And all the Oscars goes to.... God Bless America

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Ah, reminds me of cheap-ass exploitation movies.

This could be a real "guilty pleasure" if done right.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Nikolaz72 said:
Vrach said:
Quote: "Let's hope you'll be tempted to do what he almost did at the beginning instead."

How is that warning worthy? Telling someone you'd rather if they killed themselves than a bunch of innocent (if annoying) people is somehow wrong?

OT: It just looks way too simplistic and not at all well thought out, it's a movie based on one joke, "hey, let's kill all the stupid/annoying people cause we can".

And girl aspect from Leon? More like Super. Hell, the whole movie screams Super, with all the depth ripped out - take out the superhero motif, change the character's motivation to a brainless "because I can", broaden the target range to annoying (Super even had a moment like that, though an actually meaningful one) and apply one solution to everything - shoot them.

The brainlessness of this movie is simply ironic. I get the idea behind it, but it's such trash without a touch of depth, the people making it fall into the category of the people they're getting rid of in the movie. And no, that's not the joke of it.
Actually it was more along the lines of.

Statement: (Im tempted to do what is done in the movie, although I could never go through with it)

Response: (You should do what he almost did at the start of the movie, and go through with it)

Statement talks about how he is tempted to do mass-slaughter

Response says that for being even tempted he should commit suicide.
edit: I don't see where you got the "although I could never go through with it", there's just the temptation in the OP's post. And I agree with that reply. You don't just get tempted to commit mass slaughter randomly. That's not how a normal brain works, you're not supposed to be held back from the idea of mass slaughter only by fear for your own stupid ass being sentenced to prison or death.

Considering that in that hypothetical, the guy's the person in the movie - friendless, jobless and downright useless and he's got a terminal illness that's gonna kill him slowly and painfully over the next few years, putting a bullet into his own head isn't suicide as it is for someone else, it's just ending the suffering early, pretty much self euthanasia - which I'd agree with as someone's right and even a sensible course of action even if he wasn't considering mass slaughter. With mass murder as a possibility - hell yeah, I'd hope the same, for myself as well as anyone else in that situation.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Nope. He said "Let's hope you'll be tempted to do what he almost did at the beginning instead.". If people actually passed a few English comprehension classes (see: tenses, instead), they might understand the difference between "go kill yourself" and "if you ever end up thinking of killing random people get you get an opportunity to do it consequence-free, I hope you kill yourself instead".[/quote]

No see you're still wrong about it. In the beginning of the trailer the guy seemed to give up on life and got ready to kill himself... THEN he saw the last tv commercial and decided they needed to die before he did..

It still amounts to telling the OP to kill himself

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
Buretsu said:
TheBoulder said:
Buretsu said:
You are on The Escapist. It is safe to assume that you play video games, those things where you kill things. And God forbid people enjoy violence, it's not like that's natural or anything.
If violence is natural, then surely you wouldn't mind if I shot you in the face? I imagine that, if you enjoy violence, you'd absolutely LOVE that idea.

No, sadism is not natural. Taking pleasure in the pain and suffering of others is not natural, it is a warning sign of deeper mental issues.

And, yes, I play video games where I often kill people. And a part of me takes solace in the fact that they exist for no other purpose than this, and that if I did not kill them, they would in fact kill me.

That's not even an excuse you can use for this sort of "entertainment", where the victims only "deserve" their final fates in the twisted mind of a psychopath with no regard for human life.
Violence is natural. Are you completely oblivious to the world around you? Apart from nature itself being violent, modern media and society glorify violence and sadism. Violent movies and video games are amongst the most popular. News stories about civilians taking the law in their own hands are often met with praise.
If humans didn't like killing shit, then we would be at an extreme evolutionary disadvantage. If you couldn't kill something because you felt bad, then you went hungry.
P.S. The 'Sanctity of Life' is bullshit.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Tasteless and classless.

If thats your kind of thing, fair enough I guess.

(One more thing bugs me though. So, the makers of the movie are making fun/getting revenge on the countless morons that made their lives shitty over all those years, right? So what do they do? Make a movie that attracts countless, mindless morons. They failed so hard at satire that they became exactly what they hate. And if you watch this movie and love it, chances are you are one more copy of the mindless morons you usually complain about.)
If the movie ended with the main character saying something along the lines of "there's one more asshole who needs a bullet through their head", then turned to the camera and "shot" the audience, it would have been genius.

Then again, I'm one of those "mindless morons" that loves cathartic "violence because I can" type movies.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
Hmmm...

Senseless violence? I'm all for it. But this is one movie that, after watching it, I'll probably have to soak myself for eight hours in some sort of industrial strength cleaner. And then question why the hell I enjoyed it so much. And if the answer is 'Because everyone dies! Isn't it FUN?!?!' then I might want to lie down for awhile and become afraid of myself.

Sure, it's senseless violence. Is that immediately a bad thing? Not really. But whenever that's ALL of what the movie consists of? It's probably gonna be a shit movie.

Still thought, looks like it'll be a hell of a lot of fun until I get bored of it.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Counter_Southpaw said:
meh, rather than kill the degenerate masses, I'd rather rise above them and control them.
You... you fool, you can't control them, you've fallen under their influence. You... you're indoctrinated.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
I actually want to watch this movie when it comes out. I also wonder what the westbro baptist church have to say about being in it.