Anonymous Hacks Syrian Ministry of Defense

Darksqueee

Apr 21, 2010
So how exactly does one report and account for suspension evasion?

OT: Still supporting Anonymous on this one.

cora mcstrap

Jul 21, 2011
These people are criminels. Their actions violate the law. Some of their actions may seem acceptable on the outside becasue they are focused on countries with unpopular policial regeiums but they also hurt people with their actions. How many people lost the ability to access sony online via their PS3's? They sit their with the "moralist" ideallogy shoving what they believe down our throats. No thank you. The sooner they are found and arrested for illigel hacking the better

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Deamon Toss said:
I'm beginning to think you're just a troll.
Are you so arrogant to think that everyone else on this board is wrong and you are right? Sure, anon might not have done much, but how exactly is what they've done bad? You contradict yourself constantly, first you claim that the Syrian government probably don't even care about the hack, then you suggest that this hack may push them into killing more people? You say that anon are pathetic and have no power, but then rant about how many lives they ruin.
Yours is quite honestly the most biased argument I've heard in a long time.

Have anon done something that has seriously upset you personally?

DasUberCow

May 26, 2009
You know what the say the voice of reason is an unstoppable wind.

Actually, no, that's just what i said.

I'm thinking Deamon is actually trolling us. He not only has some delusional perspective of the standards he applies to himself and others, but a lack of understanding about the subject matter. Thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through this entire thread watching him get picked apart by pretty much everyone, despite the fact that he's talking against Anonymous on a site that is in general against Anonymous.

I think this is a good thing that Anonymous is doing, it's a small and superficial attack but it is an attack. If this helps to take some rep away from Syria in any way, then it's definitely a good thing.

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
Deamon Toss said:
One day they will realize hacking websites doesn't actually accomplish anything. Do they expect them to just say say "oh gee, are website was hacked! call off teh war effort and turn around and go home!" I bet they don't even care.
I assume that somewhere in these four pages of responses someone has already said this, but I couldn't be bothered reading through them all so I'll just say this on the off-chance - it is very possible that hacks like this are done to draw the attention of the first-world populace in general, who very possibly may not know about the plight of one specific unfortunate nation.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
Deamon Toss said:
slacker activism is a completely waste of time and a joke. They aren't helping the people in anyway whatsoever...
Wrong. The more attention to the situation the better. Are anon (likely a group of pale-skinned, basement dwelling skinny fellows) supposed to fly to Syria and get in a fist fight with the local government? No. If it gets enough attention from a powerful enough ally, then those people will get what they desperately need.

So, no, it is a good thing. Thousands of squeaky wheels can make the manufacturer change something. As per what others are saying as well, the message was to encourage continued defiance. As for retaliation from the government, if you say they don't care, then why would they retaliate? You're mixing signals, you're wrong and, after reading all of the thread, apparently a troll.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Wow, dude. Your irrational hatred of Anonymous is seriously over the top.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Deamon Toss said:
Slightly? Buddy, You won't even weigh any of my ideas. Slightly in the wrong? Can you even begin to acknowledge all the absolute shit anon has actually done? And guess what? even if you can, which i seriously doubt, there are poeple who believe anon is nothing "but" good. I know this will come as a shock to you, but the spectrum completely goes full circle. Where I can admit, I think the group should just vanish, there "are" groups who believe they are walking jesus. yes, there are. Thats a fact your going to have to wrestle with.
And you clearly think that they're nothing "but" bad, and seem unwilling to acknowledge that they've ever done anything good. You are just as biased and irritating as the people who "believe anon is nothing "but" good"

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Soldiers shooting civilians in the street who aren't fighting back.
Wow, your balls must be huge. Its too bad Anon didn't breach their central governments servers and or military nerve center and re-direct missile attacks onto Assad >.>

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Wow, dude. Your irrational hatred of Anonymous is seriously over the top.
I think we're getting to the point he's just trolling desperately for kicks now. Looking at his response to Angry_Squirrel, yeah, I'm inclined to believe he's simply trolling. Reminds me of a thread another guy was trolling on (It was the Bethesda vs Mojang infringement one) before he got totally time-warped banned XD