An Extinct Animal You Never Want to Meet

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Considering how well the original thread I had did, I've decided to ask what extinct animal you would never, ever, in a million years want to encounter in it's natural habitat? Remember, get pictures if you can and give a description of it's methods of attack.

Here's mine, it is very similair to my original great white, but it's much bigger.

The big one is the Megalodon shark, the other shark is a great white and that's a man.

Yup, that's right, Megalodon. The worlds biggest shark, a super sized great white that ate whales. It was around in prehistoric times and has always been a pain to get an accurate size due to sharks only leaving teeth.

Like this one!

And yes, this thing hunted prehistoric whales, the scientists figure it died out when it's prey could enter waters where it could not follow. Imagine a great white hunting whales the way it hunts seals.

The stuff of nightmares.

So if the great white could make me piss myself, Megalodon would give me a heart attack, even though I'd be so small it would probably not even attack me, hopefully.

Maybe not...

Your turn and because I feel like it, I'll post another Megalodon picture.

Don't ask about the Bottlenose, I know it shouldn't be there.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009

You might remember this one from Jurassic Park 3 as the dinosaur that killed the Tyrannosaurus

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
I'd say a velociraptor, but I've already met them in Red Dead Redemption!

Once, I saw a bear running towards me. I was lining up a shot to take it down right between the eyes, when TWO MORE came at me from behind at a 45-degree angle. If you've ever read Jurassic Park or seen the third movie, you'd know about this tactic. It's truly horrifying to see it in action.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
Pretty much any water dinosaur (yay for incorrect terminology). Those fuckers were scary.
The correct term is waterasauras.
I never want to meet and kind of prehistoric squid (if there is any)
if they're anything like that shark they'de be big onto the sun.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
I'm going to have to agree with the Megalodon; that would make me scared to go in the ocean.

Also I love the OPs avatar.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
CombiBlood said:
Have you seen Maga-Shark vs. Giant Octopus! It will kill us all!!!!!
Only if you're on an airplane. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g&feature=related]

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
CombiBlood said:
Have you seen Maga-Shark vs. Giant Octopus! It will kill us all!!!!!
The same people also made 'Titanic 2' which I have to say is a huge piece of shi...art.

I was going to say that prehistoric crocodile thing but upon further inspection it seems that your shark has trumped it.

Eren Murtaugh

Jul 31, 2010
I'd never ever in a million years want to meet is gonna have to be.. dromaeosaurus.
Why?
http://www.cbv.ns.ca/marigold/history/dinosaurs/datafiles/dromaeosaurusdata.html
It's always the little ones...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Funkiest Monkey said:
A dinosaur. Especially if it was in a bomber jet.

Calvin and Hobbes FTW!
oh and I'd also not like to meet a velociraptor.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I remember reading about this really big Super Crocodile back before man was around (Not sure of the exact time),

That thing could eat all 4 of those kids as an appetizer

A trip to Wikipedia names it the Sarcosuchus. It's diet consumed mainly of Large mamamels and Small dinosaurs. When it reaches adulthood, it's a big as a city bus and weighted roughly 9 tons.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
ilovemyLunchbox said:
I'd say a velociraptor, but I've already met them in Red Dead Redemption!

Once, I saw a bear running towards me. I was lining up a shot to take it down right between the eyes, when TWO MORE came at me from behind at a 45-degree angle. If you've ever read Jurassic Park or seen the third movie, you'd know about this tactic. It's truly horrifying to see it in action.
Claver girl...