Angry ME3 fans send cupcakes to Bioware.

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10635792/1

Not even kidding. A couple guys over on BSN set up a fundraiser to pay for a nearby bakery to make and deliver 400 cupcakes to Bioware HQ. The goal was to raise about $1,000 to pay for it... they earned that and more in less then an hour, I guess the phrase "Shut up and take my money" has more significance then we thought.

Here's the best part, the cupcakes feature red, blue and green colored frosting and the letters A, B or C on each, and each Bioware employee gets to pick which one they want. Also all the cupcakes taste the same. (I C WUT U DID THAR)

First the Child's Play drive and now this? Talk about your creative (and expensive) protesting strategies.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
It's things like these that are so delightfully clever, that it makes me love humanity a little bit more.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
At least while they are doing this they might complain a bit less in other ways. And on top of the humour value, the fact that they went to such an effort to get creative means that even if you disagree with their views and methods, you can at least admire that they aren't just complaining on forums about it.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm sure someone at Bioware will start telling the people who think the cupcakes all taste the same "No, you just can't taste the subtle differences in the flavor of each cupcake!" While one crazy guy huddles in the corner shouting "THE CUPCAKES AREN'T EVEN THERE! IT'S ALL AN ELABORATE HALLUCINATION!!!"

Yes, I deliberately avoided a Portal reference. You wanna fight about it?

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
That is is pretty cool. I have been kid of indfrent about this whole thing the end was bad but I figured my as well move on. But that is a grate way to get the message out.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I had an evil thought of a veiled threat given the contents of the MLPFIM short story called "cupcakes" (seriously, look it up, it's pretty demented, though a step down from Sweet Apple Massacre), but I'm sure there couldn't be any connection. >:)

All kidding aside, this is pretty cool. It does seem that Bioware is getting the message, what remains to be seen is what the results are going to be.

It would be nice if there was a bit more support for the fans among the gaming media, there are some supporters, but I do tend to notice a lot of big time sites and critics like say Penny Arcade seem to be more or less against the line being drawn here. I was actually pretty disappointed when Jim Sterling and MovieBob (for all my myriad disagreements with him) didn't wind up siding with the fans here.

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
Lol that is probably the best protest idea I've ever heard of. KNOCK DOWN THEIR DOOR.... WITH CUPCAKES! :D

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Oh that is so awesome!
"SLAY 'EM, SLAY 'EM WITH CUPCAKES!"
People should protest like this all the time!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Maybe we should all send crowbar shaped cupcakes to them, followed by three cakes with the red, green and red on them.

And then we sent a giant cake that is shaped like a sad commander Shepard on it.

That on the side, that was one awesome idea, I hope Bioware like this ending instead!!!

Sintrea

Sep 4, 2011
And just think, if they had hired me after my interview a month ago I'd be getting a cupcake...

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Should have sent them half-cupcakes, with the option to purchase later parts to finish them.

DeadYorick

Jan 13, 2011
Its hard to hate very clever protest

Too bad it'll probably go well over the developer's heads and they'll all go "Cupcakes? I'll just snag whatever's left after the rest are done"