you're completely batshit insane. If that world was possible, we'd all be banging rocks together in our caves. If we survived at all. You actually want humanity to strive for the lowest common denominator.

And I'd like to think that despite the mindless oppression of stupidity and ignorance of your world, there would be something like Anthem. Someone born and raised in that world who sees it for the inane bullshit that it is. Your vision for humanity is walking extinction.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Jaga Jazzist said:
Ridergurl10 said:

Big word here, "IF"
So people would do work for no pay? Or are you suggesting we go back to the bartering system?
yeah something like that

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Jaga Jazzist said:
Ridergurl10 said:

Big word here, "IF"
yeah something like that
So then what service am I supposed to provide to Gamestop in exchange for xbox360 games? What do you give when you shop overseas?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
But, we aren't equals. That's not the way of the world. And frankly, I'd hate to live in a such a world. How utterly dull. I love that we're not equals now, because there are men and women out there who excel at things I'll never be capable of, or who push the boundaries of thought in new ways.

A world where the corner retard is on the same level as Einstein or Oppenheimer or Kaku? Where somehow I'm just as good as Tiger Woods or Michael Phelps? I'm insulted that you think such a world a good place to exist.

It is because of greats like Plato and Socrates, or Mozart and Beethoven who were anything but equals that our society has moved forward. And frankly, if that means that humanity must endure tyrants in moving forward to improve itself, well, better that than the boring monotony you propose. Even Hitler, Stalin and Mao could be said to have at the very least brought out some of the noblest ideals and efforts of their fellow humans in opposition.

You want nothing more than to merely hobble humanity in mediocrity. I fervently hope that your world dies in your wretched mind.
that world might be dull but it is possible, besides if you were brought up in it then it would be the norm for you
Oh, shit, you actually think that world is a good thing? You're not even idealistic, you're completely batshit insane. If that world was possible, we'd all be banging rocks together in our caves. If we survived at all. You actually want humanity to strive for the lowest common denominator.

And I'd like to think that despite the mindless oppression of stupidity and ignorance of your world, there would be something like Anthem. Someone born and raised in that world who sees it for the inane bullshit that it is. Your vision for humanity is walking extinction.

Then how would you view the perfect world, a world where there is no hate, no anger, no wars or stealing, no oppression, no need for greed, lust, envy, or pride?
Answer me this

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Then how would you view the perfect world, a world where there is no hate, no anger, no wars or stealing, no oppression, no need for greed, lust, envy, or pride?
Answer me this
Think of it like this, maybe humanity never left Eden

Spawn_Of_Kyuss

Mar 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Answer me this
This is exactly what the opposition to your idea seems to be. In short, there can be no perfect world.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Spawn_Of_Kyuss said:
leontyrone said:
Answer me this
This is exactly what the opposition to your idea seems to be. In short, there can be no perfect world.
Maybe there will never be a perfect world, but we can at least work towards it and make this world better

riplikash

Mar 11, 2009
Heh, I think that may be the most evil thing I have ever heard.

In exchange for getting rid of racism and death, we get rid of all joy and life.

Yes, back to Eden, a passionless innocence, unburdened by hardship, sadness or joy. Back to a poinless existence. Eschewing all accomplishment and advancement.

Assuming we could accomplish this, it is not a world anyone would actually want to live in.

But I think you new that. It is why you pick and choose what to answer, never really hitting on anything that brings down the scheme, just keeping the argument going.

We certainly can work to make the world better, but the proposed solution does not accomplish that.

A troll, as has been stated.

shannon.archer

Mar 10, 2009
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Capn God i bow down to you and your mind. You may not be the smartest but you have my respect.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
leontyrone said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Hitler sought to destroy those he thought inferior, what I seek is to make those that believe themselves to be inferior and those that believe that they are superior equals.
How far would you go to create the utopia that you seek?

Think if he conquered the world. After 10 generations of pounding originality and individuality into submission, you would have a whole planet akin to the Roman Empire. Revolts would still exist for a long time, but all such tiny flames of resistance would be extinguished eventually. And wouldn't then everyone still alive agree and be what they feel as perfect and superior? There wouldn't be racism and discrimination, because there'd be nothing besides the Nazis.

It's sad, really. If he wasn't such an intolerant fucktard and was hell-bent on genocide, Hitler could have really used his charisma to accomplish -good- things. Too bad he was a moron, and damn I'm happy I'm not speaking German.

Just makes me think that world domination for power is one thing, but dominating the world in the name of peace, well...it's certainly an ironic possibility.

Also, you neglected to mention the elimination of religion in your post, or the agreeing on one national religion, which would definitely be required.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
shannon.archer said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Capn God i bow down to you and your mind. You may not be the smartest but you have my respect.
riplikash said:
Heh, I think that may be the most evil thing I have ever heard.

In exchange for getting rid of racism and death, we get rid of all joy and life.

Yes, back to Eden, a passionless innocence, unburdened by hardship, sadness or joy. Back to a poinless existence. Eschewing all accomplishment and advancement.

Assuming we could accomplish this, it is not a world anyone would actually want to live in.

But I think you new that. It is why you pick and choose what to answer, never really hitting on anything that brings down the scheme, just keeping the argument going.

We certainly can work to make the world better, but the proposed solution does not accomplish that.

A troll, as has been stated.
Maybe my solution would not accomplish an end to racism, but think about this, my thoughts were through peaceful means, and all throughout history there have been people who would do the same thing by killing off people like you or me, Hitler for example