And this is why Animation is superior to Live Action. (New Images of Live Action Teen Titans show)

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
This is RANT mind you so bear with me.

Because when Cosplayers can dress up as the characters you are adapting better and more faithful then your costumed actors, you might aswell just kill yourself:

I mean at the very least Zack Snyder got the LOOK of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman right, this is just a shameful display. Hell Teen Titans GO! still had the characters look like as they were in the older show.

At this point I am just gonna stick to animation thank you:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
While I agree that the images look bad, it's hardly evidence of animation being superior to live action. By this standard, I could take something poorly animated and cite it as proof that live action is superior.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
While I agree that the images look bad, it's hardly evidence of animation being superior to live action. By this standard, I could take something poorly animated and cite it as proof that live action is superior.
Here's another image of Raven and Beast Boy:

But as I said, when cosplayers did it right, what's your excuse Hollywood?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Yeah I need more pics, especially of Starfire, before I really sink the boot in because the costumes for Robin, Hawk and Dove look brilliant.

That said, once that pic of Starfire's actress got out, they should have done some damage control by showing her all done up in the proper costume.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Oh no

A tv show with a tv show budget can't make movie quality costumes and cgi

The nerve of them
Daredevil and the Flash would like to have a word with you.
Those shows basically both have 1, very simple costume. Imagine that, a single costume being easier and cheaper than a rotating cast of primary characters.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Actually, I been using some of this type of confirmation bias for my own opinions too...

See, I've always been telling people that photographed animals are just better in every way to animated humans for so long. And now here's indefensible proof, finally! Your honour... I. Rest. My. Case. Thankyou very much, but I'm sticking only to animal photos from now on.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
While I admit that the on set photo of Starfire is dreadful, it?s just that. An on set photo. Can we at least wait until we see the characters in action before dropping judgement?

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
this is just typical white washing. white actors stealing the jobs of green and gray actors in modern Hollywood. so typical.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
I don't mind the way the costumes for Titans look.

I like both the animation and these photos.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Oh no

A tv show with a tv show budget can't make movie quality costumes and cgi

The nerve of them
Daredevil and the Flash would like to have a word with you.

let's be honest here, you're comparing shows that have had multiple seasons and increased budgets with leaked paparazzi footage

stop being dishonest with your comparisons.

I like the costumes to all three of these shows and yeah, I agree with you.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Comic Sans said:
While I admit that the on set photo of Starfire is dreadful, it?s just that. An on set photo. Can we at least wait until we see the characters in action before dropping judgement?
No. Because at this time that's all we have so people are going to react to what we have.

When they reveal something else then folk can change their opinion. For now this is what is being presented - and it looks terrible.

Or is the proper costume tucked into a tea kettle orbiting the sun?

Starfire was always going to be a controversial character due to her in-your-face sexuality, but this version just looks trashy.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Is this faked? Or did they really cast an African-American woman as a 'modern' wig-wearing interpretation of Starfire, the alien?

Keep in mind I have no problem with her skin color, but she looks like a completely different character. Like they didn't even bother trying to get a starfire actress and just made something up on the spot.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Honestly, ethical slut comic version starfire has always been trashy

She just black now. So...ya know.
I don't know, even if she was white, asian, or middle-eastern, that wig and that dress... ugh. Maybe they can mitigate the effect with framing and lighting, but that'd better be some top notch lighting.

OT. When it comes to superheroes, animation generally does a better job at portraying larger than life individuals performing incredible feats. But this isn't the proof of that though. This is merely proof of a really cheap looking superhero show.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Silentpony said:
Is this faked? Or did they really cast an African-American woman as a 'modern' wig-wearing interpretation of Starfire, the alien?

Keep in mind I have no problem with her skin color, but she looks like a completely different character. Like they didn't even bother trying to get a starfire actress and just made something up on the spot.
Word around the campfire is that her orange skin will be done via colour correction in post.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gordon_4 said:
Silentpony said:

Word around the campfire is that her orange skin will be done via colour correction in post.
AH! Okay, that works for me. I was worried they weren't even trying to get her orange skin, but if its done in post that I'm fine with.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
This is RANT mind you so bear with me.
At this point I feel that being annoyed about a DC live action adaptation being off is like expecting McDonalds to serve a good lobster bisque. I mean it's technically something that could happen within the laws of physics and chemistry, but it's hardly a likely outcome.

Also, set spy shot, probably not entirely representative of the actual look of characters once filmed. At least I hope not.