An Extinct Animal You Never Want to Meet

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
MagnetoHydroDynamics said:
Diseases are more scary than large animals.

Animals are susceptible to bullets. Bullets are cheap.
Diseases not so much. Cures are expensive. And hard to come by.
True, modern technology can wipe any of the animals in this thread off the face of the planet. Completely exterminating a disease is still something an insanely hard feat.

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
Been ninja'd multiple times, so eh. But I now really want to go the the Natural History Museum in London...

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
I'm going to have to go with Arctodus Simus, the giant short faced bear. After Red Dead Redemption, bears scare the living shit out of me.

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
Yosato said:
A duck billed platypus, those things freak me the fuck out
They still exist. We're looking for extinct animals. I'm with Baron Vin Evil Satan:
Baron Von Evil Satan said:
EDIT: Ninja'd!

Sarcosuchus. A 'SuperCroc'. The thing was 37-40 feet long and weighed 8-10 tons.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
A Liopleurodon, because I'll fear for my kidneys.

Really, anything bigger than a rabbit. They recently discovered a European dinosaur like a Velociraptor, but with two sickle claws per foot. It was described as being the size of "a gigantic turkey." I don't care if they meant the Butterball record-breaker or Gobblezilla, I don't want that thing in the same time zone as I am.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Ironic Pirate" post="18.229358.7946837 said:
Also, "scary extinct fish" turned up this fucker, so I'll throw it into the mix.

That is a decidedly non-extinct six-gilled shark, friend. Look at its fucking teeth:

Every tooth is like a flat surface with a dozen smaller teeth on top. We're safe, though, because this monster lives very deep and never rises to the surface to attack humans and eat their souls.

I think many extinct animals wouldn't be hungry enough to chase a human. I definitely wouldn't want to meet a Deinonychus, which is just the right size to consider me a delicious meal. It also has the claws to make short work of an unarmoured mammal like me, and it's believed to have hunted in packs.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Chamale said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Also, "scary extinct fish" turned up this fucker, so I'll throw it into the mix.

That is a decidedly non-extinct six-gilled shark, friend. Look at its fucking teeth:

Every tooth is like a flat surface with a dozen smaller teeth on top. We're safe, though, because this monster lives very deep and never rises to the surface to attack humans and eat their souls.

I think many extinct animals wouldn't be hungry enough to chase a human. I definitely wouldn't want to meet a Deinonychus, which is just the right size to consider me a delicious meal. It also has the claws to make short work of an unarmoured mammal like me, and it's believed to have hunted in packs.
eat our souls? what the hell kind of fish does that, oh right
the goblin shark.

[small]how can something that literally looks like it has a dick on its head be so terrifying?[/small]

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Chamale said:
Ironic Pirate said:

I thought it was a frilled shark? Still not extinct, though.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I'd personally love to meet them all on one condition, I get to bring a small army to fuck them all up with me.

I would love to see a couple of tanks fuck up dinosaurs...

But if It was just me, fuck it I don't want to meet any of them. Except a dodo, just to kill it again for being such a shit animal.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
I thought it was a frilled shark? Still not extinct, though.
Frilled shark and six-gilled shark mean the same thing. It's like the difference between a painter, puma, cougar, and mountain lion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Funkiest Monkey said:
A dinosaur. Especially if it was in a bomber jet.

"Sir, what is it!?"
"It's a Raptor!"
"Yes, we can see it. An F22..."
"No Sir! It's being piloted by a Raptor!!"
"Dear God..."

----

Prehistoric mosquitoes. All bugs were bigger a couple million years ago and I'm pretty sure a prehistoric mosquito could suck enough blood to make a full grown human pass out.