Angry Insults from Gamers

xeall

Feb 4, 2008
Best thing i have ever been called was when i beat a guy at DOA4 with ein. A 'mother F***ing double punching C***' I was proud

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Yeah, the tubes of the Internet are pretty clogged with antisocial raeg. [sic] I'm going to repeat my desperate plea to folks that they use the Player Review (smiley and frowny faces) and complaints system on Live to help cull some of that out; I know that the next Live multiplayer game I buy had better have a rapid mute option or I'll be disappointed.

As to the most epic insult EVAR (for me, anyway, that I can print) would have to be the time I played Halo 2 with some friends; I can't remember the gametype anymore, but it was on the social lists and on the Coagulation map. The other team wouldn't come out, so we got tired of playing zones and split up to take the game to them. I drove a Warthog with two other members of my party on gun and shotgun, rolled up to the enemy base, and just slaughtered 'em. They'd come out one or two at a time, spray at us with their SMGs for a while, and then get mowed down by gunfire or my tires. They made no attempt to get in their own 'Hog, or the Banshee that spawns inside their base, or man the turret on their base's roof, or throw a grenade, or even pick up stronger weapons.

In the post-game lobby we got treated to the longest string of cheating accusations for "not gettin' out of yer truck" delivered in the perfect "you might be a redneck" accent... and not by the kid, who just sounded embarrased by whole debacle, but by Ma and Pa. (Ma was the 'way dirtier cusser of those two.)

I had to mute my mic 'cause my laughter was getting overwhelming.

-- Steve

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
The best insults I've heard are actually from very good mates online. I've been accused of being a rabid rat that scuttles out of my den occasionally to bite ankles while screeching insanely, and I'm also known as a total coward, master of the "sissy ***** mode" (read - legging it and leaving all your mates to die). Which is quite true.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Haliwali said:
Spinwhiz said:
People say whatever they want because they aren't afraid of getting the shit completely kicked out of them. I was called all sorts of names the other night on XBOX Live the other night for no reason, just some young puke thinking he's cool. It even went to the point of wanting to "fight" me in real life LOL. I can guarantee if that kid was face to face with me, he wouldn't say a damn word for fear of his life being extinguished. I urge everyone (especially on XBOX Live) to keep reporting these people. At least their account gets banned and we don't have to listen to them for a while. OR, someone tell me how I can track these kids through my computer :)

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/reported_t_shirt.html
I offer another alternative, but one less practical; http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/lookup-ip

IP tracing. Generally accurate to within ten km or so.

Gyrfalconne

Feb 6, 2008
It's threads like these that make me sad I'm American. I'd really rather not be associated with the 13 year old boys who desperately need a good smackdown by their mysteriously absent parents.

As for insults, I had one notable fellow ask me what I was doing playing Halo 3 when my 'balls hadn't dropped yet'. I proceeded to inform him that that was a physical impossibility due to my gender. There seems to be a stigma that girls don't play videogames.

level_3_bananaman

Jan 16, 2008
im not offended by the abuse so much as the stupidity with which it is delivered. so some american 12 year old can say cockwad, whoopee for him (im yet to be insulted in this manner by girl). its impossible to reply to the verbal abuse from those of 'lesser intelligence' because they have such a hard time understanding my insults. i try to give a measured response to their constant squealing, and i put out a line of solid gold subtle insult-ness and they pause for a second, realise they have no hope of understanding my humour, and then proceed to berate me for being a "gay ******" (as opposed to the non-gay ******, which is a rare sight indeed). if i must be gay to be intelligent, so be it. better that being an utter arsehole to people i dont know

Dx2

Feb 2, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Besides, one of the greatest advantages of the internet is the way it erases cultural and geografical barriers. To hell with biogotism.
It also seems to erase grammar, punctuation and a need for proper spelling.
;P

Hm. I don't get called very many names online mostly because I tend to stray away from the crowds, but I've been called a NooB quite a few times through a lot of games. I have been told I talk too much though.
D:

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I'm gonna have to remember that German quote for SWBF. That's perfect! Little kids won't know what I'm saying and the occasional German player will have laughter erupt from their Berliner-holes! Hahaha!
Another quote I upon a lark once said to a German in-game was "Ich bein Ful!" (I am Drunk). For the rest of the battle he was unable to play. I suppose he was laughing.

Jan 14, 2008
if anyone has ever played Runescape, which im sure anyone who cared about gaming has at least once, high level (60-90) characters get really mad if u call them a noob. especially if your a lower level. they literally scream type at u. its funny

Robomanjr

Oct 25, 2007
I to often get jokes for being Canadian many of the jokes have been listed already. I find that there is a simple rule that these ignorant people follow Anonymity + Audience = Asshole.

ForkOnAStick

Nov 14, 2007
I get so much hostile stupidity tossed at me I can't even comprehend how peoples can be so...I don't even know what to say. Whenever I play one of two things happens to me: 1) If I play with my fellow Americans, they call me a fag European dickwad and I should go play on my own f**king sever with all the other s**tholes, even though it's clear I don't even have an accent or 2) If I play with Europeans they go tell me to choke on my fat/cheeseburger/cousin's penis and drown in my stupidity/ignorance. *Sigh* the worst part of it is, (as of now) it seems impossible to fight against ignorance, and ironically the only thing you can really do is ignore ignorance. That seems a little self-defeating though...I don?t know.

Mechwar

Feb 6, 2008
The best way I've found with dealing with such things is to just treat these people as what they are, insipid, loud-mouthed kids. Ignore them, or better yet, try and get a chuckle out of their idiotic comments; relish the fact that you are better than them in everyway. Laughing at a kid who just called you a f**ker is a spectacular way to piss them off.

On the topic of insults, my personal favorite was when somebody called me a "Damn Yankee" IE: Person from the Northern United States, case anybody needed clarification. I got a big laugh out of that, since I live in Florida.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Since people mostly annoy me even before they insult me, i tend to play without headset.

However, one particular funny moment was when i played Table Tennis Online with some Italian girl.

I tried to talk with her, but she just wouldn't stop talking, babbling without ever taking a break...of course, in italian.

So, i just got annoyed, took down the headset, and just started to play.

As i won (a rare occassion in that game), i still heard a constant squeaking out of the headset and listened in again.

She was still constantly talking, or better said, insulting me, now finally in english, going through pretty much every common insult ranging from asshole to ************ like she read down some kind of curseword dictionary.

Somehow, i found that amusing.

Girlysprite

Nov 9, 2007
Mechwar, there are a lot of ignorant people who will yell Yankee at anything that remotely sounds like he came from the US. They don't know what it exactly means.

MattDark

Oct 5, 2007
The-Big-D said:
Live is probably the worst for people shouting abuse down there headphones lol.

just sittin there chilling playing a game of halo
then someone decides to think its nice to start an arguement because you shot them in the face with a spartan laser and throw abuse at you there useually like 13 year olds with no life though lol
Yeah, live + halo + pre-teens doesnt really help. If theres a limit on your block list for live, mine would probably be full.

Its not just the kids though. I've met plenty of people online who will give me trouble because Im british (Once the 'OMG your english' remarks are out the way) and then theres the typical taunts, gay/******/f***in n00b, and so on.
Oh how they moan even more when you kill them over and over...

I remember one guy though, whenever he made a kill, he would shout off obcenities at the person he killed. He did this each time he got a kill. But then the moment some people killed him and repeatedly took him down, he was quick to shut up.

I think the worst person I played against was this little kid. I was at an opening party for a store, and they had Halo 3 available to play in 4-player matches, and this little kid decides to play the same time I do.
A few minutes into the game, after he's been killed a few times and cant kill anyone else, he starts randomly swearing things (He doesnt even look 10 yet) when he gets killed or when he cant kill someone. I didnt know whether to feel sorry for the kid or his family...

Zyxie

Jan 7, 2008
A thing I've noticed is that people seem to get more abusive and less tolerant whenever they're in groups. In CoD4, with the party system, often you get two teams chiefly populated by large parties of three or more.

Usually one side is American, and the other British (Though there are those who speak German, French, Italian etc, but I don't clash with them very often), and throughout the game there's a constant fight between them, and it starts to get as tense as the bloody World Cup.

Anyway, my point is, if I wasn't in a party, or they weren't in a party, we'd probably always get along. Whenever I meet an American on their own, when I'm on my own, neither of us feel threatened and we have a good game, but whenever I'm in a party with my mates, and we say anything, even if it's something like, "Well played lads," straight away we're showered with abuse about being British.

I must admit my mates do it to them, too, but personally I like to think that if I'm nice to someone, if they're worth bothering with, they'll realise and not shout at you for no reason. ^_^

My favourite insult I've been called is a 'Silly tw*t c**tmonkey cheating whore'. It was by a 10-year old, so drew almost incessant laughter from me for several minutes...