Anime Review: Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino

Gunslinger Girl is clunkier and cheaper the second time around.

Read Full Article

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
I hate when directors and/or producers decide they want to make something, usually a sequel these days, but want to change the art or style. It takes everything that connects it to the original. Like if you took Halo and came out with a new game but slapped the Halo title on it so the fanboys will buy it.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Wait... there's a second season? I didn't know that.

I don't mind what appears to be Moe character design, but I don't like it when they change to a Moe-ish design for views (Mow isn't annoying on its own, just a shift towards it). It's annoying when they do that. I'll still watch it, though.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Awwww. And I was havign some high hopes for the second series...

Still, love the original at least.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah, it was a bit of a letdown, but compared to what I had expected after all the complaints, it wasn't all that bad.

Still, the total shift in animation style and quality doesn't do it any favours.

Tina Zheng

Jul 9, 2011
the animation of il teatrino looked a bit closer to the original manga character designs, but it did'nt do much for the anime. I agree that the fratellos seemed to be given really different personalities, but over all I really enjoyed the second season. The Triela vs. Pinocchio arc completely won me over. I agree that the animation was really lacking, along with that really annoying blinking, but The last episode was one of the better ones I've seen from. It was an epic fight despite the crap quality.