Analyst Says Darksiders Was A Disappointment for THQ

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
THQ will be fine. Trust me. Dawn of War has an expansion coming up, expansions are usually pretty good money. Plus I expect good things from Metro 2033. If you haven't taken a look at that game yet, give it a look.

jubosu

Aug 9, 2009
I saw these advertisements every so often
It may just be me but i care more about things that are going to be EPIC
case and point Mass Effect 2
Similar release time THQ epic phlail

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
RE: Advertising, at least in the UK.

Sky ONe was running those ads for at least two hours a day and...
VGCATZ said:
It seems that the marketing campaign may have been a little targetted. Sky One was practically running on ads in the UK and Ireland for the weeks leading up to the release of the game. Though that may say more for what Sky charge and are capable of doing to get the game out there then about the ad campaign in general
Damnable ninjas!

Anyway, those ads are still going.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Duraji said:
Doesn't come as a surprise to me. The game looks laughably awkward at best, and terribly lame at second best. Seriously, a God of War clone with the most vapid sort of character you can imagine?

I honestly don't care if Metacritic has an 83 for it, there's nothing about that game that looks worth $60 to me. I think reviewers need to stop handing out 7s and 8s to every single game just because it would hurt some developer's feelings if they got a more harsh and realistic score, but that's just me.
Seriously? Did you just say this? You haven't even played it and you're saying that reviewers rated it too highly? Did you actually think about this?

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Duraji said:
Doesn't come as a surprise to me. The game looks laughably awkward at best, and terribly lame at second best. Seriously, a God of War clone with the most vapid sort of character you can imagine?

I honestly don't care if Metacritic has an 83 for it, there's nothing about that game that looks worth $60 to me. I think reviewers need to stop handing out 7s and 8s to every single game just because it would hurt some developer's feelings if they got a more harsh and realistic score, but that's just me.
Seriously? Did you just say this? You haven't even played it and you're saying that reviewers rated it too highly? Did you actually think about this?
Well, he read somewhere online that it's a God of War clone, that's enough right? right?

Johnny Danger

Oct 19, 2008
Sooo, this analyst can suck it, Darksiders sequel announced:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1066369p1.html

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I think were missing the important part.

Darksiders was a disappointment for pimppeter2

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
sln333 said:
Man, it got discounted 2 weeks after release. How well did they think it would do? It's one of the weaker titles out so far this year. Yahtzee's countless agonizing descriptions of the main character's look are enough to show the game can't be that great.
I would trust Yahtzee to give a good objective review about as much as I trust myself to perform open heart surgery with a whip saw and a pickaxe.

I'll form my own thoughts on the game once I rent it and power play it in a day.
I understand that we shouldn't take his reviews for granted, but you can't say that this is good character design:

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
sln333 said:
ma55ter_fett said:
sln333 said:
Man, it got discounted 2 weeks after release. How well did they think it would do? It's one of the weaker titles out so far this year. Yahtzee's countless agonizing descriptions of the main character's look are enough to show the game can't be that great.
I would trust Yahtzee to give a good objective review about as much as I trust myself to perform open heart surgery with a whip saw and a pickaxe.

I'll form my own thoughts on the game once I rent it and power play it in a day.
I understand that we shouldn't take his reviews for granted, but you can't say that this is good character design:
Looks cool enough to me, I wouldn't pick a fight with him at least.

Ezra Rainstein

Mar 18, 2010
Greenwald is an idiot. Darksiders has sold over 1 million units worldwide, moving more units than its initial release date competitor, Bayonetta.