And all the Oscars goes to.... God Bless America

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
This kind of goes both ways for me. I like it because of what they're doing. Killing the Kardashins? Yes please!

On the other hand, this is also a story about a middle aged man losing his shit because he can only see the worst parts of life and can't find anything to enjoy. And what makes me sadder is that the girl is actually jaded enough to agree with him.

Or sociopathic. Not quite sure which.

Makes me sad there's enough shit in the world to even merit this film. In this country alone, even.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Whenever I see trailers for black comedy films, I usually see a particular scene and think "That's awful!" before remaining silent and then maybe getting the joke a few seconds afterwords.

However, that didn't happen for this one.

I actually "Got" all of it. It made sense and I think I may be in the target audience for this one. Of course I probably still won't watch it due to me feeling uncomfortable about laughing when death is involved (in both reality and fiction), but I guess in the end a little bit of everything will appeal to someone eventually.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Aetera said:
I saw this trailer a while ago and I really want to see it. It looks... cathartic.
Exactly. I thought it would be extremely pleasing, especially since I am so polite toward people i absolutely hate.

Also. Please, Pleasssseee tell me what your avatar is from. it looks extremely familiar and now i cant stop thinking about it.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
JoesshittyOs said:
Because God forbid someone uses a child actor in their movie?
Seems that particular point went way over your head, if you'd seen Leon you'd know exactly why myself and others make that comparison.

RagTagBand said:
Dejawesp said:
This may very well be the best movie that was ever made.
Well that certainly proves that you're part of the culture this film is against.

Seriously, This film couldn't be more ironic if it tried. It is exactly the kind of Mindless, Moron-Magnet bullshit that it's trying to satire, If anything this film is worse because not only is it buried deep in its own ass, it thinks it's making some philosophically poignant social commentary.

What

A

Joke.
Very much this, the lack of self-awareness in that trailer is very telling.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I find this film in incredibly poor taste, and not really in a good way.
I probably still see it, but I don't think this is really where I want dark comedy to go.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
GoaThief said:
JoesshittyOs said:
Because God forbid someone uses a child actor in their movie?
Seems that particular point went way over your head, if you'd seen Leon you'd know exactly why myself and others make that comparison.
I have, it's one of my favorite movies. And once again, that's an extremely loose comparison, and my point still stands.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
It

IS

A Joke.
To paraphrase a friend: "Any movie that depicts handcuffing a girl inside a car and executing her loses the right to call itself comedic".

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
Buretsu said:
Dejawesp said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

I wonder how many people out there would do the same thing in this guys situation. Have we just been lucky that all the crazies die quietly in their sleep or get run over by cars?

Can't say I wouldn't be tempted.
Let's hope you'll be tempted to do what he almost did at the beginning instead.
And I get a warning for calling another forum member fat.

trty0

Mar 12, 2012
I've seen the trailer, and I think this looks stupid. It looks really shallow and just hateful (No, I don't think hate is a good response to hate). This is just me, but this film strikes me as extremely self-righteous, and while some people find things like this "cathartic", I don't. I think this movie would be great if it was perhaps a social satire on self-righteousness, and the inherent comedy of fighting hate with more hate, but it's not, I know it's not. It'll just be another "ZOMG TOTALI AWESUM" movie, and it's going to get eaten up by a lot of people that are just as dumb as the one's getting executed.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
I was kinda disgusted and shocked when I saw him kill the girl, because it was just so unexpected. I thought I'd simply see a comedy pointing out how messed up American Society is in certain areas. But after the shock began to fade, it soon turned into chuckling. Then it turned into a straight laughing fit.

I was laughing hard. Too hard. I don't typically laugh like that.

You see, I don't like a lot of the people in this trailer. The Kardashians, parking douchebags, etc, etc, and I would like to see a lot of them simply "go away" but not really die, of course. I stopped, looked at myself, and agreed that wishing death upon a relatively average and innocent person is simply a childish, petty and pointless thing to do just because you don't agree with their own insignificant actions or lifestyle.

But I enjoyed this. Guys, let's be reasonable, we've all had that moment where we wish we could just unload an ammo cartridge into someone, someone we believe to be a waste of DNA. But we all know that's wrong, right? A strong part of me agrees with that, another part tells me it's just a movie, satire and all that jazz. It's just a way to point out all the people supposedly ruining American society.

As for my actual views on the move itself...people seem to be comparing this movie to others such as Super and Kickass. However, they were actually fighting "real villains and generally bad people" in their movies, or at least to a degree. These guys are just killing random innocent civilians for being jerks. Hell, even in Saw and Phone Booth, Jigsaw himself and the Sniper in Phone Booth both went out of their ways to punish people they saw as undeserving of their lives or simply abusing them, but at least they gave their victims a possible way out and a chance to change their ways. The guys in in this movie just shoot down anyone they don't like. I want to see how they develop that and make it funny aside from, "let's kill a lot of annoying people!"

The characters in this movie are sociopahtic, hell, outright psychotic and purely evil, even when put next to characters like Jigsaw and the Sniper.

And I kinda love it.

Oh dear...

CURSE YOU MORALS! IT'S JUST A MOVIE!

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
ThePS1Fan said:
Looks like the stupidest thing ever... I can't wait to see it.
That's what I said the last time someone posted a trailer, still stand by that statement.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
... The trailers okay, but this movie's basically saying "Kill people who are stupid, have different opinions then you, or are just jerks to you! You'll be in the right!"

Wrong. Albeit, I will probably watch the film, the idea it's relaying is basically a form of terrorism.
satire |ˈsaˌtīr|
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues

Emphasis on exaggeration. It's not condoning violence, it's identifying and criticizing all the people that are screwing up American society.

asacatman

Aug 2, 2008
It's definately not good social satire or anything, and seems to be going for all the easiest targets, but it looks kinda fun (and also morally bankrupt.), so as long as people don't try and take any meaning from it, it could be pretty good.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
doesn't look like the kinda movie I'd be interested in. There is no sense of proportion with the punishment that each of the people receive; they all just die. It would be better, to me, if he just beat the daylights out of those people... except the WBC, fuck them.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
RagTagBand said:
Dejawesp said:
Well that certainly proves that you're part of the culture this film is against.

Seriously, This film couldn't be more ironic if it tried. It is exactly the kind of Mindless, Moron-Magnet bullshit that it's trying to satire, If anything this film is worse because not only is it buried deep in its own ass, it thinks it's making some philosophically poignant social commentary.

What

A

Joke.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. The levels of pretentiousness coming off of that trailer are staggering.

Plus, though it flashed up for only a moment, I noticed this film was written by Bobcat Goldthwait.
I've suddenly become even less interested.