Anonymous brings down FBI website.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Well dipstick better watch out...

We have already learned if you piss off certain people in certain governments they will find you, extract you and if the country your in bitches gives them the finger while they throw you in prison.

It's all a nice little fake Tony Hawk show of the little guy trying to fight da man, and they are gonna lose since they don't have a REAL goal to fight for or real supporters.

Selling a nations secrets, blackmailing banks... yep keep it going... say hi to the swat team at 3am.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Wow that's...I dunno what to say about that, I'm actually at a loss for words. I mean...the FBI? Really? ...Anonymous? FBI? REALLY?!?!

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
They say they're fighting for people's rights and they want people to be accountable for braking laws. But anonymous has broken more laws than anybody that they've ever attacked.

Aug 25, 2009
Good idea, bring down the FBI, in no way is that going to put Anonymous on the hitlist for American Homeland Security, leading to full investigations and a possible terrorism blacklisting.

Nice one.

Do Anonymous even think about what they're doing? Do they consider that the higher a profile they get, the higher profile the law enforcement against them will become? A lot of the laws passed during the War on Terror still stand, to take Wikileaks, the leaking of classified government data could be considered tantamount to treason, punishable by death (in some states). Bringing down the FBI website is an act of cyber-terrorism, and could be seen to constitute an attack on the nation.

Remember the last folks who attacked the nation of America? Yeah, the more Anonymous does this shit, the closer they get to getting themselves declared terrorists.

Like I said the last time an Anonymous thread came up, I hope they continue, just so they can see the full force the US government can bring down on domestic threats.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
One Hit Noob said:
Now this is serious. Taking down the FBI website shows that the anons can take down anything. Including the escapist.
which is why we must stay neutral,*picks up megaphone * ESCAPISTS, ATTENTION, OUR BATTLE PLAN............uhh.....COPY SWITZERLAND!

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Tomorrow morning, 3:27 AM:
Anon: Any minute, and my virus will take down the FBI's webi-
*SWAT team kicks down door*
Anon: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I really dont see this ending well. Maybe thats the point. I still applaud Anon for actually doing something. What they are doing is absolutely vital in the face of how corporations and governments are trying to control and effectively censor the internet. But if they keep escalating this, it is very likely they will bite off more than they can chew.

Although, I respect that these attacks have been very much measured, despite being massively overexaggerated.

Taking down Visa/MC/Paypal preventing transaction processes for a short time is one thing, but taking down the FBI front info page is basically irrelevant. The FBI wont really care, but targeting the FBI does put them on the radar.

Perhaps, people need to step back and realize that the underlying issue, that corporations are no longer willing to sit idly by while the internet cuts into their PROFIT margins, and using the government to protect their interest is a very very bad thing, and stop defending governmental and corporate dominion over something that is supposed to be free.

Im glad to see someone standing up in DEFENSE of freedom and liberty, I just regret that the steps that will be required to actually do it will invariably be at a unbearable human expense.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Sightless Wisdom said:
Man, the world sure is interesting these days. I'm all for Anon, and I'll be watching and waiting to see if they prevail in any way.
Same here.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Aurora Firestorm said:
Anonymous started out as a nifty thing. Now they just seem to be Project Mayhem wannabes. I don't very much approve, and 4chan is going to get its collective ass kicked sooner or later.
It's all those people who read (or watched) Fight Club and missed that it was internally a criticism of its own philosophical skew?

EDIT: Sorry, I fucked up the punctuation.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Once again, only being counter productive.

Lets all keep doing super immature things over the internet! That'll prove that we're all responsible enough to use it un-policed!

Morons. Stupid keeps need to grow up and enter the real world.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
t3h br0th3r said:
heres what going to happen: the gov is going to get agents in infiltrate annon (which is really childs play). they are going to figure out which annons have some rank/pull the strings. they are going to arrest these people in mass. they will lather, rinse, repeat a few times and they the group known as annon will disapear for a while to let the heat die.

then in a few years they will come back and we will start form square one. or they will decide to quit while they are ahead/free and go back to attacking targets no one really cares about like scientology and facebook.
They can't do that though. If they start arresting people for this then it is going to show the public that the government REALLY IS abusing its power to hush up its secrets. After that even more people are going to be pissed off.

What Anon has been doing so far is equivalent to a large public protest, and not a lot of people are happy when the government steps in and shuts those down.

You have to remember; all Anon needs to win is massive attention. Once it has this it's goal if half done.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
KiKiweaky said:
I hope they are as good with computers as they think they are, if they can't hide they are in big trouble :eek:
don't worry I sure they're behind 7 proxies
O.T. well god damn they have more power than I thought they did but now they better make sure they don't get caught

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Golem239 said:
KiKiweaky said:
I hope they are as good with computers as they think they are, if they can't hide they are in big trouble :eek:
don't worry I sure they're behind 7 proxies
O.T. well god damn they have more power than I thought they did but now they better make sure they don't get caught
Honestly, they'll probably get picked off when they go someplace and start preening about how they took down the FBI.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I fully support Anon's crusade for freedom of information.

The FBI will rue the day they closed down the X-Files.

I Believe.

The Truth is Out There.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
MagicMouse said:
t3h br0th3r said:
heres what going to happen: the gov is going to get agents in infiltrate annon (which is really childs play). they are going to figure out which annons have some rank/pull the strings. they are going to arrest these people in mass. they will lather, rinse, repeat a few times and they the group known as annon will disapear for a while to let the heat die.

then in a few years they will come back and we will start form square one. or they will decide to quit while they are ahead/free and go back to attacking targets no one really cares about like scientology and facebook.
They can't do that though. If they start arresting people for this then it is going to show the public that the government REALLY IS abusing its power to hush up its secrets. After that even more people are going to be pissed off.

What Anon has been doing so far is equivalent to a large public protest, and not a lot of people are happy when the government steps in and shuts those down.

You have to remember; all Anon needs to win is massive attention. Once it has this it's goal if half done.
a ddos attack falls under the computer misuse act if im correct (im assuming that's what they did, hell thats what they always do edit: just looked, yes it is.), ergo they are within there right to arrest people for it in any way they see fit, in other words they have made themselves targets, and have gave them the means of detainment morally with the general public, unless there going for the whole fill the jails strategy employed by a lot of protests it makes no sense, you see where this is going here, not a good move and very counterproductive, the only benefit i can see from this is that they get attention, and not of the good kind, the kind of attention that labels them as terrorists.... which is quite debatable (note im not saying they are or not) with there current actions as there attacking a government body, and even if its debatable they will be branded as some if the government actually decides to take action against them.

i do hope they didn't just mindlessly rushed in like ive seen in the past, if they have this is going to be ugly, ugly as hell.

note im not not condemning there actions in anyway here, or agreeing with them. Im just saying this from a strategic standpoint, that this was a very VERY bad move to make.

from what i happen to hypothesize is that there hoping that they will not retaliate.... i dont know if this will happen or not, but this is such a risky strategy to make its well madness.

all i have to say, is good luck to them, if annonomys survive i will be somewhat impressed.

havent they learned from previous protests (if we can call it that anymore) that violence and destruction do not help, they usually make things worse damnit.