Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

So I kept an eye on this up till release due it's interesting concept and then pretty much forgot about it once the reviews said it wasn't particularly good.

So imagine my surprise when SuperBunnyhop, a man whose opinion I respect due to care in backing them up, drops this video and makes the game sound far more interesting then I gave it any credit for. Granted it sounds like the Devs updated the game after release and apparently fixed some of the issues reviewers were complaining about.

Has anyone played the game themselves? Any feelings about Georges take on the game? I'm tempted to give the game a second look but I want to see if others have opinions on it.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I thought the game sounded fascinating as well, and I have it wishlisted on Steam so I can buy it when it becomes available and gets on sale for $20 or less.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've heard about it too oh, but I have no interest. I'm glad they were able to update the game fixed issues it had. I am a big fan of super bunnyhop as well.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Lol it's like the epic release was the beta and steam release is going to give them a second chance.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Lol it's like the epic release was the beta and steam release is going to give them a second chance.
It sounds like they weren't quite ready the first time around, yeah.

And then the one dev made an ass of himself by insisitng the bad review scores are because reviewers didn't play the game. Which is nearly always the argument of someone who is salty about something(it's often invoked by super fans of....anything, really, when someone doesn't share their love of something)

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
It sounds like they weren't quite ready the first time around, yeah.

And then the one dev made an ass of himself by insisitng the bad review scores are because reviewers didn't play the game. Which is nearly always the argument of someone who is salty about something(it's often invoked by super fans of....anything, really, when someone doesn't share their love of something)
Supposedly a reviewer criticized the horse-ridding in the game. The fact is that there is no horse-ridding in the game...

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It looks pretty interesting. I hope it's not a long game because I don't want to play a game as an evolving ape for like more than 20 hours honestly.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
It looks pretty interesting. I hope it's not a long game because I don't want to play a game as an evolving ape for like more than 20 hours honestly.
According to How Long to Beat, Main story takes 11 hours but Main and Extra(whatever that means) can take 30 hours and "All Styles" is smack in the middle at 20.

So maybe?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It's a fantastic video and I really enjoyed watching it, but I'll admit as I don't have a platform that can play the game at the moment it's highly unlikely that I will be playing it anytime soon, but it's definitely interesting to see how much philosophising it inspired in George Wiedman or Bunnyhop whatever, he's definitely convinced me to give the game a chance whenever I acquire a platform for it, though granted I've never been one to put much weight behind the myth of creation, so I'm rather curious to see if it would inspire something in me, given as I've never cared about the topic, huge problem considering I was raised as both Catholic and Christian and went exclusively to religious schools.

Reactions: Dalisclock