And you thought planking was stupid.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Just when planking seemed to die down, owling became all the rage. For those of you who don't know what owling is, it's when people go to the edge of something and pose like an owl, I know it's dumb as shit. Just when people thought we couldn't get anymore stupid, some jackass invents cone-ing. For those of you who don't know what cone-ing is, it's when you go to a fast food place, order and ice cream, and when they hand it to you, you grab it by the ice cream and not the cone. EX: AHAHAHA so funny and witty, my sides are splitting and my organs are spewing out the openings. This is why society is so dumb at times. *sigh* So have you ever seen somebody plank/owling/cone-ing IRL? If you did what was your reaction. Also what do you think of the whole planking/owling/cone-ing thing?

Edit: I also just think it's a waste of food, money, and time.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Coning is kinda funny, and quite Original, but Planking is just retarded, and crap.

The best thing to do in public however, will always be Parkour. None of these can ever match that.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh...planking I could almost kinda see the point of...but cone-ing?

Also, Ellen Page apparently is a fan of planking. My views on the quality of X-Men3 are now in line with the rest of society.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
novixz said:
El Poncho said:
Pfft, Sneaky Nuts is where it's at:

Video blocked in my country, please explain.
It's from an Australian show called Angry Boys, one set of characters are the twins Nathan and Daniel, Nathan used to stick his fingers up in photos, but now he's moved onto something else, sneaking one or two of his nuts out during a photo without his parents noticing.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Well in all fairness at 1:45 he shows us how dumb he is. "I don't have a dime...oh wait which one is five cents?"

If I ever saw someone doing this I could only hope to have my camera and hope beyond all hopes that some mentally challenged person walks by and sees him/her do it and says something akin to "Man he's retarded." That my friends would make not just my day but my life if I saw and got that on camera...I could die happy.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Wow he stole my idea, I was doing that when I was three years old.

And before others come up I would just like to mention I also invented mud-ing, puddle-ing, twig-ing, sand-ing, tree-ing, lego-ing and many many more things.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
El Poncho said:
novixz said:
El Poncho said:
Pfft, Sneaky Nuts is where it's at:

Video blocked in my country, please explain.
It's from an Australian show called Angry Boys, one set of characters are the twins Nathan and Daniel, Nathan used to stick his fingers up in photos, but now he's moved onto something else, sneaking one or two of his nuts out during a photo without his parents noticing.
Okay now people are just trying to see what they can get away with.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
novixz said:
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
I actually laughed, and many of the vendors seemed to laugh or at least be slightly amused by the oddness. It's a completely dumb thing to do, but kinda funny the first time you see it, and I'm sure none of the fast food workers had their days ruined by it.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Mr.K. said:
Wow he stole my idea, I was doing that when I was three years old.

And before others come up I would just like to mention I also invented mud-ing, puddle-ing, twig-ing, sand-ing, tree-ing, lego-ing and many many more things.
Unless you were the first person alive, you didn't invent any of that, just re-discovered. Like everybody else. But, like you, most of us only do these things until a certain age.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Thanks, this thread can now be used as a case in point answer to all the "Why does the rest of the world think Americans are idiots" threads :p