Anime #4- Cosplay: If you were to go to a convention or Comicon or whatever, who would you be?

goldfalsebond

Nov 19, 2009
Ok so for my fourth anime related question, who would you be at a cosplay convention/Halloween/whatever. Note that this is not your favorite character. While it easily could be, im looking for what would be your best fit. this could be based of of looks, personality, physical build, race, anything. Also, HOW would you do it? I ask this because some might be very difficult. For example, Alphonze Elrich would be interesting, but extremely difficult if starting from scratch.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Jean Havoc from FMA. I already look like him, I already smoke, all I need is the uniform and some hair gel and BAM! Cosplay.

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
Realistically, I'd be going as Inuyasha because I've already got the Kimono made and a white wig for it. Of course, I'd have to shave RIGHT before I left, but that's not a huge problem.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
Kenpachi Zaraki, i would also go the step further to find a scale size plush doll of Yachiru Kusagishi and attach her to my shoulder and record some of her quotes to randomly play

ofcause if i wanted to cosplay but not put any effort in, i would go as Lelouch cause i just need an Ashford uniform and i'm done, i have his hair and everything

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Well, easy to answer- seeing as I'm planning to cosplay to the next con I go to.

I'm going as Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia. While I don't have the right hair, that's what wigs are for. And she's one of the few characters with my body type that isn't wearing an incredibly slutty outfit.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
The Warden from Superjail.

I'm lazy. I already have the costume. I bought the shirt and shoes from Goodwill. I commissioned the hat, coat, and pants, and bought the bowtie and cummerbund off Amazon. I also made my cane from a dow rod and a doorknob and have a rather large plush of Jailbot that I made.

So, yes, that's who I would do, again, and how I did it originally.

Entreri481

Jan 14, 2009
MY girlfriend has cosplayes as the female member from team rocket as well as one of the girls from sailor moon. She matches the look and makes her own costumes. My sister has cosplayed as ash ketchum lol, though she's not a great fit obviously.

Grell Sutcliff

May 25, 2011
last time I went to a convention I cosplayed as Roy the flame alchemist next one I go to I think I'll take the Hughes look since I already have the uniform and I have glasses

goldfalsebond

Nov 19, 2009
Memor-X said:
Kenpachi Zaraki, i would also go the step further to find a scale size plush doll of Yachiru Kusagishi and attach her to my shoulder and record some of her quotes to randomly play

ofcause if i wanted to cosplay but not put any effort in, i would go as Lelouch cause i just need an Ashford uniform and i'm done, i have his hair and everything
thats a pretty good one. The bells would be a massive dick pain though. Also, you could befriend a seven year old or a midget and have them dress up. that would be awesome....but maybe a little creepy....perhaps offensive if you go with the midget.........i would stay with the plush. oh and with the plush, you would have to have the quote where she calls orihime jiggles (if you are talking about the english dub). hilarity shall surely insue

Charlie Emerson

Mar 17, 2011
The Medic. [via TF2, and yes they allow videogame ANYTHING at Cons] Not only do I have the same body type as him. His weapons are the simplest to make [I. E. the medicgun backpack is partly made up of duct taped soda bottles.] Plus I make a great German accent.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
whiteblood said:
If I save up enough, I'd go as Zhuge Liang of Dynasty Warriors. Who else can make a feather fan look awesome?
There are no words to describe how awesome a Zhuge Liang cosplayer would be. XD

Though, back on topic, one of my friends was trying to convince me to cosplay as Yue Ying (what with my red hair). Due to me not having those kind of mad sewing skills, I decided against it.

Zorak the Mantis

Oct 17, 2007
I've cosplayed as Rock from Black Lagoon, Ash from Pokemon, and a generic Ronin in the past, all which fit my looks and physique pretty well (except for not being Asian). However, I think I would make a good Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) or Ezio (Assassins Creed).

Sam Fisher is fairly easy to do, I would make the NVG's myself and then get the proper black uniform, black web gear, and a Mk23 with a suppressor.

As for Ezio, I could make his leather armor and hidden blades pretty easily. I'm fairly experienced with metal and leather work so the only tricky part is sewing up the clothing.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Probably Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, a White Mage, or Maetel from Galaxy express 999.

I don't exactly have the frail build of these characters, but looking dignified and regal in a tailored, flowing dress? That I can do.

That being said, if I were ever to do a cosplay, I'd do it right and invest in a several-hundred dollar tailored coat of either white or black, so that I could wear it every winter and just tack on the cosplay elements as needed.

Because I loooove a quality fitted coat.

That being said, I'm not going to ever actually cosplay.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
goldfalsebond said:
Memor-X said:

thats a pretty good one. The bells would be a massive dick pain though. Also, you could befriend a seven year old or a midget and have them dress up. that would be awesome....but maybe a little creepy....perhaps offensive if you go with the midget.........i would stay with the plush. oh and with the plush, you would have to have the quote where she calls orihime jiggles (if you are talking about the english dub). hilarity shall surely insue
the bells are easy, i got them already, i just either gel my hair like Kenpachi's or get a wig

or someone with the mind of a 7 year old, i got a friend who is that but i need a giant suit

the jiggles thing yes, i would also add the "bubblely bubbley" thing also, alot of things she says are bloody funny

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Gameboy from Captain N. All it would take is a giant cardboard box, like 3 or 4 colors of paint and time

also, this guy is awesome because of how hilarious this is.

even if you don't like FFVII, how can you not appreciate that?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I've got a few cosplay ideas in mind, but never gone through with any of them. Although next year at a Nothern Ireland anime/game convetion called Qcon I'm definitely going through with one of these choices.

For the first one, I've just always wanted to cosplay as him, of course I'll need a wig for the hair and it wouldn't kill me to shed a few pounds off. But I feel that I could really pull this guy off.

As for Lance, I already have his auburn hair colour or at least extremly close to it, mine is a bit of a darker shade of red. Also I know a few sites where I can buy his outfit.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
LOL, that authentic Cloud was awesome!

I'd love to be Portgas D. Ace especially with what's recently happened in the anime.. :(

Not a hard costume to make. The only difficult thing is getting the body. Sadly I got a long way to go.