Dec 22, 2010
I knew about this...

Then Justin Bieber did it.

He killed it. Completely.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
novixz said:
Vrach said:
Thanks, this thread can now be used as a case in point answer to all the "Why does the rest of the world think Americans are idiots" threads :p
What the hell is wrong with you? Just because America came up with it, the country is automatically labeled as dumb? I'm sure when you were a kid, you followed some stupid trends or did some stupid shit. What world are you living in where an entire country is dumb because one person did something stupid? Their is bound to be somebody you know who does stupid things in your country and you don't think less of your country for it, yet you come over here and attack America because just a few people do it. Get off your high-fucking horse and stop thinking less of people you hardly know.
Might want to read my post again. And pay special attention to the "think" part of my quote as well as it being a response to a thread (possibly a humourous one?).

Not that I'm saying I think much of the Americans. But there are other reasons for that than videos like this (not that they're not adding to my impression mind you). That said, there's a difference between thinking something of the people and thinking something of a person.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:
I knew about this...

Justin Bieber kills everything he touches, this going especially for the modern music industry.

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
novixz said:
I'm just saying it's going to get real old really fast. I know it brings them a bit of laughter in their day, but I'm sure after a while they'll want to smash in the smug teenagers face with a shovel for doing it.
Why do you care? Better question yet, why do you care enough to make a rant thread about it?

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
...How exactly are they stressing out other people?

No really, I want to know. After hearing that statement from you the fact that you have a pony as your avatar smacks of irony.

You might be noticing an increasingly hostile slant to my posts but its becoming obvious that you are just bitching because you can, and sour because other people are having fun while you are not. You have no real point and no reason to take issue with this.
Because it's going to get really annoying really fast, it's going to be repeated to the point of exhaustion. Imagine that you wait tables, the first time you here "Hi I'm X and I'll be your customer today" it's pretty funny right? No fast forward 7 mothers and hearing that everyday, and you're just about ready to snap.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Vrach said:
Thanks, this thread can now be used as a case in point answer to all the "Why does the rest of the world think Americans are idiots" threads :p
Nah, got it backwards mate. I know that is the common opinion, but Americans in general aren't stupid. People in general are stupid.

OT: This is the first I've heard about cone-ing, but I can't say it bothers me. If a number of morons wants to spend money, then ruin what they just bought without getting any use out of it, that's fine with me.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Coning is old also awesome, I at least get some laughs out of it. Though I did not see it happen I did see a video of one of my friends doing that.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
DJ_DEnM said:
I knew about this...

Never thought I would ever say this... But in this case, thank God for Justin Bieber.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
First time Ive heard of it myself... I have this strange feeling in one restaurant in one town they're not going to have a "rise of cone-ing" anytime soon... Oo Oh dear how much stress it has on me watching these people grab food incorrectly, what will I do? Thank god for that work hotline or else I might just quit my job, pull out all my hair and jump on counters. Phew~

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
That was pretty stupid however I thought it was funny when one of the guys working at McDonalds with-held the icecream for a moment and said "don't throw the icecream at me."

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.

No really, I want to know. After hearing that statement from you the fact that you have a pony as your avatar smacks of irony.

You might be noticing an increasingly hostile slant to my posts but its becoming obvious that you are just bitching because you can, and sour because other people are having fun while you are not. You have no real point and no reason to take issue with this.
Because it's going to get really annoying really fast, it's going to be repeated to the point of exhaustion. Imagine that you wait tables, the first time you here "Hi I'm X and I'll be your customer today" it's pretty funny right? No fast forward 7 mothers and hearing that everyday, and you're just about ready to snap.
Well, unfortunately, humanity is going to have to deal with it. Quit your whining, there are always annoying people no matter where you go or what job you have.

"Oh my god, yesterday at work I had this customer and he was really annoying!"
"So?"
"Well when I woke up this morning I had leprosy!"

It doesnt. Fucking. Happen. Be annoyed, offended, nothing fucking happens, you probably annoy the fuck out of some person you see every day too.
Yeah but I'm annoyed to the point where I think about if I could kill somebody and get away with it.

"Cut off the limbs."
"burn the left overs."
"into the river it goes"

I am annoyed, but I don't need to be annoyed day in and day out. I do annoy some people, but I know when to stop. The general public doesn't.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:

Well, unfortunately, humanity is going to have to deal with it. Quit your whining, there are always annoying people no matter where you go or what job you have.

"So?"

It doesnt. Fucking. Happen. Be annoyed, offended, nothing fucking happens, you probably annoy the fuck out of some person you see every day too.
Yeah but I'm annoyed to the point where I think about if I could kill somebody and get away with it.

"Cut off the limbs."
"burn the left overs."
"into the river it goes"

I am annoyed, but I don't need to be annoyed day in and day out. I do annoy some people, but I know when to stop. The general public doesn't.
Wow dude... if this is your biggest stress-or you have NO problems in life. Oo Do you even WORK?! There are SO many other bigger annoyances in life than this. And the fact you state you would want someone murdered...

Jeez. Dont piss of the pony. Oo

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I think planking and coneing are hilarious to see, but i guess thats just me.

Sep 14, 2009
novixz said:
novixz said:
wait..how are they annoying people who are already stressed?

i has confuse..

OT:

I don't really care, i once saw a guy planking on the roof of this tiny ass smart car while it was goin like 25 mph down the street, just randomly, so i gave that a slight "hah." but besides that most of these are pretty dumb, sure, but they don't bother me one bit so i just "don't care" in the end really.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
SaetonChapelle said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:

"So?"

"Cut off the limbs."
"burn the left overs."
"into the river it goes"

Wow dude... if this is your biggest stress-or you have NO problems in life. Oo Do you even WORK?! There are SO many other bigger annoyances in life than this. And the fact you state you would want someone murdered...

Jeez. Dont piss of the pony. Oo
No, I'm just full of rage. I'm not a nice person, I don't try to be a nice person.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
novixz said:
No, I'm just full of rage. I'm not a nice person, I don't try to be a nice person.
Your face is a nice person.

Okay yes, I could probably work on that a bit.

Anyway, I'm guilty of all kinds of routine daftness, but I admit, I don't crib my ideas off the internet. I'm also not terribly funny, but if I'm going to act like an idiot, I will do so in MY way.

I need to find better things to take pride in.