An Explosive Mass Effect 3 Trailer For "FemShep Friday"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
An Explosive Mass Effect 3 Trailer For "FemShep Friday"

It's FemShep Friday and that means a brand new Mass Effect 3 trailer starring a slightly different-looking Commander Shepard.

The latest Mass Effect 3 trailer sees the end of the world through a different pair of eyes: those of FemShep, the female incarnation of Commander Shepard, the hard-driving, ass-kicking, take-no-crap savior of the galaxy. The trailer itself is pretty standard fare as far as these things go, a blockbuster mish-mash of explosions, gunfire and brief snippets of dialog establishing Shepard as an above-the-law renegade who will do what needs to be done, but there's no denying that Jennifer Hale nails it square. This is as Mass Effect as it gets.

So who's playing a FemShep? I'm all about DudeShep myself - BroShep, whatever you want to call it - but there seems to be a lot of interest in going to war as a heavily-armed heroine rather than the traditional square-jawed slab of machismo. Hey, as long as you know a thing or two about killing Reapers, right?

Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328895456&sr=8-1] comes out on March 6 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
FemShep is lookin' good! Too bad my previous saved games are with standard ManShep. Oh well, can't wait for this game!

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I personally play as DudeShep most of the time, but I do have a femshep save.

That was a pretty badass trailer, and I spotted a few familiar faces: Jacob, Miranda, Samara and Legion.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I hate to be negative, but she looks almost as wooden as Sheploo. I'll stick with custom faces.

The thing that interested me more about this trailer was that we got to see some ME2 characters. It looks like Jacob, Samara, and Miranda do show up.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
I really enjoyed watching this trailer, it's only pushed my anticipation of this game even higher! I didn't think it was possible.

However... Something about her face really seems off to me. I just can't put my finger on it. Ah well, that's what customization is for!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
It's FemShep Friday and that means a brand new Mass Effect 3 trailer starring a slightly different-looking Commander Shepard.
I am too damn much of a proofreader. I both noticed and got annoyed by the trivial odd italics on that line.

Andy Chalk said:
I'm all about DudeShep myself - BroShep, whatever you want to call it
They call me MisterShep.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
As long as my FemShep character carries over they can put whoever they want in the trailer... but it was nice to see.

Webb Myers

May 17, 2010
My first impression is that this is the first trailer for ME3 that makes me want to buy the game. My second impression is, "wait a minute, that was all cut-scene footage!".

Now don't get me wrong. I've slogged through a lot of bad gameplay for some good cut-scenes. But then again, I've never paid full price for a game I bought for the story.

Glad I didn't pre-order...

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
For a lot of people the choice comes down to prefering Jennifer Hale's voice work over Mark Meer. And I'm sure there are some the other way, too.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Never got the whole 'Femshep' thing. I always liked my broshep just fine, but to each their own.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
a brand new Mass Effect 3 trailer starring a slightly different-looking Commander Shepard.
You mean the ONLY Commander Shepard? FEMSHEP ALL THE WAY, BITCHES!

Bioware:

Stop with the trailers! You. Are. Killing me! The next month is going to be torture!

And stop teasing me with the N7 Collector's Edition! I know it's awesome! I know I want it! But I don't have the money! Leave me...

Right... fuck it. Anyone got £70 I can borrow? I promise to pay you back on time scale between now and 2 years from now!

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
What's this about FemShipping Sheppard?

...what? Did I read that wrong?

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I've played through ME1&2 with a few files, so I've got 2 male and 1 female Shepards. My FemShep's face didn't deviate much from the standard face. With the male ones I got as far away from the standard face as I could - seriously, it looks off. Really off.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Feels weird because my Sheppard is a bit older+ darker skin and hair, so there's a bit if a discord for me between the voice and the fem-shep in the trailer, but aweso e trailer non the less

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I saw nothing in that trailer that made her out to be the renegade version. Everything she said, male Shep said also. Unless he was also doing renegade stuff. Will have to wait and see.

What had me excited was confirming other characters: Jacob, Legion, Kaiden (who I have heard about, but not seen yet), Samara or her daughter, and Miranda. Still waiting on Kasumi, Zaeed, Kelly, Grunt, Wrex, Tali, and Jack. I know they've confirmed some of those characters, but I want to see them. I wouldn't be surprised if they saved Jack until the actual game. They keep saying how she's changed, and I bet they don't want to listen to the rage that people will no doubt be yelling.

Is the game going to be that dark, or is that just the trailer? Because I thought Shep had bright red hair, not reddish-brown. My Shep has bright red hair. I hope the game will be much brighter when it is on my system.