An end to racism and discrimination?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.
Like I care about respecting you.
My enemies show me what is right from wrong, therefore they deserve my graditude, without them, I would commit wrongs. I am your enemy and you are mine, you show me how wrong I could be if I started thinking like you, I show you how you could be if you would be a little more unselfish in life.
I do not hate, to hate is to believe that a person's existence should have never been. You hate me and you desire that I should die, who is truly a murderer here?
I want people to believe that they can change this world with time for the better, you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways. So go on, oppose that which does not exist nor will probably ever exist. I'd die for my family or live a life of slavery than to give up the lives of the people I cared about.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
Can we still at least have wars?
What would be the need?
Good question and I do believe I have a few answers for that.
1. Distract people from something like a failing economy
2. In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
3. it helps advance human technology.
In my vision of how the world could be, there would be no need of an economy nor a government, it is because of economies and governments that the world is in such bad shape.

2.In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
If all you can think of for the future of video games is war, then you aren't thinking hard enough, the video game universe is not limited to wars, there are plenty of other genres and subjects, and not all video game wars have to be based upon human history.

3.it helps advance human technology
Advances in technology are driven by necessity, not entirely by war. Show me one good, helpful invention that was the result of a war.
do you know anything about anything?

oh, and the telegraph was a result of the civil war, the front lines needed communication with the command post so David Morse invented the telegraph.
the telegraph was invented before the civil war in 1809

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Advances in technology are driven by necessity, not entirely by war. Show me one good, helpful invention that was the result of a war.
Radar
Anyway your entire argument is flawed by one thing,you will never,ever manage to get every human being to participate.
no need, this world is so set on the individual rather than the whole. This world isn't worth helping.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.
Thank you so very much for saying everything (or at least almost everything) that needed to be said. I am currently wondering why this topic has not been locked.

On topic it is human nature to advance and become more materialistic. Even during peace technology progresses and with that technology comes new forms of entertainment which bring more materialism. It is perfectly normal and is the way people have been working since the start of humanity.
lock the topic by all means, this thread just goes to prove how many selfish people live in this world

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
What would be the need?
2. In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
In my vision of how the world could be, there would be no need of an economy nor a government, it is because of economies and governments that the world is in such bad shape.

2.In a hundred years we'll have made so many video games about the wars of the past that it'll be impossible to come up with new ideas. There would even be games about the war of 1812 and WW1. Endless renditions of old wars. We'd need new ones for new video games to be based off.
If all you can think of for the future of video games is war, then you aren't thinking hard enough, the video game universe is not limited to wars, there are plenty of other genres and subjects, and not all video game wars have to be based upon human history.

http://compareindia.in.com/media/images/2007/oct/img_22731_microwave_toaster.jpg
Here is one. It's called a microwave
handofpwn said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
What would be the need?

The microwave. Chewing gum. Modern computers. Synthetic rubber. Shall I go on?
Check and mate, my friend.
Crap someone else beat me to it.
Video Games!
If it wasn't for guys screwing around with radars those would of never been invented
darthzew said:
You fail to take human idiocy into account.

You can't put perfection into anything imperfect. It's like trying to make clean dirt... in the end, dirt is dirty; you can't change that.
Nice line
elemenetal150 said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Agreed

Plus OP who is to say what culture would be the best to use.....certainly not the USA's culture
I vote China! Listening to thier goverment run media (that sensors everyone that says other wise) makes you think that they do a pretty good job with their culture.
In seriousness... yeah china sounds good, can't get out sourced,
leontyrone said:
elemenetal150 said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Agreed

Plus OP who is to say what culture would be the best to use.....certainly not the USA's culture
the USA does not have a single culture but is a mix of nearly all of them, so by saying the USA's culture is the wrong one is the same as saying every one of them is wrong
You can't have multiculture, as a culture is what defines a society and a society can only have one culture.
A nation's culture might be 1/3 Arabic 1/3 Chinease and 1/3 Indian but that still means that their is only one culture. As 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1
traceur_ said:
i don't believe this would work because of one simple fact: people are stupid. No one can disprove that statement because it is fact(this is not a challenge for someone to try, seriously don't). People will believe what they want to believe no matter what anyone else says. If they think it true then to them it is truth, not to sound cynical but people will always find a reason to hate. People don't want THE truth, the actual truth, they want the truth that fits what they initially believe and if necessary they will invent that truth in their own mind.
I approve of your statement
leontyrone said:
yeah something like that
Dang... You beat me to the reply
Valiance said:
leontyrone said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Hitler sought to destroy those he thought inferior, what I seek is to make those that believe themselves to be inferior and those that believe that they are superior equals.
How far would you go to create the utopia that you seek?

Think if he conquered the world. After 10 generations of pounding originality and individuality into submission, you would have a whole planet akin to the Roman Empire. Revolts would still exist for a long time, but all such tiny flames of resistance would be extinguished eventually. And wouldn't then everyone still alive agree and be what they feel as perfect and superior? There wouldn't be racism and discrimination, because there'd be nothing besides the Nazis.

It's sad, really. If he wasn't such an intolerant fucktard and was hell-bent on genocide, Hitler could have really used his charisma to accomplish -good- things. Too bad he was a moron, and damn I'm happy I'm not speaking German.

Just makes me think that world domination for power is one thing, but dominating the world in the name of peace, well...it's certainly an ironic possibility.

Also, you neglected to mention the elimination of religion in your post, or the agreeing on one national religion, which would definitely be required.
Nice post you got there, here is my only disagreement, You saying that brining a countrieses back up a bad thing? Or hating commies? Everyone hates commies.
Then again ignore my comment except when I complemented you

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Thank you so very much for saying everything (or at least almost everything) that needed to be said. I am currently wondering why this topic has not been locked.

On topic it is human nature to advance and become more materialistic. Even during peace technology progresses and with that technology comes new forms of entertainment which bring more materialism. It is perfectly normal and is the way people have been working since the start of humanity.
lock the topic by all means, this thread just goes to prove how many selfish people live in this world
You want selfish let's take you for example. You want the whole world to follow your idea, nobody else can have their own. We're all wrong and you're right. You are the one who is selfish.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
i can see atleast 1 critical error in your thinking. tho your ideas are good, u forget, there is more to descrimination and cultural diversity than simply borders and languages. even if u started everything the same, with every1 the same culturally, over time their geographical differences shall cause their cultures to evolve differently, resulting in different cultures for different areas. this difference in ppl would give them something to descriminate against.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
leontyrone said:
My enemies show me what is right from wrong, therefore they deserve my graditude, without them, I would commit wrongs. I am your enemy and you are mine, you show me how wrong I could be if I started thinking like you, I show you how you could be if you would be a little more unselfish in life.
I do not hate, to hate is to believe that a person's existence should have never been. You hate me and you desire that I should die, who is truly a murderer here?
I want people to believe that they can change this world with time for the better, you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways. So go on, oppose that which does not exist nor will probably ever exist. I'd die for my family or live a life of slavery than to give up the lives of the people I cared about.
Its seems you really should get off the Escapist if you cant respect its members. Also,you say "you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways" but all you've done on this thread or any thread you've posted on,is to try and force us to think like you. I think its time you realised that not everyone is going to follow you blindly like you follow your god!

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Radar
Anyway your entire argument is flawed by one thing,you will never,ever manage to get every human being to participate.
no need, this world is so set on the individual rather than the whole. This world isn't worth helping.
Then why are you trying(and failing)to help it?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

You want selfish let's take you for example. You want the whole world to follow your idea, nobody else can have their own. We're all wrong and you're right. You are the one who is selfish.

My ideas? Are you sure that maybe I didn't form them around other peoples' ideas. I believe that at some of the people in this world are entitled to a life without harassment and scorn for being who they are, like me. You say I stunt you ideas but you fail to mention even 1. Maybe I am in the right, I give a suggestion and people ridicule me for having an opinion. Now who is stepping on free will. You all hate me because of my independent thoughts and claim to support free will. Maybe you all are wrong because you do not want hatered, wars, and killings to end just to save yourself . Hatred and wars and killings are the result of racism and discrimination, things you support, you all support, so who is truly the evil one here? The answer is people like you.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Radar
Then why are you trying(and failing)to help it?
I try because though a lot of people desire me to die, maybe, just maybe there is at least one more person out there who can see past themselves and stand up for others.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

Good for you... You lack respect for someone else.
Paragraph 2, you really haven't showed that much graditude to all you're enamies in this topic
Paragraph 3, now, now, now he can only be a murderer if he succeeds.
Paragraph 4, you're the one that's hating everyone that doesn't conform to you're ways. Infact the whole arguament AGAINST YOU is that so no one has to conform. So in you're idea of a Utopia (a totalitarian state) depending on the princibles that it is based on you wouldn't of been able to live with that princible.
Everyone here is encouriging DEVERSITY, while you are encouraging CONFORMATY.
Hope that helped you relise you're hypocrasy.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

My ideas? Are you sure that maybe I didn't form them around other peoples' ideas. I believe that at some of the people in this world are entitled to a life without harassment and scorn for being who they are, like me. You say I stunt you ideas but you fail to mention even 1. Maybe I am in the right, I give a suggestion and people ridicule me for having an opinion. Now who is stepping on free will. You all hate me because of my independent thoughts and claim to support free will. Maybe you all are wrong because you do not want hatered, wars, and killings to end just to save yourself . Hatred and wars and killings are the result of racism and discrimination, things you support, you all support, so who is truly the evil one here? The answer is people like you.
NO NO and NO. What we did is told you reasons it would work. It was debating an idea. I do not hate you, I don't hate many people. I would never hate someone over a difference of opinion. Here's the thing. None of us can prove who is wrong and who is right. We may be right or you may be right, fact of the matter is I doubt we'll ever know. That means we also don't know who is evil. You may be evil or we may be evil. Again we'll most likely never know. You asked what we thought of your idea and we told you.

666thHeretic

May 26, 2008
leontyrone said:
elemenetal150 said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Agreed

the USA does not have a single culture but is a mix of nearly all of them, so by saying the USA's culture is the wrong one is the same as saying every one of them is wrong
You fail logic forever.

And your idea is completely ridiculous.
You think the Middle East is going to just drop their guns and hold hands with the Jews while we march into our glorious monochrome future? What you want to achieve requires you to make every human being abandon at least one of their fundamental beliefs, religious or otherwise. And we'll still find reasons to not get along.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Look, this dude's merely a troll. Have your say, sure, but there's no logic, no passion, really nothing he won't try and turn and make you sound like some sort of engorged prick.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Hookman said:
leontyrone said:
Its seems you really should get off the Escapist if you cant respect its members. Also,you say "you hate anybody who does not conform to your ways" but all you've done on this thread or any thread you've posted on,is to try and force us to think like you. I think its time you realised that not everyone is going to follow you blindly like you follow your god!
I respect its members, but what I can't respect are those who don't respect others. I've given my time and energy to talk about something and these people hate me for wanting a better world.
Maybe it's you who needs to find God. I don't desire that everyone would confrom to my ideas but I do desire that people should respect my opinion on matters, unlike you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to say it without being threatened.
I know people will not follow because they think of only themselves, they don't understand how people suffer. They see everyone as being inferior, like you.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Just make a non-human menace (prefrably an ugly one) attack the planet in an ongoing, but bearable war. That will unite humanity.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
the one thing that is missing from your equation human nature, we are competitive and we have drive and ambition, ambition leads to greed, which leads to confrontation.

one way or another there would still be corruption, hate, and violence.
entropy is universal in our existence, should this system become inherent, it would likely break down into an anarchistic hell within a few years, after all nature and nurture are separate, you have to take both into consideration before setting up any sort of theory.
example of nature over nurture, is IQ if a person has genetics that favor mental developement there is a good chance that they will be smart, whether they are trained while a child or not makes little real impact i think the numbers that came out of the tests were that nurture only changed the outcome by an estimated 4% not so big eh.

that being said it could never work. i wouldn't support it. neither would anyone who thought it through to completion factoring all accountable outcomes.

/end rant

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
leontyrone said:
Xan Krieger said:
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:

u are overgeneralizing this arguement.
dont confuse me for these trolls, what i say is not for arogence or or to prove my self right/prove another rong, but instead to voice my opinion, and allow you to voice yours in return. now that we understand this;
i truly believe that it would be impossible in most any situation to create a human world without racism or descrimination. no matter what, ppl will develop differences, espesually cultural/geographical differences. these differences shall cause descrimination in some form.
also, from what i understand of your argument, what u propose would require strict conformity. to force a person to relinquish their very culture would be to force them to think and act much as your culture does. this is not in any way 'freedom'.

shannon.archer

Mar 10, 2009
leontyrone said:
The individual is free to his or her own beliefs as long as their beliefs do not cause harm to befall others.
If we are all created equal, then a slacker should carry his load and not put it upon the shoulders of others.
It is by these moral codes that we can live better.
1. do not kill
2. do not commit adultery
3. do not steal
4. do not bear false witness against your neighbor
5. carry your fair share
6. love thy neighbor and enemy as you love yourself

without an enemy, you would not know what is right
Therefore those who believe that racism and discrimination should continue and that the world is better for it including wars and death, they show me just how corrupt they really are.
Pfft now you are being ignorant. Who do you think will live longer...? one who carries his load or one that throws it upon the man next to him. We will never be equal becuase we shall always fight one another for the chance to survive longer. It is proven in Charles Darwins theory of natural selection and is true for us more then any other animal.