Anomaly: Warzone Earth Review

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Anomaly: Warzone Earth Review

A unique spin on tower defense makes for a memorable sci-fi jaunt.

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Played the demo on PSN, looks like a GREAT spin on the 'tired' tower-defense genera, and it's pretty darn fun.

Now if only someone could do this with Pokemon...
;P

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I've owned this for a while on my Android, and it really is a great game. The reviewer is right in saying that the difficulty sometimes ramps up a little too steeply, and stopping to re-plan your route can sometimes be a chore, but those two minor complaints aside it's an excellent game.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
I'm assuming this was recently released on PSN, hence the puzzlement at a review being released long after the game released on mobile and PC's.

What's different from the PC version?

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Idocreating said:
As far as I know, the localized co-op is the only new feature. However, I haven't played the PC version, so there may be other small tweaks. The campaign and the two arcade modes should be more or less identical.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Marshall Honorof said:
Idocreating said:
As far as I know, the localized co-op is the only new feature. However, I haven't played the PC version, so there may be other small tweaks. The campaign and the two arcade modes should be more or less identical.
Your lack of the PC copy leads me to believe you are not aware of Humble Indie Bundles. You should become aware, for they are most awesome.

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Idocreating said:
Your lack of the PC copy leads me to believe you are not aware of Humble Indie Bundles. You should become aware, for they are most awesome.
It's true that I've been very derelict in picking up Indie Bundles! I've amassed such a backlog from the last two years that I'm trying to finish up what I have before I pick up five or six new games at once. That said, if A:WE gets featured in another bundle soon, I recommend it pretty highly. It's definitely not perfect, but it's an idea that could have gone wrong so easily, and it ended up being tons of fun instead.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
I think better term for its genre would be Tower Assault
(well you know- reverse of Tower Defense)

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
Got this with the Humble Bundle for Android a while back and can honestly say it was my favorite game in the bundle.