And you thought planking was stupid.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
novixz said:
Just when planking seemed to die down, owling became all the rage. For those of you who don't know what owling is, it's when people go to the edge of something and pose like an owl, I know it's dumb as shit. Just when people thought we couldn't get anymore stupid, some jackass invents cone-ing. For those of you who don't know what cone-ing is, it's when you go to a fast food place, order and ice cream, and when they hand it to you, you grab it by the ice cream and not the cone. EX: AHAHAHA so funny and witty, my sides are splitting and my organs are spewing out the openings. This is why society is so dumb at times. *sigh* So have you ever seen somebody plank/owling/cone-ing IRL? If you did what was your reaction. Also what do you think of the whole planking/owling/cone-ing thing?

Edit: I also just think it's a waste of food, money, and time.
The guy's a douchebag, the joke's not funny, and the only thing that amuses me about owling, planking or whatever-the-fuck-is-the-HAHA-internet-fad-this-week, is how oblivious the people doing it are to the fact that they simply looks like morons.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
novixz said:
El Poncho said:
Pfft, Sneaky Nuts is where it's at:

Video blocked in my country, please explain.
your basically standing in the back of a picture and get your balls out. but its a sketch. nobody does it.

yet.

OT: i didnt mind planking, you can do it in interesting places. but how do you sit like an owl?

Darksteel Mike

Mar 23, 2011
No, cone-ing doesn't hurt anyone and they are only doing it at their own pocket change expense, but I still have a problem with these numbskulls: The fact that they toot their own skinflute so hard on this, labelling it (and planking) an EXTREEEEME (hello, 90's) sport and posting "epic" coneing videos every****ingwhere like it'll get them an acting career. Doing randumb **** isn't that fucking noteworthy; if it was, let's just cut out the middleman and actually organize "Upper-class Twit of the Year" already.

Edited for people who think words can hurt you.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
novixz said:
Just when planking seemed to die down, owling became all the rage. For those of you who don't know what owling is, it's when people go to the edge of something and pose like an owl, I know it's dumb as shit. Just when people thought we couldn't get anymore stupid, some jackass invents cone-ing. For those of you who don't know what cone-ing is, it's when you go to a fast food place, order and ice cream, and when they hand it to you, you grab it by the ice cream and not the cone. EX: AHAHAHA so funny and witty, my sides are splitting and my organs are spewing out the openings. This is why society is so dumb at times. *sigh* So have you ever seen somebody plank/owling/cone-ing IRL? If you did what was your reaction. Also what do you think of the whole planking/owling/cone-ing thing?

How dare they have fun?! Why aren't they listening to me?! Stop ignoring me! Stop having fun I say!

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Well, to be fair, at least it's a completely harmless way of humiliating yourself for the internet to laugh and scorn at, and in all fairness, anything that is both that random and inspires those puzzled looks in the faces of the "victims" deserves both my respect and my lulz.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
novixz said:

Like all wannabe crap its pretty pathetic. OC is the only true king.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
...How exactly are they stressing out other people?

No really, I want to know. After hearing that statement from you the fact that you have a pony as your avatar smacks of irony.

You might be noticing an increasingly hostile slant to my posts but its becoming obvious that you are just bitching because you can, and sour because other people are having fun while you are not. You have no real point and no reason to take issue with this.
Because it's going to get really annoying really fast, it's going to be repeated to the point of exhaustion. Imagine that you wait tables, the first time you here "Hi I'm X and I'll be your customer today" it's pretty funny right? No fast forward 7 mothers and hearing that everyday, and you're just about ready to snap.
Well, unfortunately, humanity is going to have to deal with it. Quit your whining, there are always annoying people no matter where you go or what job you have.

"Oh my god, yesterday at work I had this customer and he was really annoying!"
"So?"
"Well when I woke up this morning I had leprosy!"

It doesnt. Fucking. Happen. Be annoyed, offended, nothing fucking happens, you probably annoy the fuck out of some person you see every day too.
Just want you to know, I think you're awesome. Just putting that out there.

Really, I can't see why a few people intentionally weirding people out for shits and giggles is a problem. If you take issue with this, then you're probably just looking for stuff to whine about.

And I agree, the pony is pretty ironic, given that the whole point of being an adult who watches MLP:FiM is doing something fun despite how stupid other people think it is.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Arkhangelsk said:
I think we should stop with this madness and focus on the more important things...BATMANNING.

That is just great. If all those plankers really wanted to impress me, they'd learn how to Batman.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
People do stupid shit. I just cannot understand why kids my age (13-14) have sex now, or even younger. I knew a lesbian that got herself knocked up at 11, and never seemed to regret it. But nothing we can do. Let them do their stupid shit. It's not like it affects us.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
CrazyBerk said:
I must try this cone-ing thing. What a genius idea. Then look at the shopkeep in the most serious manner possible...Yeah..I'm stupid. I know.
I think i'm going to cone so i can lick the sweet tears off of novixz's face as he watches society as he knows it crumble before his very eyes. Then i'll plank over his broken dreams, memories and experiences that he as accumiliated over his long fifteen years on this planet, as his vagina swells even bigger.

Fade to black.
Ooh, ooh, that sounds like fun! Can I do that too?

Oh, and OP?

Thank you.

standokan

May 28, 2009
sravankb said:
standokan said:
I think this is better, planking actually killed a person no way coning will.
Planking never killed anyone. The stupid people killed themselves. That's like saying video games killed that one Chinese kid who played WoW all day long.
PS. That last statement is aimed at everyone in general, not standokan.
Sigh ok I'll reformulate, stupid people will be less likely to die coning than they would planking.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
This really, really is stupid and not even funny..

OT: Bieber everywhere! noooo!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Iwata said:
novixz said:

The guy's a douchebag, the joke's not funny, and the only thing that amuses me about owling, planking or whatever-the-fuck-is-the-HAHA-internet-fad-this-week, is how oblivious the people doing it are to the fact that they simply looks like morons.
Isn't that the whole point.

I think the world needs more of this offbeat strange stuff. It Breaks up the monotony of everyday life, and gives everyone a chuckle or two.

I mean, the world can't be serious all the time.

Also, check out the other vid in this thread, it's much better than...that one.

Dr Snakeman said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
novixz said:
While I really cant see the appeal or humor in this cone-ning (?) thing, your THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY AND THE WORLD! reaction is just as puzzling.
I just tend to be cynical. It's just the fact that people can come up with something this stupid that makes me want to cut myself off from the outside world.
Yeah, but without wanting to get insulting, your cynical attitude seems to go way beyond reason. Are they doing something stupid? Yes. Are they harming anybody? No. Theyre not even harming themselves, which is usually the case with these trends. So why do you give a fuck?
It's stupid as shit, they spend money just to annoy the hell out of people who are already stressed. Sure they aren't hurting themselves but that's not a good excuse when it comes to trends.
...How exactly are they stressing out other people?

No really, I want to know. After hearing that statement from you the fact that you have a pony as your avatar smacks of irony.

You might be noticing an increasingly hostile slant to my posts but its becoming obvious that you are just bitching because you can, and sour because other people are having fun while you are not. You have no real point and no reason to take issue with this.
Because it's going to get really annoying really fast, it's going to be repeated to the point of exhaustion. Imagine that you wait tables, the first time you here "Hi I'm X and I'll be your customer today" it's pretty funny right? No fast forward 7 mothers and hearing that everyday, and you're just about ready to snap.
Well, unfortunately, humanity is going to have to deal with it. Quit your whining, there are always annoying people no matter where you go or what job you have.

"Oh my god, yesterday at work I had this customer and he was really annoying!"
"So?"
"Well when I woke up this morning I had leprosy!"

It doesnt. Fucking. Happen. Be annoyed, offended, nothing fucking happens, you probably annoy the fuck out of some person you see every day too.
Just want you to know, I think you're awesome. Just putting that out there.

Really, I can't see why a few people intentionally weirding people out for shits and giggles is a problem. If you take issue with this, then you're probably just looking for stuff to whine about.

And I agree, the pony is pretty ironic, given that the whole point of being an adult who watches MLP:FiM is doing something fun despite how stupid other people think it is.
That Pony thing is so, so right.

In society, most people look down on an Adult Male who likes cartoon's aimed for little Girls, yet the fans still like it regardless. It's a case of double standards, and the people who like the show, who are complaining about this, are being extremely ironic indeed.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
It's a fad, of course it's going to be dumb. Most fads are dumb. Planking, cone-ing, owling, and all those things are fun to do and look at. I think the only thing that's a bigger waste of time than doing those things is complaining about people who do those things.