Announcing The Sunday Funnies!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Announcing The Sunday Funnies!

Grab a cup of coffee, put up your feet, and enjoy the first installment of our web comic collection, The Sunday Funnies.

We got so many fantastic entries to our Web Comic Contest that we had a really hard time choosing a winner. So we cheated a bit and named some Honorees, too, including the comics you'll be seeing every other weekend in The Sunday Funnies. If you enjoy them, make sure you show them some love in the comments.

Don't forget to check out the winner of the Web Comic Contest, Critical Miss, which starts this Tuesday, May 18!

Paused [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/paused/7556-Paused-1]
Paused - The untold stories of characters when the game is paused... Being forced to live out your life as a computer game character can be quite grueling. Alive only when the power is on, these virtual folk get very limited time-off between slamming each other around, getting hopelessly lost in perilous terrain and experiencing death after death after death. In fact, the only break they get is when those six large letters interrupt the action, affording them the time to vent what is truly on their minds.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
My favourite is name game. Sounds like an entry in one of those "You know you play too many videogames when..." threads.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Hm... pretty cool. But will new episodes of Critical Miss appear on the Escapist on Tuesdays( and in that case, is it every other Tuesday, or every Tuesday)?

These four are all quite funny, tough i didn't like Bumhug Parade that much. I'm a bit surprised Paused made it here, i thought the first tries weren't that great. But this one is funnier, so that settles that.

I seem to like The Escapist Radio Theater the most, the art style is nice , too.
In conclusion, looks like The Escapist managed to get some nice stuff on their page. Well done, and thanks!

Will be enjoying this!

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
Well this was a pleasant surprise. I especially like paused, but what about manly men doing manly things? (I think that's what it was called) It was hilarious.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Well, you got the 'Sunday' part right. I wouldn't wish to appear unecessarily harsh, but I hope future episodes will contain some humour and expand beyond what CAD, VGcats and every other webcomic has already done.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
i really like this idea and have now read them all all seem interesting i would definately read every week

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Yeaaaaaah! The internet is notoriously empty on the weekends, this will hopefully liven it up!

Sodoff

Oct 15, 2009
Im confused..

Are these the winners of the Escapist Webcomic contest held beck in Febuary?

Cause I remember a very different winner.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
I look forward to entertaining you all :)

Da Joz said:
but what about manly men doing manly things? (I think that's what it was called) It was hilarious.
Coelasquid has gone ahead and made her own website for her comic. It's been running for some time now! Go ahead and check it out, it's pretty awesome. http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Ah good! I was wondering when this Webcomic was going to start. Shame I never entered, but I can't draw so maybe it was for the best.

Calumon: He had a really good idea too. : /

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats pretty cool! Something to keep me entertained on a Sunday!

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Cool! Now I have something to look forward to on a Sunday.

.....Wait.
That came off wrong.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Excelent idea. The Escapist winds down over the weekends, and its great to have more cool content to look forward to.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
We got so many fantastic entries to our Web Comic Contest that we had a really hard time choosing a winner. So we cheated a bit and named some Honorees, too, including the comics you'll be seeing every other weekend in The Sunday Funnies. If you enjoy them, make sure you show them some love in the comments.
Thank you, thank you for the shear awesomeness of this new web comic thing.
Now if you guys would [HEADING=1]fix that darn roof![/HEADING]
Every thing will be perfect.
Roof=the website that's been acting awfully cluncky lately. And I mean awfully!
Edit: I hope you're paying these guys(and galls) well, because they're making a really good job. Oh and did I mention "the roof"?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Really cool, i always knew there was something missing from Sundays. I liked The Escapist Radio Theater one the most. :D