An Extinct Animal You Never Want to Meet

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
I'm pretty sure there's a cracked article on this.

edit: damn ninja'd

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Hubilub said:

You might remember this one from Jurassic Park 3 as the dinosaur that killed the Tyrannosaurus
That thing went on land and swam in water, I was actually suprised it didn't have wings. Otherwise it would have been the deadlist fucking thing around.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
avouleance2nd said:
I'll see your big fish and raise you an aquatic reptile.

Damn, both killed large sea mammels and fish for food. That would be a cool fight to see. Also Walking with Dinosaurs was and still is, awesome.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Au Naturel. said:
Blatherscythe said:
That's impressive. I wasn't aware that an animal of such magnitude capable of eating a whale existed. And a shark at that... scary.
Would be cool if they were still around though, well maybe not... Holy shit I have a theory, the Titanic was sunk by a Megalodon!

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Good call with Ardoctus Sinus. A fast bear whose diet definitely included humans? No thanks. Lots of the things in this thread would just look at a human like "Guh?" They wouldn't even recognize us as food. Great White Sharks today only bite people because they think we're sea lions, they never take a second bite. The size difference/energy output to catch us is a factor too.

Plus, sharks can't get you on land.

Here's mine. This bastard was eleven feet long and weighed half a ton. Or possibly two tons. Nobody knows.

Andrewsarchus. Best warmount ever.

And nobody really knows what this animal (Deinocheirus) actually looked like, which makes it all the more terrifying.

Those arms are eight feet long. Don't they kind of look like, oh I don't know, RAPTOR CLAWS?

Funny coincidence? Both of those fossils were found in Mongolia.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Xojins said:
I'm going to have to agree with the Megalodon; that would make me scared to go in the ocean.

Also I love the OPs avatar.
Thanks, I get that alot. And yes, giant sharks lead to hydrophobia.

Larkin99

Feb 14, 2010
A Phorusrhacid or Terror Bird:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_bird

A 3 metre tall flightless bird that can run at 30mph and strike with the force of a slegehammer. And it was a carnivore. Scary.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Since this thread tends toward the aquatic, here's my submission. Dunkleosteus. The sharks and lizards you could be reasonably assured a torpedo would kill. This thing had an armored head, even if it was only 20 feet long.

Also, like many things on Cracked, that article was retarded. It had a giant rat, and no mention whatsoever of Deinosuchus, the 50 foot dino-eating crocodile.

Tagball

Super Sexy Short Stuff
Nov 25, 2009
This vicious bird that could tear your eyes from their sockets:

Oh wait....too soon? Yeah, too soon. Just wait a few years.....THEN it'll belong on this thread.

But, seriously:

This little shmuck. In Jurassic Park, it killed the fat guy from Seinfeld! It Killed the fat guy! NOOOOO!

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
blindthrall said:
Since this thread tends toward the aquatic, here's my submission. Dunkleosteus. The sharks and lizards you could be reasonably assured a torpedo would kill. This thing had an armored head, even if it was only 20 feet long.

Also, like many things on Cracked, that article was retarded. It had a giant rat, and no mention whatsoever of Deinosuchus, the 50 foot dino-eating crocodile.
Megladon still beats it in my opinion. You just can't compete with a 50 foot great white.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
no oneder said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Pretty much any dinosaur. Those fuckers were scary.
That. Also the ironing board shark [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stethacanthus].
Jesus Christ!

Also, "scary extinct fish" turned up this fucker, so I'll throw it into the mix.

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
Great, because of this thread I feel compelled to buy all the Jurassic Park films and try to find Walking with Dinosaurs/Beasts DVD's.

Liopleuredon would have to be the one thing I would hate to meet. Sea creatures are just entirely creepy to me.