And all the Oscars goes to.... God Bless America

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
This movie... Wait, I've seen this movie before. This movie is Falling Down, modernized, and played a bit more for laughs.

Not a bad thing mind, but still, just what I thought of when I saw that trailer. And if you guys haven't seen Falling Down, you should. It's a kick ass movie.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
This movie is GLORIOUS, and I haven't even seen it yet. Ok, the TRAILER is glorious, at least. I can't wait to see it. Get off your moral horses, people.

Scipio1770

Oct 3, 2010
Buretsu said:
Dejawesp said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

This may very well be the best movie that was ever made.

I wonder how many people out there would do the same thing in this guys situation. Have we just been lucky that all the crazies die quietly in their sleep or get run over by cars?

Can't say I wouldn't be tempted.
Let's hope you'll be tempted to do what he almost did at the beginning instead.
Alright there kiddos, it's a trailer on youtube, take it down a notch.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Buretsu said:
Sunrider84 said:
This movie is GLORIOUS, and I haven't even seen it yet. Ok, the TRAILER is glorious, at least. I can't wait to see it. Get off your moral horses, people.
Yes, just turn off your brain, and enjoy, right? As long as it's entertaining, nothing else really matters, right? It's bad people doing bad things, and who doesn't like to watch that, right?
Shit dude, you're right. What am I thinking - going to see a black comedy movie with no intention of getting intellectually stimulated? Better get mah priorities right.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
It looks entertaining enough. I don't care what social message people think is attached to it. I'll be enjoying it(or not enjoying it if it's bad) as a piece of entertainment.

Azahul

Apr 16, 2011
AngelBlackChaos said:
Aetera said:
I saw this trailer a while ago and I really want to see it. It looks... cathartic.
Exactly. I thought it would be extremely pleasing, especially since I am so polite toward people i absolutely hate.

Also. Please, Pleasssseee tell me what your avatar is from. it looks extremely familiar and now i cant stop thinking about it.
I'm fairly certain it's a picture of Illyria (I think that's how you spell it). The demon-god from the fifth season of Angel that
possesses Fred, killing her in the process.

As to the actual movie, it looks like good fun. I don't think it's actually trying to make a point here, it looks more like an incredibly dark version of slapstick, but I'm sure I'd have fun watching it provided it lives up to the trailer.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Someone makes a joke about a country: Hahaha so true, maybe you should fix it.

Someone makes a joke about the USA: Dude not funny, I will vehemently argue against you until the end of time.

Just relax, people, and stop being so patriotic (which isn't a good thing).

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Buretsu said:
Lonely Packager said:
Buretsu said:
Sunrider84 said:
Yes, just turn off your brain, and enjoy, right? As long as it's entertaining, nothing else really matters, right? It's bad people doing bad things, and who doesn't like to watch that, right?
Shit dude, you're right. What am I thinking - going to see a black comedy movie with no intention of getting intellectually stimulated? Bette get mah priorities right.
And "swoosh" goes the point.
Right back at ya, genius.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
TheNaut131 said:
The characters in this movie are sociopahtic, hell, outright psychotic and purely evil, even when put next to characters like Jigsaw and the Sniper.

And I kinda love it.
I think that's a big part of the joke and the message. Having characters do things in a film that we are tempted to do in real life, and having us inadvertently root for the "bad guys" is a good way to make us look at our priorities. Then again, I've only seen the trailer and not the whole film, and I could be completely wrong.

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
I am amused by the concept of this film. Therefore it has achieved its purpose. Saying that, it does carry the capacity to invoke a mentally ill person to commit dangerous acts. I'd suggest that people watch out for those who have trouble separating fiction from reality and attempt to prevent them from watching it. Everyone else, enjoy or go away. Stop being mad at me for liking something you don't like.