Angry Music Spreads Hate and Aggression ?!?!?

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
http://listverse.com/2011/11/03/top-10-inappropriate-uses-of-music/

Now this really pushes my buttons as its an ignorant view on music that
speaks with an angry emotion and it picks two of my most favoritest modern artsit
Marilyn Manson and Rammstein and ignores their poetic and satirical lyrics
and assumes their just hate filled angsty teens

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lynyrd-skynyrd-threaten-marilyn-manson-with-a-can-of-whoop-ass-19990813
YaY! -_-

Any Tales of Musical Ignorance? Feel Free to Share!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It could be on to something though with #2

Every time I hear an Adele song, I feel like punching a baby. Maybe it's on to something about some music spreading aggression...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I bet if we look at someone's journal from the Medieval period we could find at least one rant about how the then new lute music "causes the ether to produce misgivings towards great wrath". Or something. Point is, people always have to have a reason to hate something, even if they have to make up that reason.

SquirePB

Apr 5, 2011
All I know is the only kids who ever got into fights back in my high school all listened to pop music and us metal heads never started anything.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Les Awesome said:
Any Tales of Musical Ignorance? Feel Free to Share!
I once dated a girl who thought that any music from more than 5 years ago was "old", this also applied to movies. So unless it was pop, she didn't care. Needless to say that the relationship didn't last long.

Gloomsta

Oct 27, 2011
Quote from the same article in OP's link

The worst possible transgression involving music is in its own unchecked plagiarism. Rap music somehow continues to operate under the pretense that it is actually a genre in its own right, and not someone else?s ? where most songs are fabricated constructions of Pro-tools? loop samples, or mosaics of songs written by other people, rarely is anything new actually generated, so much as stitched together and resold. Examples: Kanye West has sampled Daft Punk twice in songs he calls his own, and the song conspicuously titled ?Opposite of Adults? is a hack-up of the song ?Kids? by MGMT. For those who call these practices of a rap-prominent music community ?exciting,? that?s just the thrill of a crime gotten away with. Kanye?s ?King-Kong-Ain?t-Got-Nothin?-On-Me? attitude was recently challenged when he got sued for sampling the song ?Different Strokes,? which appeared on his collaboration with Jay-Z. Maybe that will polish his crown with a dab of modesty. Or maybe he?ll get drunk and interrupt another awards show. Learning nothing, after all, is his greatest skill.
Wow whoever wrote that article should stop writing about music.

I wonder if he knows that Daft Punk samples old songs for their music.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
A tale of musical ignorance, I have just the thing!

http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/06/06/dvd-r-hell-rock-its-your-decision.aspx

I don't think there is a way to embed that, but fundamental Christians vs music thing was just hilarious

The worst part is the movie kinda starts out like it will offer both opinions, and then... yea

=Frost=

Oct 6, 2011
Well, this is a huge suprise. Don't really care honestly, won't stop me from listening to it

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
Well, I'm an avid fan of Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Metallica, and I've never hit anyone in anger in my life. Although I have to say, if I ever get arrested, I'm going to ask to transfer to a penitentary where I get to listen to AC/DC all day.