Angry Birds Possibly Flapping From iPhone to Movie Theaters

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Egg stealing pigs and birds going in for a rescue mission. Yeah I can see it. Not going to be hard giving the birds and pigs names and personalities.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
DarkPanda XIII said:
Sad part is that it is a bad enough idea as the time when they have, and are still making the movie that was roughly made from the board game 'Battleship'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_%28film%29

Despite what parts of the wikipedia page says, yes, it was originally invented off of the board game.
I thought Das Boot was generally thought of as a decent movie about naval combat, myself.

As for the topic, I see no reason this can't work, the game has nothing to go on except a picture of a cute bird, except that maybe, hey, it's 'snarky', and kids love that, right, and we're marketing this movie to the 'iphone generation, yeah, and so it's gotta be like pixar style animation, but in 3D, yeah, and have loads of references and in jokes, yeah and...

Sorry, yeah, I can see how this will be utterly awful now, the moment they let anyone in marketing touch it.

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
rofl! Me, ryan and... fuck.. whats his name? meh cant remember. anyway we play angry birds every monday lecture. It's amazing.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
blitz609 said:
This sounds about as awesome as Battleship: The Movie, which sounds incredibly lame.
Is that a real thing...because I would watch that...actually.

OT: whatever, don't have an iphone and I am pretty sick of CG movies to tell you the truth. I miss the days of cartooning and animation.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm going to be devil's advocate here and say, why not? (despite offering a virtually opposite opinion only a few posts back. Hey, people can change their mind, right?)

IF they can get good animators on board, and create a fun, engaging tale of pigs vs birds, and build some character for the main birds and pigs, and get some decent (not necessarily famous, but decent) voice actors in, there's zero reason it can't be , well, not a 'Toy Story', but a reasonably successful and enjoyable CGI movie.

Of course, it's more likely, they'll knock out a cheap cash in, get people like Dane Cook and Snooki to do voiceovers, and they'll have a soulless but profitable hit.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
god this sounds so stupid,

just more proof Hollywood is now run by morons

has anyone found out Moviebob's opinion on this