And you thought planking was stupid.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
The one video I saw of coning where the lady working the drive thru and he proceeded to stick his fingers in the cone and use the ice-cream as warpaint was actually rather funny.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Cheeseman Muncher said:
novixz said:
Cheeseman Muncher said:
Though, to be fair, I have seen worse.
Such as? 0.o
A guy being hoofed in the spuds about 50 times in a row. =/ That was probably the stupidest thing I've seen. Followed closely by folk trying and failing at running up walls.
Wow. That's...wow. Is the average IQ of the people around you around the 40 mark?

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
I must try this cone-ing thing. What a genius idea. Then look at the shopkeep in the most serious manner possible...Yeah..I'm stupid. I know.

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
I must try this cone-ing thing. What a genius idea. Then look at the shopkeep in the most serious manner possible...Yeah..I'm stupid. I know.
I think i'm going to cone so i can lick the sweet tears off of novixz's face as he watches society as he knows it crumble before his very eyes. Then i'll plank over his broken dreams, memories and experiences that he as accumiliated over his long fifteen years on this planet, as his vagina swells even bigger.

Fade to black.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
SenseOfTumour said:
Yeah, its fairly harmless, no-one's getting hurt, and if he actually thought of it, he's sure as hell got the right to do it, and most of the staff just thought 'woo, it's a nutter' (tho the one that assumed he was gonna throw it shows how these people can be treated).

The only mild problem is if it becomes a genuine internet craze it'll stop being remotely amusing as thousands of people buy ice creams every day to do that. Course, it's still harmless and McD's will rake in a few thousand bucks a day extra.

The ideal thing would be if the staff knew about it and just flatly didn't react, the moment there's no reaction people would quit it.
Quick! we must stop these Coners, It's sly capitalism! hehe.

I do agree with you, it's harmless, and it's just a bit of fun. Not everything in life needs to be super serious all the time. That's how most people stay calm in such a socially demanding world as this by doing silly things such as coning, so fair play to them.

Planking however has actually caused fatalities in the past, and depending where you are (such as planking on a rooftop for example), you can be putting your life at risk, and that is never a good thing.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I thought it was funny when I first saw it happen. Like all funny ideas though, they don't seem so great once everyone else copies them. I'm sure the first demotivational was funny. Oh, maybe not.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Reminds me of something my friends and I did when another one of our friends worked the McDonalds drive thru. We would order a Mcflurry, but garble what type we wanted. He knew it was us and what kind we normally would get, so he'd assume that one was the type we wanted. When we got our Mcflurry, we looked at it a bit, yelled "You McFUCKED up!" at him, and threw the Mcflurry at his face just before driving away. Ahh, good times...

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
novixz said:
Just when planking seemed to die down, owling became all the rage. For those of you who don't know what owling is, it's when people go to the edge of something and pose like an owl, I know it's dumb as shit. Just when people thought we couldn't get anymore stupid, some jackass invents cone-ing. For those of you who don't know what cone-ing is, it's when you go to a fast food place, order and ice cream, and when they hand it to you, you grab it by the ice cream and not the cone. EX: AHAHAHA so funny and witty, my sides are splitting and my organs are spewing out the openings. This is why society is so dumb at times. *sigh* So have you ever seen somebody plank/owling/cone-ing IRL? If you did what was your reaction. Also what do you think of the whole planking/owling/cone-ing thing?

Edit: I also just think it's a waste of food, money, and time.
Way to spread it's popularity jackass.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
I'm with you on this one Smash. It's fun for fun's sake, no harm is being done.

Hell, my friends and I marched around with a giant poster of Brad Pitt at a paintball game just to lighten the mood.

OP: Lighten up man. The world doesn't have to be serious all the time.

Howlingwolf214

Dec 28, 2008
TwoTribes Games invented a new thing as well, to promote their new game 'EDGE'. S'called Edging.

It involves hanging on to the edge of a surface for as long as possible without falling.

Totally safe.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Sober Thal said:
I saw this guy first, (weeks ago) and I like his video better for some reason.

I think this video is funny, so that makes it worth wild and not just something (completely) stupid.
That video is a bit more funny than the OP.

Also, why wasn't I surprised when he said "NEW JERSSEEEEY". Planking was dumb as hell. It literally was NOTHING. Just trying to look like a dumb idiot.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
novixz said:
Snip to all
Look, I really think that you should get some counseling. If anything, go talk with your school counselor, or a pastor or priest.

Your behavior is very destructive, and eventually fantasizing won't cut it anymore - you'll have to act. You NEED to be treated before you hurt someone.

If you don't get help you'll wind up dead or in prison. I don't want that to happen to you.

Seriously.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Me and my friends tried cone-ing once. But as soon as we got to the window the guy said: "I already called the cops." As soon as we pulled up! We could have still been ordering ice cream for all he knew. But it was whaling days, alot of kids were probably doing it and then they see another car full of teenagers pulling up, etc.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Abedeus said:
Sober Thal said:
I saw this guy first, (weeks ago) and I like his video better for some reason.

I think this video is funny, so that makes it worth wild and not just something (completely) stupid.
That video is a bit more funny than the OP.

Also, why wasn't I surprised when he said "NEW JERSSEEEEY". Planking was dumb as hell. It literally was NOTHING. Just trying to look like a dumb idiot.
I agree, the guy isn't a douche either. I think he was the one who invented it, but i'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I do think everyone should check this vid out, instead of the OP's vid.