And thus concludes Game of Thrones season 6.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
And let me tell you I hope the last season will be the final season, but realistically there will be 2 more seasons I mean heck this season and the other 2 would be deemed the final trilogy. So episode finale:

King's Landing arc:

Cersei's plan succeed. She found a stash of Wildfire underneath the Sept and blew up everyone inside of it, the Faith and High Sparrow, even Margeary, Loras, King Tyrell, even her Uncle Kevan. She had Maester Pycelle killed aswell on orders of Qyburn's "children"

Tomman stay in his room to witness the explosion and in his mind he is all like, "You know what, fuck this shit" and kills himself by jumping out the window. Now Cersei is crowned Queen of Westeros. Long live Mad Queen Cersei, Jaime arrives and witnessed Cersei's crowning, but what will become of the 2 right now, does Jaime still loves Cersei even though she is clearly insane?

Dorne arc:

Olenna Tyrell is in Dorne and of course she heard what happens and now she does not care, but the but the new government of Dorne and with help of Varys convinced Olenna to join with Dorne to war with the Lannisters now rulers of the Seven Kingdoms

Northern Kingdoms arc:

Jon is now King of the North, Arya finally arrives at Westeros and kills Walder Frey by using her Faceless men training and slicing his neck like how it was for her Mother and Melisandre is spared but is banished to head south. Littlefinger imo is clearly setting up conflict between Jon and Sansa. Littlefinger pretty much reveals his dreams of ruling on the Iron Throne with Sansa at his side,Sansa turns him down but of course Petyr quips about Jon and when every Northern noble cheers for Jon now King Sansa looks at Littlefinger. Would Sansa go as far as to challenge her own kin? Or maybe she will find out that Littlefinger is responsible for Ned Stark's death

Bran's arc:

R+L=J COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONFIRMED!!!!

Dany's arc:

She finally has the ships, the solider, and the Dragons, now she sails to Westeros and let me tell ya Dany its gonna be very interesting dealing with the factions.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
That was probably the best episode of Game of Thrones since the shows inception. It was fantastic in every way. The camera work was perfect, the score set just the right mood, and my oh my a shit ton of main characters bit the dust.

Now lets just all look forward to Jon and Dany shacking up. She alluded to marriage alliances and the North is the only possible place that could require a marriage alliance. Dorne and Tyrell are already in her pocket, Lannister and Baratheon aren't happening, House Tully is done, and Varys will never let her marry Littlefinger. A marriage with Jon is the most logical move both politically and plotwise.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
That intro was haunting. I loved the finale, but I feel special mention needs to be given to the composer of that score. GoT has always had a pretty good soundtrack, but this was on another level.

Anyway, my only gripe with the episode is that it had almost too much in the way of payoffs, of both the awesome and heartwrenching varieties. I feel like I barely had time to savor one when suddenly here's yet another! Also (and this has always been something of an oddity on the show), there was a whole lot of characters getting across the map in record time. Varys made it to and from Westeros in two episodes! However, seeing as my only complaints are nitpicking and too much of a good thing, I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite episodes of the show so far. It felt like a different show when compared to the majority of season.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
As someone who was rather lukewarm to most of the season, I was surprised by how much I actually liked this episode. It felt like they were Martin moments and not show moments. I was GIDDY when I saw what happened to Jon.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
RedDeadFred said:
That intro was haunting. I loved the finale, but I feel special mention needs to be given to the composer of that score. GoT has always had a pretty good soundtrack, but this was on another level.

Anyway, my only gripe with the episode is that it had almost too much in the way of payoffs, of both the awesome and heartwrenching varieties. I feel like I barely had time to savor one when suddenly here's yet another! Also (and this has always been something of an oddity on the show), there was a whole lot of characters getting across the map in record time. Varys made it to and from Westeros in two episodes! However, seeing as my only complaints are nitpicking and too much of a good thing, I can honestly say that this is one of my favourite episodes of the show so far. It felt like a different show when compared to the majority of season.
I think its because we've gone beyond the books. Instead of adapting a novel we are now seeing a story crafted specifically for television. It changes the pace a lot.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
RedDeadFred said:
there was a whole lot of characters getting across the map in record time. Varys made it to and from Westeros in two episodes!
Yeah I had to explain this to my wife how many weeks or months must happen between some scenes. Like Littlefinger arriving from the Vale to Molestown must have taken weeks-months even with the fastest ship and regular changes of horse. To have a 5 minute conversation and slink off.

But it means things like Bran and Arya's training must have been going for much longer than it appears. Which makes sense why their abilities improve so rapidly.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I was also getting pretty weirded out by how quickly everyone was traveling this season. Felt like the pace was vastly sped up from previous seasons, which was noticeable enough to throw me off but was an improvement. Overall one of the best episodes so far.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Shock and Awe said:
That was probably the best episode of Game of Thrones since the shows inception. It was fantastic in every way. The camera work was perfect, the score set just the right mood, and my oh my a shit ton of main characters bit the dust.

Now lets just all look forward to Jon and Dany shacking up. She alluded to marriage alliances and the North is the only possible place that could require a marriage alliance. Dorne and Tyrell are already in her pocket, Lannister and Baratheon aren't happening, House Tully is done, and Varys will never let her marry Littlefinger. A marriage with Jon is the most logical move both politically and plotwise.
I was dissipointed at the lack of White Walkers, they could have made one final appearence in the finale to remind us that they are coming.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I must say I'm supremely disappointed that Varys is officially nerfed in the show. I do get that the plotline about a certain young ''griff'' being apted out but Varys could still have his very baddass scene in the service of Deanarys. Instead its Cersei and Quebern who get to steal Varys' grand moment.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hades said:
I must say I'm supremely disappointed that Varys is officially nerfed in the show. I do get that the plotline about a certain young ''griff'' being apted out but Varys could still have his very baddass scene in the service of Deanarys. Instead its Cersei and Quebern who get to steal Varys' grand moment.
What was the grand moment you are talking about?

spacemutant IV

Feb 25, 2012
I'll mention the score to the intro again, it was exellent. It was quite different, but its effect reminded me of those few haunting notes right at the beginning of Terminator 2.

Resolution to the Kings Landing storyline was satisfying, and I don't even think Cersei is insane. Not necessarily. The situation as a whole was insane.

I too was confused by how fast people and words travel in westeros. Clearly unrealistic, clearly done because they just didn't have much time left to deal with these issues. With how slow some of the earler episodes this year have been, some of what happened now should probably have happened sooner. How quickly did Olenna Tyrell get word of what happened in Kings Landing, and how quickly did she travel to Dorne to agree on fighting the Lannisters, even before Cersei was crowned queen, which probably happened soon after? How quickly did Varys travel to Dorne and then back to Mereen, only to travel back to Westeros again? He could have just stayed there. Why is Brienne the only one who needs more than a cut away to reach her destination?

It's all good entertainment of course, but this episode I felt just wasn't up there with the best. The thing about GoT is that it's a fantasy setting, but the actions and fates of the people therein are determined by political realities, intrigues, and a world that is generally bigger than the audience's narrow focus on their favorite characters. With how neatly everything got resolved, with how quickly words and people traveled to be ready and in place for next season, it felt that the realism of the plotlines got shuffled a bit to match the fantasy setting.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Samtemdo8 said:
Hades said:
What was the grand moment you are talking about?
Varys
using his little birds and a crossbow to kill Pycelle and Kevan ''for the children''to cause the chaos needed for a Targarean return

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I just want to know why Varys was suddenly on the ship on the end without any single mention y'know?

One minute he's in Dorne and the next time we see him he's on the ship like "U wot m8? I was here all along".

Other than that, fucking fantastic episode.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Besides the King in the North bit[footnote]Lady Mormont remains the best thing to come out of Season 6 though[/footnote] and the mass distribution of jet packs it was a brilliant episode and has left me really hopeful for Season 7. I was damn near cheering when Cersei enacted her plan early on. Easily the best episode in this season, and one of the best since the first three seasons.

Apr 17, 2009
anthony87 said:
I just want to know why Varys was suddenly on the ship on the end without any single mention y'know?

One minute he's in Dorne and the next time we see him he's on the ship like "U wot m8? I was here all along".

Other than that, fucking fantastic episode.
Yeah, I saw him in the crew and first thought was "how and when the hell did you get here?"
He didn't even say or do anything, what was the point having him on board?

I would also like to give big props to whoever did the music (is it still Djawadi or did he just do the intro?) since it was doing as much scene setting as the actors this week, all through the episode. The score for the King's Landing scenes was haunting

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Shock and Awe said:

Except that they are 1st cousins, so they would run close to the same issue that Jamie and Cerce have, that whole incest thing. Yeah it was common in those days to some degree in the royalty, but the show makes it pretty clear that most of their society frowns on such couplings. And I doubt they're going to do that with the show, given the modern day squikyness about incest. Though I guess they could go the whole "marriage of politics and no mating" route, but most of those political marriages are sealed by a mingling of bloodlines.

On the finale, I just really didn't care too much personally. It felt too much like the show devs are just shaving off plot threads so they can streamline the story, so they remove a ton of characters in one fell swoop. All I'm left asking is "Well what was the damn point of all of their plotlines then?" It just felt like wasted screen time for something that is ultimately irrelevant.

I mean, on one hand, I'm kind of impressed they went there, but it ends up just making me think that a lot of the last 2 seasons of plot and intrigue was essentially filler, because they couldn't come up with a plot thread to work with that would stay.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My only complain that it felt kinda rush per say and yes I know it was the last episode so they had to wrap it up! I mean Varys was om Vale in one scene and the next was on the Queen ship! Same with Olenna in Dorne since doesn't it take days or weeks to get there?

As for the High Sparrow, I can't help to think of "where is your god now?" when it was ignited! Speaking of the fire, I am pretty certain that kid who cripple Lancel was also burned to a crisp given to how explosive the fire was! Also danm, I thought Arya couldn't get more brutal when she slice Waif face off but by feeding him with his sons? Also I thought her assassin days would be over (who she got left to assassinate now? Cersei?). Did she pack some spared faces or she can make her own now?

Also Cersei reign is going to be shortlived due to the start of Daenerys conquest! I mean Daenerys got-
3 grown dragons
Unsullied
The entire Dothraki
House Drone and maybe Tyrell? I assume they joined cos Varys was on the ship meaning it was a sucess?

What does Lannister got? House Fery, who can't even retake their castle without their help and they are with leader at the moment!

Also while I hoped Jon can defeat the White Walkers but a part of me want him to fail abit as in the White Walker breach or bypass the wall. That way Westoros will know their ture enemy and get their thumb out of their arses and those long forgotten stories were real!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
My only complain that it felt kinda rush per say and yes I know it was the last episode so they had to wrap it up! I mean Varys was om Vale in one scene and the next was on the Queen ship! Same with Olenna in Dorne since doesn't it take days or weeks to get there?
Pretty sure they were just fast forwarding the time and letting the unspoken "And several weeks of uneventful travel happens between these scenes" explain the transition.

Scarim Coral said:
As for the High Sparrow, I can't help to think of "where is your god now?" when it was ignited! Speaking of the fire, I am pretty certain that kid who cripple Lancel was also burned to a crisp given to how explosive the fire was!
Possible, though the explosion seemed to be roughly 2-3 city blocks, given what we see, and a young, healthy kid that is apparently pretty damn fast could run that quick, given how much time we are shown takes place between when he runs away and when it explodes. I mean that monk guy had to drag himself what, 100 yards to get to the candles after the kid shanked him? That wasn't a quick crawl, so the kid had a decent amount of time to run. But either way, it's not like Cerce would give a shit if a street urchin died. And her Maester doesn't care much about life itself either, other than to experiment on it.

Scarim Coral said:
Also danm, I thought Arya couldn't get more brutal when she slice Waif face off but by feeding him with his sons? Also I thought her assassin days would be over (who she got left to assassinate now? Cersei?). Did she pack some spared faces or she can make her own now?
She's got many people on her list to kill. She kept eyeballing Jamie during that feast, so I'm sure she's got him in her sights for his involvement in her families problems. As to her being done being an assassin, no way. You don't spend an entire character arc training someone up as a skilled assassin, and then not use them (assuming you don't just blow the character up). She's going to be the silent blade who is going to take out some of the more entrenched enemies, that would likely only be taken out with open war, and they just don't have the time/budget to do two wars. They're clearly ramping up for the undead war in the north, to also try and film a second war in the southern lands? Nah, I just don't see it happening, at least not in the same season. So Arya will probably go around offing the major political figures that have vexxed her for years.

Scarim Coral said:
Also Cersei reign is going to be shortlived due to the start of Daenerys conquest! I mean Daenerys got-
3 grown dragons
Unsullied
The entire Dothraki
House Drone and maybe Tyrell? I assume they joined cos Varys was on the ship meaning it was a sucess?
I honestly think Dany's going to be redirected to the north, despite her drive to take the Iron Throne. And eventually, we'll have a peaceful re-crowning at the climax of the series, once the undead have been thwarted. I just don't see them actually fighting for that throne at this point. There are bigger stakes at play, stakes that really need a huge army, and fire breathing, magical dragons to deal with.

Scarim Coral said:
Also while I hoped Jon can defeat the White Walkers but a part of me want him to fail abit as in the White Walker breach or bypass the wall. That way Westoros will know their ture enemy and get their thumb out of their arses and those long forgotten stories were real!
Oh the wall will be breached, that's inevitable. But that doesn't mean that Jon has to fail for that to happen. They just have to be pushed back and back, which usually happens in zombie attack stories. Especially as winter moves further south, the front line will move with it.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The charcarter I so want to see develop in the next season is definately Jaime. He saw the sept burned to the ground. And obviously he will hear the news that his son Tommen and his Uncle Kevan being dead.

In that final shot of Cersei's coronation as Queen, the look on Jamie's face was not that of enthusiasm. I mean especially considering that her actions made Tommen kill himself and Jaime as we have seen clearly cared about him and quote, "HE HAS OUR SON (High Sparrow) HE STOLE OUR SON!!!"

And finnaly to see Tyrion at King's Landing again. Meeting his Brother and Sister again. Jaime harbours grudges against him for killing his father obviously. And Cersei still blames Tyrion for the murder of her son Joffery.