Angry Insults from Gamers

Nov 28, 2007
People are under the impression that Brits think they are higher class than Americans. Which, from what I've heard from people who visited there, is sometimes true.

On-topic, probably the best is when I was playing CS:S, and shot a guy with the AWP. Someone else called me an "AWP fag" which is a pretty standard insult. What made it funny was the same guy shooting me in the back with...an AWP.

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
CoD4 has some ferocious trash-talkers. The one that had me running, tear-stricken, into my mother's arms was "You play like poop".

Yes, someone actually said that.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
thebobmaster said:
People are under the impression that Brits think they are higher class than Americans. Which, from what I've heard from people who visited there, is sometimes true.

On-topic, probably the best is when I was playing CS:S, and shot a guy with the AWP. Someone else called me an "AWP fag" which is a pretty standard insult. What made it funny was the same guy shooting me in the back with...an AWP.
I think the problem is the ignorant twats that talk online are the ones were basing this opinion on. English here some Americans going "God save us lets bomb whatever!" and think there stupid (when its just a tiny minority). The minority of stupid English online retaliate with "stupid fat American" insults and everyone thinks we hate each other. A lot of the time I've had great games with English and American guys, especially when you meet good people on Team Hardcore on Cod4. You have to communicate to do well and when you chatting with good folks its awesome. When the console tards start messing it up with insults just get the attention they crave its time to hit the mute button.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
The best thing you can do to deter an ignorant gamer is humor yourself at them. They call you stupid, and you say "No I'm not, lolz". Also, speak or type in fully punctuated and complete sentences, making their talk and type look silly and messy. Then, out of no-where, attack them on behalf of grammatical errors. It gets them every time. :D

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
Xadin.co.uk said:
Is there a script being handed out to the US to ensure that tea crumpets and the American revolution are always to be mentioned when trying (and often failing because especially the ones that sound like hicks) to insult brits?.
I occasionally get some flak from Americans for being English.

I just remind them of the language they're using to insult me.
(To be fair, there are a ton of Americans in my student accomodation. Never met one I didn't like. I Guess internet=muppet)

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Well, I can instantly debunk many a certain type of hack. Hacks can only give the player more information (wallhacks) or take control of certain aspects of the player's actions (aimhack). Things like running faster and homing projectiles, while possible, are very unlikely, as those are serverside attributes.

Just recently, there was a guy in a server with an awesome kill/death ratio. He was spouting off to his team the fact that he was so good, and yet his team was losing for being "a bunch of nubs". Finally, I freely reply to him:
"Soldiers don't win wars alone. Start shouting commands, and telling us what to do. Until then, stop whining about us, because we're doing exactly what you told us to do: NOTHING AT ALL."
"What did u say?"
"I said you're a horrible freaking leader. And no numbers can prove or disprove that."

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
nilpferdkoenig said:
I hearby promote the German gaming community to the most arrogent community in the world! The standard thing that they say whenever somebody does something that the don't approve of, is to smart for them, is to stupid for them, has to many grammer mistakes, has to little grammer mistakes, is:
Word from the wise. If you're going to go on a forum and insult a race of people in a general sense for their spelling and grammar, or anyone for their spelling and grammar, then you may wish to ensure your own spelling and grammar is up to scratch.

That being said, this thread details exactly why I don't play games online. The intartubes are so clogged with stupidity that daring to get into it through online games is like asking - after being hit by a car - that the driver beat the hell out of you.

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
well, xbox live aside, being a generally solo gamer for reasons unbeknownst to myself, i tend not to go online, as i'd rather just play a game really, but overall, its just n00b, but as a good old british chap, i tend be called a britfag. or some other unsightly name.

and as someone mentioned earlier, internet anonymity, is never a good thing, please reference http://www.4chan.org/ case closed, it is the epitomy of foul hatred on the internet, and indeed on any online interactive medium, as a direct view of what mankind is really like. Those who are different, and ingenius, tend not to go near this website, as it destroys souls and such, i know OF it, and only go on it to laugh at those who think they are being witty. basically, to make me feel better about myself.

and as for the usual gay comments that have many of us perplexed about, im going to explain this, with simple psychology.
some may take comments such as these as offence, because of possible insecurities in their sexuality, but those who take these comments light-heartedly are most probably ignoring them, or quite secure with their well-being. as for those who spout these, it is either out of other common use elsewhere, and have decided to imitate the original foul-mouthed fools, As for the original foul mouthed fool, the chances are that they would find the most offence out of this, as they might be insecure about their sexuality, and have decided that most people are probably just as insecure.

that, or they just cant think of anything better, until they hear an accent.

Fenrar

Feb 10, 2008
There is way too much aggression, non-gamers all think that gamers are a shy nonviolent people, obviously they've never play unreal, halo or any other game online.

One of the weirdest insults i got was when i was playing Team Fortress 2 when another player comment "I'm watching Leonxfx(my name) play and its making me ill" I was rather perplexed because i was 3rd on the leader board ahead of most of the rest of my team. Not to mention it was my first time playing it things like that can put people of a game yknow?

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
Fenrar said:
One of the weirdest insults i got was when i was playing Team Fortress 2 when another player comment "I'm watching Leonxfx(my name) play and its making me ill" I was rather perplexed because i was 3rd on the leader board ahead of most of the rest of my team. Not to mention it was my first time playing it things like that can put people of a game yknow?
next topic on discussion, "online stalkers in gaming!" are you next!?

thats quite scary, someone just...watching... then again, you being third, means its either 1st or 2nd person that was watching you.... unless they were watching, and it was making them dizzy or something

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
I go by CanadianWolverine or Wolvie online. I suppose I'm just asking for it in other gamers opinions, at least that is what I gather from the sheer wide range of insults, but I will leave it up to your imagination as what insults have been hurled my way while gaming.

Oddly enough, the only one that really seems to grab me somewhere in my medulla oblongata for some unfathomable reason for my conscious mind is being called a "racist", like they even have a clue (hint: look at my avatar) but then I tell my sub-conscious to shut up and laugh hysterically as I select the kick command and all too often when they haven't got the hint yet, the ban command.

*shrug* I really do see to bring the worst out in people, oddly enough, its the ones who I don't evoke such basic reactions from through no action of my own other than playing the game that I have learned to recognize as being like minded decent people of civil disposition regardless of location, sexual preference, or so called intelligence.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
This is why games are rated as they are and I think needs to be enforced more strictly. Or the [underage] purchaser goes through an unawares screening in his play style and chatting. Not unlike Big Brother... Go Totaltarianism! lolz