Anime Review: Persona: Trinity Soul, Part 1

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Persona: Trinity Soul, Part 1

The first half of Persona: Trinity Soul is wonderfully atmospheric, but very little actually happens.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Sounds a little like .Hack series...plenty of talkimng, and dialoue, but, action is a little thin on the ground at times.

Not, that its a bad thing

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
MatsVS said:
Persona 3 has an anime based on it?! Holy crap, must watch. Now!
As a -huge- fan of Persona 3, I'd just like to go on record saying that I heard a lot of people comment about how terrible this series was, especially in comparison to the games.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
I've played persona 3 ever since 2007. I've heard of this anime for a really long time, but never got around to watching it. probably I should start soon.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
antipunt said:
MatsVS said:
As a -huge- fan of Persona 3, I'd just like to go on record saying that I heard a lot of people comment about how terrible this series was, especially in comparison to the games.
Well, that's disappointing. Still, I'll be bold and give it a go. Unless you mean terrible in a way that even corrupts the game? In that case, I'll steer way clear.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I started watching it and just couldn't get into it, it was okay but really nothing great. I'll just stick to the Persona games or look up Jojo's Bizarre adventure which sounds pretty damn good.

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
I loved Persona 3, but after watching the first 10 or so episodes I don't see how the 2 are even related. Seriously, if they renamed the Persona's the summon in the anime something else there would be no linking them at all. There are no shadows and the Persona summoned aren't even close to how they are in the game.

This just seems to be a bland anime trying to cash in on the Persona name, not worth watching imo.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Draithx said:
I loved Persona 3, but after watching the first 10 or so episodes I don't see how the 2 are even related. Seriously, if they renamed the Persona's the summon in the anime something else there would be no linking them at all. There are no shadows and the Persona summoned aren't even close to how they are in the game.

This just seems to be a bland anime trying to cash in on the Persona name, not worth watching imo.
it takes place 10 years after P3 in a alternate universe of said world. That's how its related.
the thing that gets me is that it isn't dubbed into english. Also at the end of P3 didn't you destroy all the shadows i don't remember been to long since i beat it.

Smits090

Aug 13, 2009
for those who liked Persona 3, might enjoy this one. I found it to be a little bit slow in it's uptake, but i continued to watch it. I found the intrigue that was built into the plot to be kinda interesting ... but that's just me. So I say those who like Person 3 will probably enjoy it a bit, not saying they all will ... but o-well.

my recommendation, If your into it's idea, watch it, but i'm thinking not everyone is going to enjoy it.

Draithx

Jul 8, 2009
Gamegodtre said:
it takes place 10 years after P3 in a alternate universe of said world. That's how its related.
the thing that gets me is that it isn't dubbed into english. Also at the end of P3 didn't you destroy all the shadows i don't remember been to long since i beat it.
Apart from Igor, there is nothing linking Persona 3 and Trinity Soul. Persona's aren't summoned by an evoker (p3) or acquired by overcoming one's weakness (p4) so it just doesn't feel the same as the Persona games to me.
Also, I think you destroy the Dark Hour at the end of P3, not the shadows. Shadows and Persona are 2 sides of the same coin after all and shadows still appear in P4, which also takes place in the same universe.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Draithx said:
Gamegodtre said:
Apart from Igor, there is nothing linking Persona 3 and Trinity Soul. Persona's aren't summoned by an evoker (p3) or acquired by overcoming one's weakness (p4) so it just doesn't feel the same as the Persona games to me.
Also, I think you destroy the Dark Hour at the end of P3, not the shadows. Shadows and Persona are 2 sides of the same coin after all and shadows still appear in P4, which also takes place in the same universe.
it does have similarities from the first Persona from the way they summon the Persona in which they use a ritual like game to do so.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Halyah said:
Gamegodtre said:
Draithx said:
Gamegodtre said:
it does have similarities from the first Persona from the way they summon the Persona in which they use a ritual like game to do so.
To be exact they do a ritual called the 'Persona game' that knocks them out and sends them face to face with Philemon. He gives them a challenge and if they succeed, they get the persona power and yes it's the Dark Hour that's destroyed permanently, not the shadows. In order to get rid of shadows, you'd pretty much have to lobotomize the entirety of humanity.
thank you for the correction.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Kept up with this one as it aired. Overall I was underwhelmed but the opening credits are insanely catchy.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
antipunt said:
MatsVS said:
well of coures when compared to the game. it doenst hav ethe same people. So it doesnt have the same kinda feel. However, I kinda like something smart and artsy. so I liked trinity soul.