An Uncut Manhunt 2 Hits the Warez Scene

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
An Uncut Manhunt 2 Hits the Warez Scene

Gamers and politicians alike have been itching to discover what was cut from Manhunt 2 to change its rating to M. Now, if a leaked copy of Manhunt 2 currently circulating on torrents and Usenet is legitimate, the public may know for certain what those changes were.

A Google search for "Manhunt 2 Uncut Torrent," provides around 63,000 hits. A Youtube video of what appears to be the introductory credit sequence [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGTKzI4uid4] for the game was uploaded over the weekend.

Although at first the game would only work on PAL television systems, apparently the pirated game has been modified to also play on NTSC televisions, the standard for the United States.

Manhunt 2 has already generated a firestorm [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/manhunt+2] in the game industry, especially the ESRB, who got taken to task repeatedly by anti-game activists for allegedly being too lenient with Rockstar Games in lowering the game's rating from an AO to M.

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
Any idea what game console platform we're talking about, and whether you'd have to hack them to get this to play? I'd heard you could use the Wiimote to grab someone by the crotch with pliers and rip their nuts off. :)

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
Good point. To clarify, we're talking what seems to be a PS2 build. I've seen plenty of forum threads from people who are apparently playing it. Originally you could only run it on a PAL telly, but now there is an NTSC fix. I believe you still need a modded PS2 to run it though, considering you have to burn the game disc from a PC.

So sorry, no Wii-genital manipulation.

Lametta

Sep 9, 2007
If you click the "sequence" link for you tube this message appears:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Take Two Interactive

gg