Anonymous to take down facebook on Nov 5

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Weren't they also supposed to take down the Internet? Same thing will happen that always happens, ie nothing.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
AstylahAthrys said:
Ghee. Never heard this before. Nope. Nobody has ever said this was going to happen before. Ever.

Oh wait... [http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20090328-71/anonymous-facebooks-going-down-november-5/]
That sure worked out well. I imagine it will just as well again.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
Watch out guys! Anonymous might see this thread and threaten to take down The Escapist.

In all honesty, if they are this big and powerful organization, they would have done something like this already. Yes, they have attacked other sites, but not on this level. Until they ACTUALLY do something to Facebook, I'm going to just sit back and say "Yeah Right". Anon have slowly started to become a joke.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Oh goody, they finally put a date on when everyone will realize how little they actually know about computers.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Didn't they say they were going to shut it down sometime last year and it never happened?

Yeah it's not gonna happen.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Yeah, they tried to do this before and fucking failed. Lots of build up too.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
trty00 said:
There's been about three or four separate occasions where I've dramatically changed someone's opinion on "V for Vendetta," simply because I informed them of how the book operated. 'Twas good fun.
Works for me. I enjoyed the graphic novel immensely, which is the only reason I was willing to watch the Wachowski's parody. >.>

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Didn't they say this last year or something?

Eh, I don't really care for Facebook, so either way it's not a big deal for me.

I mean the feat itself is remarkable but other than that who cares.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
Well, according to Amazon, my copy of Jam is supposed to be arriving on November 5th. Who has time for Facebook when there's an apocalypse on the horizon?

OT: I'm extremely incredulous of anything that is a supposed claim of Anonymous, and, indeed, quite a bit of what they've actually taken credit for. Most of the time, when they say stuff like this, it's either a.)not actually them, but just someone trying to put people on edge, or b.)made by someone who might be part of the group, but is much too far down the ladder to actually decide what the group's next move is. So many of their threats have gone unfulfilled that it's really difficult to take them seriously.

Although, I don't recall seeing anything in that article that suggests November 5th as a date, and this comment:

I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR THIS UP,ANONYMOUS HAS NO AGENDA WHATSOEVER TO ATTACK FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY OR FORM REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR CERTAIN PEOPLE HAVE POSTED AROUND THE NET,AND AS FOR ZYNGA IF WE TAKE DOWN ZINGA IT IN NO WAY WILL AFFECT FACEBOOK APART FROM ERROR MESSAGES IN ZYNGA GAMES,WE ARE ANONYMOUS, WE ARE LEGION,WE DO NOT FORGIVE,WE DO NOT FORGET,EXPECT US.
pretty much suggests that is a huge attention grab, if anything. I put just as much trust in that comment being by a member of Anon as I do the initial threat being leveled by a member of Anon, by the way.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Yeah right, I'd like to seem them try. A pathetic DDoS attack isn't going to stop Facebook, which recently hit over a billion accounts and generates tens of billions of dollars.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
Has anon ever done anything but hate on scientologists?
Well they've got people who abused cats too.

Both worthy causes, but everything else they do is a joke.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Weren't they going to do that last year? Either way, Anonymous is the equivalent of a 12 year old on Red Bull: they think they're invincible until their mother tells them to go to bed.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
oh fun! I'm handing in a world history assignment tomorrow on the gunpowder plot :D

Honestly I'd love to see them actually go through with this, it'd be a good change of pace for them. Too bad they won't though :(

Reginald

May 9, 2012
SonOfMethuselah said:
Although, I don't recall seeing anything in that article that suggests November 5th as a date, and this comment:

I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR THIS UP,ANONYMOUS HAS NO AGENDA WHATSOEVER TO ATTACK FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY OR FORM REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR CERTAIN PEOPLE HAVE POSTED AROUND THE NET,AND AS FOR ZYNGA IF WE TAKE DOWN ZINGA IT IN NO WAY WILL AFFECT FACEBOOK APART FROM ERROR MESSAGES IN ZYNGA GAMES,WE ARE ANONYMOUS, WE ARE LEGION,WE DO NOT FORGIVE,WE DO NOT FORGET,EXPECT US.
What is that, is that language? Is this what people are into nowadays?

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
I actually like groups like Anonymous to challenge the status quo. Their methods are questionable, but they can impose their will upon even the largest government instituions and media conglomerates. And that is something I both appreciate and enjoy.