Anime Review: Full Metal Panic

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Full Metal Panic

Full Metal Panic is like a parfait. Is that a good thing?

Read Full Article

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
It's almost worth watching this just to get to Fumoffu. It's just such a goofy counterpoint to FMP and it's follow up FMP: The Second Raid (Also good.).

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Full Metal Panic was a great show. My friend had every episode on DVD, and he let me barrow them.

Its honestly worth a watch. It makes my top 20 in anime, and thats saying alot.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
this was an amazing show

i often wonder if the Agent from Crackdown would fit well in this universe XD and if (in a fight) if Sousuke or the Agent would win

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Episodes 1-14 are entertaining, covering a wide swath of Comedy/Action/Drama without either getting bogged down by the other. However from Episodes 14-24 the thing becomes an exercise in Excessive Melodrama about characters I don't care about. Personally though, I preferred Fomoffu.

Kuriko

Nov 21, 2010
Never watched it, but I've heard some good stuff about Full Metal Panic. =)

Dec 14, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Fuck yes, this is the ONE anime I will ever watch in my life and I love every season of it. Can't wait for the 4th one.

This show might be old, but it's really interesting mix of tastefully well done action & comedy. The love coupling has been done perfectly as well. The socially inept mercenary and the rather intellectual high school girl!

Keep it up, Escapist, you made my day!
Gonna have to agree. I piss myself every time Sousuke does a controlled detonation of his locker because he thinks someone has tampered with it.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Behold. One of the only three animes I genuinely enjoyed.

Great show, great stylizing, and a lot less of that sloppy keyframe bullshit that chokes 99% of the anime I've seen.

usandru

Jul 27, 2009
With regards to the odd split between comedy and action, as well as the lacking Sci-Fi, this is an aspect where the light novels (at least what I've managed to read) have progressed a great deal farther and thus have also improved upon most of the less than stellar (though still excellent) elements. The plot, which admittedly is somewhat incoherent as of season one, tightens and most of the comedic elements are lost as the action and Sci-Fi becomes prominent. As such, you probably shouldn't stick with the series further than Fumoffu if you came for the comedy.

Also. Tessa is awesome and should have more screen time.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Ah, yeah, Full Metal Panic... one of the first animes that I watched, back in 2004 or so. Good times... I should look it back up...

Tirak

Mar 10, 2010
Full Metal Panic was/is awesome, and deserves another season, we've got more than enough material to work with from the books.

I liked the blend of comedy and action, I thought that it wasn't too jarring of a transition int he episodes where action was the main part, though it is true the comedy episodes exist in a vacuum. My favorite part of the series was the evolving relationship between Kaname and Souske, though that was more in The Second Raid. Whether or not that evolution could be considered natural or not I can't say, but it did make me go "awwwww".

Fumofuu almost broke my interest of the series completely. Hated most of it, thought it was a total waste of time. Yeah there were a few good one off gags, but the lack of focus on the things I really liked about the series made it feel like episode 4 of Endless Eight. Yeah, I went there.

Oh yeah, creepiest thing ever is Tessa sliding across the floor with that grin and the blood.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Loved the whole series, beginning to end, concept to execution, anime and light novels.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Personally I'm more a fan of the novels, Though I would kill for an adaption of 'Dancing a Very Merry Christmas' and 'Continuing on my Own' even if it does lead to melodrama.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
Started watching it, then got distracted by Code Geass and never got back to it... I might if I get bored and have some free time. Or I might watch Cowboy Bebop again :D

Rawle Lucas

Aug 19, 2010
I watched all three series and found them all quite enjoyable. Both Sousuke's overreactions to civilian life and his battles in the mecha entertained me.