Announcing The Escapist's Five Favorites of 2012

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Announcing The Escapist's Five Favorites of 2012

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/FiveFavorites/2012]

Check out all of the Five Favorites of 2012 and enter for a chance to win some epic loot!

Every year, we here at The Escapist present our five favorite games of the year. These aren't necessarily candidates for Game of the Year, just games that we thoroughly enjoyed and wanted to take some time to highlight. Whether they're indie games or triple-A blockbusters, these are games that we love so much, we want to share that love with the world, or at least with you.

Okay, so maybe you've already played every game that came out in 2012 (that's impressive,) so you don't need any advice on what's good for the year. No worries, we've got you. As a special bonus this year, in teaming up with AMD we're giving away a Steam's Big Picture [http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/FarCry3.aspx]? The Devil 13 GPU should be able to accommodate pretty easily. If you're just hoping to get your hands on some new games to play, we've got you covered.

You can find the full details of the giveaway on the Five Favorites page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/FiveFavorites/2012], alongside your recommended daily allowance of editor's picks, of course. Kicking things off, see what Paul Goodman has to say about the state of videogames in 2012. Each day will bring you a different editor and their picks for the year, as well as bringing you one day and one answer closer to entering the contest for the AMD giveaway on Friday.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
... Must be a resident of blah blah not where you live... Oh well, ill probabaly still watch.

Captcha: up and away? pff pointed the door twice by a single article.

LordMithril

Jul 10, 2010
"United States, UK, Australia, or Canada"
Why the UK but not the rest of the EU? :(
I live so close the the Uk I could take my bike and be there in half a day (if there was asphalt instead of water).
Almost every site does this with their competitions. Why?
Seriously, why?

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
Yeah strange actualy, its places all over the world, only connection there is they all speak english. Seems realy arbitraty.

But artbitraty or not its free stuff they are giving out and they can limit that to whoever they like.

LordMithril

Jul 10, 2010
Groenteman said:
Yeah strange actualy, its places all over the world, only connection there is they all speak english. Seems realy arbitraty.

But artbitraty or not its free stuff they are giving out and they can limit that to whoever they like.
True, this is free stuff.
But if i order stuff from the US a lot of sites won't send it to the Netherlands. I have to work via company's in the UK to get it here.
Has something to do with laws. But its just crazy. I can order and pay for it, but they can't send stuff to my door.
It has to go to the UK and they can send it to me.

Captcha: rope burn .. yeh from hanging my self when trying to figure out stuff like this :S

bimon_1234567

Mar 15, 2012
Mr.Tea said:
LordMithril said:
"United States, UK, Australia, or Canada"
Why the UK but not the rest of the EU? :(
I live so close the the Uk I could take my bike and be there in half a day (if there was asphalt instead of water).
Almost every site does this with their competitions. Why?
Seriously, why?
Well, there's water between the UK and the rest of the EU and, stupid as it is, it's still a different country.[...]
You forgot Ireland.

The Escapist said:
You must be a resident of the United States, UK, Australia, or Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Québec.
Someone has to say it, okay I'm gonna say it:
That's Racist!

;-)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Wow they actually allowed Australia in this one, Woohoo! I can finally enter a competition on the Escapist!

Also props to Justin for Guild Wars 2! (Although it took until the Fractal update to actually become good) XD

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Every year I am looking forward to these lists to see what the staff liked the most this year.

From what I've seen thus far they are quite different from each other which was expected but was pleasantly surprised.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
I'm just worried about the questions it'll be asking us. Will it be based on the videos or the games like trivia?
They will be based on the videos. Keeping the holiday festivities light :)

lacktheknack said:
Unable to access Susan's Top 5, clicking it just brings me here.
Oops! Should be fixed now.