Announcing The Sunday Funnies!

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
heh wow i cant wait to see more! They were all pretty good but i really liked Bumhug parade the most. Its kinda out there but thats fun too and the representation is slick. I cant wait for The Escapist Radio theater either but the few release dates are going to be painful. Still supre excited though

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
Ahahaha I guess there's not really a way to say I'm kind of surprised Manly Guys didn't make it into this extended round of honourable mentions without sounding like I'm being conceited, but I really don't mean it like that. I think I might just have been letting all of the buzz people were making a couple months back go to my head. I'm probably just getting wistful thinking about how much easier it would be to be posting the comics to a place like this after having to deal with that nightmare of a webhost that kept locking and deleting my page for "getting too much traffic". Never ever deal with InMotion Hosting, folks, I'm stillwaiting to see my refund from them.

Huge congrats to you guys, though! I hope you prosper well here. Pseudonym especially, those environments you're crafting in your panels are absolutely top notch, I love the depth you have going on. Some pretty snazzy painting happening in BumHug Parade, too, it's gonna be cool to see the different styles you get going later on. I AM IMPRESS, GUYS! Go forth and make something that completely rocks face.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
Coelasquid said:
Ahahaha I guess there's not really a way to say I'm kind of surprised Manly Guys didn't make it into this extended round of honourable mentions without sounding like I'm being conceited, but I really don't mean it like that. I think I might just have been letting all of the buzz people were making a couple months back go to my head. I'm probably just getting wistful thinking about how much easier it would be to be posting the comics to a place like this after having to deal with that nightmare of a webhost that kept locking and deleting my page for "getting too much traffic". Never ever deal with InMotion Hosting, folks, I'm stillwaiting to see my refund from them.

Huge congrats to you guys, though! I hope you prosper well here. Pseudonym especially, those environments you're crafting in your panels are absolutely top notch, I love the depth you have going on. Some pretty snazzy painting happening in BumHug Parade, too, it's gonna be cool to see the different styles you get going later on. I AM IMPRESS, GUYS! Go forth and make something that completely rocks face.
You'll always be a hero to me Coela. I mean that sincerely. And though it seems to be giving you a few hiccups, I'll continue promoting your comic where and when I can.

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
Archemetis said:
If it makes you feel better, I loved your comic.

I also enjoyed the Robot Ninja Viking Pirates and the Anubis ones. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't make it. Perhaps alternating weeks for a few more of the popular strips?

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
psudonym said:
You'll always be a hero to me Coela. I mean that sincerely. And though it seems to be giving you a few hiccups, I'll continue promoting your comic where and when I can.
Sincere thanks, bro. That means a lot to me coming from you.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I think... yes, my life has in fact just become a slightly more grim and humorless place, because those were not funny.
They were in fact anti-funny: There was such a deficit of funny present, I could feel my inner levity being leeched away to compensate, oh noes.

At first I thought maybe the whole thing was some satirical spoof and the anti-humor was intentional, but I see that's not the case.

On the positive side, now I get to feel like one of the last sane men in a world gone mad, so that's nice.

Seriously, not funny. Why are people laughing?

Coelasquid said:
No, see, your comic was hilarious, and if they'd picked it up I would actually be laughing right now. I'm as baffled as you are.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
So I just finished reading the Dark Tower books, and I have to ask... Did Bumhug Parade take part of its name from that? just curious.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
None of them are that funny. Ill read it each week though just in case there's a funny one in there.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
SuperMse said:
Aedes said:
Uh! Comics!

You know, one of my favorites was Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. Well, too bad.
They all look good aside the BumHug Parade which was sorta creppy... Anyway!

Yay, comics!
Well then, I have a treat [http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/] for you!
That is definitely awesome! Thanks for letting us know that the idea was kept going. If it were up to the Community Manager, I'd throw a contract at 'em! :)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
So some of the runner-ups will be running on the site as well? The Escapist is quickly becoming my entire internet, a mission I believed would be taken up by Google. Will even more webcomics show up later on?

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Archemetis said:

So wait... Out of Tens won the contest... What the heck is Critical Mass?

If the people who made Out of Tens decided not to go for it for whatever reason or it just didn't work out, it would have been nice to hear about it, Escapist.

You're starting to get notoriously bad for this kind of thing...

[Edit]: Thanks for the explanation, can't honestly think of why the name would need to be changed though... Out of Tens was actually a fairly clever name, Critical Mass just sounds like a bid to seem 'hardcore' for no reason...

... I'm also some-what disappointed that my one didn't end up there, but then again the near-enough non-existent feedback I got about it on the contest page (despite being an honourable mention) I'm not surprised...

Self esteem points -10

Bluh...

Although now I think of it, my entry was entirely introduction of the characters coupled with whoring myself out to the judges and staff...
So I guess they wouldn't work...

If they want New ones from me however...
lol. I have noticed that the new title for "Out Of Tens" is the same name I game my craptacular webcomic that I submitted to the escapist for the contest... yes, the title of my original submission had the name "Critical Miss".... I now need a new name if Im going to set up a web comic. lol.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
videocrazy said:
Can I ask the obvious question? That being, where were the Sunday Funnies this week?
Every other week = they'll be here every second Sunday. This week was the off week.