Analyst: Activison Could Have Charged More for Stimulus Pack

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
They are ripping of mostly 360 fanboys... Most of em are either 12 and using their mom's credit card or frat boys in college using their mom's credit card. Activision probably could have charged 25 bucks and it would still have reached the 20% mark.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Caliostro said:
You know what? Do it. Fuck it, make it $40. Fuck'em. You know why? BECAUSE THE PUBLIC LOVES IT.

That's right, the public loves the feeling of dick rammed right in their behinds:

"We're upping the price of the normal game... because we feel like it",
"We're treating you like subpar clients just because.",
"We're actually removing content from the game.",
"We're giving you rehashed shit for MOAR MONEY!".

"*The public whines*".
"*The Public buys*".
"It's super effective."

Either people are insanely stupid or they just love to take it. So fuck'em. Let's see how long they'll take it. Pump that shit up. Make games more expensive and shittier than ever. Make each old map 20 bucks minimum. Bleed'em dry. Maybe then they'll get some balls to say "no, I won't pay to be kicked in the nuts".
That is exactly what is happening. They keep movin the line and they keep buying into it. Sooner or later they will push to far though.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I didn't buy it because I'm not a retard.

Caliostro said:
You know what? Do it. Fuck it, make it $40. Fuck'em. You know why? BECAUSE THE PUBLIC LOVES IT.

That's right, the public loves the feeling of dick rammed right in their behinds:

"We're upping the price of the normal game... because we feel like it",
"We're treating you like subpar clients just because.",
"We're actually removing content from the game.",
"We're giving you rehashed shit for MOAR MONEY!".

"*The public whines*".
"*The Public buys*".
"It's super effective."

Either people are insanely stupid or they just love to take it. So fuck'em. Let's see how long they'll take it. Pump that shit up. Make games more expensive and shittier than ever. Make each old map 20 bucks minimum. Bleed'em dry. Maybe then they'll get some balls to say "no, I won't pay to be kicked in the nuts".
This person beautifully sums up why I didn't buy it. Kudos chum. ;)

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
I've held off buying the map pack, but I generally don't buy DLC for anything. Seeing as there are still plenty of people playing multiplayer without it, I'll happily wait till the price goes down to pick it up.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Retards

Who ever supports and actually purchased it, is just fueling their idiotic pricing/DLC policy. Really, despite bitching the same people still buy it. Terrific, I hope you people will keep supporting Activision.

If I offended anyone, I apologize but you remain retards. End of the line.
i´m sorry but calling names and then apologizing is not cool

as a business i understand what the mind set is for Activision, and i support them in their quest for more income, but you cant be seriously considering that just because someone thinks Activision is not wrong he is mentally disabled...

just keep your offenses to yourselve please.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Divnich makes a good point, people may have complained about the cost, but they still bought the pack anyway, suggesting that it's just a vocal minority making all the noise. I'm interested to hear what you guys think. Did you buy the Stimilus pack? If so, would you have paid for it if it had been more expensive?
Logan, you're asking the vocal minority that the researcher proved was wrong, about their now discredited opinions?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Rednog said:
AkJay said:
That's not really something to brag about. It's like if someone were to kill your dad and then say "look at the bride side, at least I didn't kill your mom, too". Yea, it's good that you didn't kill my mom, but you still killed my dad, you asshole.
That is either a terrible spelling error or a hilariously grim pun.

OT: I really hope they don't keep jacking up prices. They keep trying to push new price standards for consumers with MW2. There is only so far you can go without breaking that horse, and I have a feeling they are going to keep at it until it that horse just dies from exhaustion.
I have to admit that it was a spelling error, but I think Freud may have something to say about that...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
You know what this means:

"Get Ready to pay even MORE for DLC."

That's right. But Activision doesn't deserve all the credit. They owe a lot to R* for their price point pushing mission packs, Capcom for introducing multiplayer for a price, and all of the other pubishers willing to charge microtransactions for things that should've been included with the $60 price tag.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
WOuld people really pay $20 for some maps, most of which are remakes?
I didn't pay $15, I could have but didn't want to pay such unfair pricing.

AkJay said:
Rednog said:
AkJay said:
That's not really something to brag about. It's like if someone were to kill your dad and then say "look at the bride side, at least I didn't kill your mom, too". Yea, it's good that you didn't kill my mom, but you still killed my dad, you asshole.
That is either a terrible spelling error or a hilariously grim pun.

OT: I really hope they don't keep jacking up prices. They keep trying to push new price standards for consumers with MW2. There is only so far you can go without breaking that horse, and I have a feeling they are going to keep at it until it that horse just dies from exhaustion.
I have to admit that it was a spelling error, but I think Freud may have something to say about that...
Yeah, He would say its damn funny.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
The prices only drop when people start actually considering them.

WTF $500 FOR MODERN WARFARE 3 AND $50 A MONTH FOR ONLINE THIS SUCKS OK I'LL BUY IT ANYWAY

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
People don't want to miss out, simple as that. They're worried they might miss out on all of the action on these new maps. I've never understood why developers decide to split their multiplayer player-base like this. Maps should always be free, whilst skins and maybe callsigns should cost money. As long as it doesn't impact on the balance of the game and who gets to play what.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
It's a bit hard to answer the question of "would you buy it anyway if we charged more", due to the fact there's really nowhere else you can go to get it cheaper. When the only place you can shop raises its prices, you're kinda fucked.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
Godavari said:
Well, I think it's a perfectly fair price. Halo 3 charged $10 for sets of three maps, which was fine, so five maps for $15 bucks, while not exactly a steal, is a pretty good value.
Halo 3 maps came with Forge, though, which puts those map packs in a seperate catergory. 3 maps, with support for user-created content, changes the pricing structure.

My personal belief is that if Activision thinks it can get away with charging more, then they'll sure as hell charge more. I'm scared of the price tage for the next MW2 DLC....

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
In my opinion, I'd pay $2 to $3 for any given map, it's enough for a prepaid card to cover and leaves you some extra cash and/or Microsoft for some vanity buys (avatar clothing, Themes, etc)

As far as Activision going "I wish we had charged more", they just lost a good amount of IW to Respawn Entertainment (if you don't know who that is google it) so the maps are going to be really staggered release-wise

TheDukester

Aug 2, 2008
Not only did I not buy the "Stimulus" Package, but I sold Modern Warfare 2 and bought something better with the money I got back. I don't respect anyone who bought it, because they are giving companies (and idiot analysts like this one) fodder to point at and say, "Hey! Look! Those idiots are buying rehashed maps! We should make ALL worthless DLC priced at $15"

Look, $15 DLC isn't the problem. The Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony for Grand Theft Auto 4 were worth 15 dollars; the Fallout 3 DLC were worth the money. It's the idea that you're paying for three new maps and TWO OLD MAPS FROM AN OLD GAME.

For Christ's sake, you could transfer the ENTIRE Rock Band 1 tracks to Rock Band 2 for like three bucks! Why couldn't you transfer 2 f**king maps from Call of Duty 4 to MW2 for fifty cents?!