Anime to game and game to anime

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Fredrick2003 said:
I really do not like stories that were developed for one medium transferred to another medium. It is unnecessary.

The Silent Hill and Resident Evil comic books being the worst offenders in my opinion...
The newest Silent Hill comic Sinner's Reward was excellent. They brought in a new writer and artist, and it was way more like Silent Hill than any of the prior comics. Definitely worth checking out.

crooked_ferret

Jul 30, 2009
I would like to see more anime games made to work on more than one console, and to work with pc. those are very rare.
I actually think bleach could lend itself to an interesting mmo.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
A > G:
.Hack MMO; Most of the work is done already you have classes, rules, skills, zones, etc.
One Piece single-player RPG; Make a character, get a crew, find One Piece
Outlaw Star MMO; thing practically screams MMO right down to them doing fetch quests.
Zoids RPG with online vs.

G > A:
Jet Set Radio
BlazBlue
Tenchu Series
Armored Core Series

So... yeah.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
They should try making a new Death Note game, now that someone's come up with Scribblenauts. The rules explained in How To Use could lend themselves to such a game. Also, force the player to find both the name and the face of the person.

KarumaK said:
G > A:
.hack
There you go.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Rodger said:
A random person said:
I don't care how stylistically opposed they are, I want my Half Life 2 anime, damn it!

As for games based on anime, isn't Gurren Lagann begging for a game? Seriously, just watch it and tell me that kind of awesomeness isn't meant to be played.
Gurren Lagann apparently had a game already. And it apparently sucked. But it came with an OVA scene.

"Did you see it? Rabbit ears flaming and burning! Forced unification, USAGGON LAGANN!"

You can probably find the OVA on Youtube.

Anyway, for anime to game, I'd like to see a Nanoha RPG. Maybe even an MMO. Not necessarily with the characters themselves, but one where you could make your own character using the magic/technology classes from Nanoha. There actually is a Nanoha game being made by Namco (and thus, like most Namco games, probably staying in Japan) but its a fighting game. Bears a strong similarity to a fanmade fighting game crossover called Magical Battle Arena. I can't remember all the series involved, but Nanoha and Cardcaptor Sakura are in it.
High five for being a fellow Nanoha fan!

If I could afford the monthly fee and it was good, I'd probably try it out. Mid-Childa would be a good setting with plenty of monsters to kill for exp., and there would probably be some good character customization options.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
The Jump Superstars series are the ultimate manga games, because it has everyone you could possibly want and some people you never heard of. Plus the gameplay is pretty good.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
Valkyria Chronicles was an awesome game. The anime isn't as good but it's still pretty good. For a game that combines a lot of mecha anime series, Super Robot Wars Z is one the awesomest games I have ever played. Big-O characters against Gundam dudes from almost any Gundam series vs Eureka 7 characters vs Aquarion charcters vs.. there's a lot.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Xvito said:
Gungrave is a really bad game... Which then turned into one of the best animes ever! If you haven't watched it, then you should do that as soon as possible.
Agreed. I generally despise anime, but someone convinced me to watch Gungrave. Not only was the American voice acting actually really good *gasp* but the storyline was pretty involved without just having "enough to get a cliffhanger for the next one". Also, the solution to everything wasn't just magic and demon powers. Those were just little things to spice up what was already a strong story.

I've always thought that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney would make a great anime. The game is already heavily plot-based, and practically wins awards just for that. They've already actually made a manga for it, but it may be some time before it turns into an anime.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Afro Samurai the game and anime were really good. That surprised me because I hate anime and all things associated with it.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
Del-Toro said:
I might be the only white person who likes Gundam Crossfire.
You're not alone. I do feel thay could have made it better in certain ways.

Valkria Chronicles ==> Senjou no Valkyria