Another Dragon Age 2 Unlockable Goes Up For Grabs

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Another Dragon Age 2 Unlockable Goes Up For Grabs

BioWare has put yet another Dragon Age 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0047TG2R0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297972515&sr=8-1] unlockable on the table and this one might actually be a little tough to achieve.

Earlier this month BioWare promised to give away [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107835-BioWare-Issues-Dragon-Age-Demo-Call-to-Arms] two unlockable Dragon Age 2 items, "Lothering's Lament" and "The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall," if the Dragon Age 2 demo was downloaded more than one million times by March 1. The job was done within a week, so now the studio is ready to make a new deal.

"Of Things Not Lost [http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo]" is the third and most powerful of the three tomes written by a Ferelden refugee fleeing the Blight, although what it actually does is still a mystery. All that's known at this point is that the book of poems describes the author's struggle to "preserve her past and cling to the few physical mementos she'd brought with her into foreign lands."

To unlock it, Dragon Age fans must hit the Dragon Age Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/dragonage] every day and share that day's post. If every post from now until March 4 is shared and reaches one million impressions on the day that it's posted, BioWare will unlock "Of Things Not Lost" for everyone.

But if even one day is missed, you get nothing!

Dragon Age 2 comes out on March 8 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd help, but that would require resetting the Facebook password that I forgot. And that's a few minutes of effort to log onto a site I never use anymore.

My Escapist profile is essentially my Facebook.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
Forget it, I'm not doing that. Downloading an awesome demo is one thing; annoying my friends is something else entirely.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
facebook, bah, all this trying to tie game stuff in with facebook annoys me

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Worgen said:
I usually feel the same way, except I kind of liked the tie in with AC:B. I got a little bit more understanding out of the game and I was able to get some nice things, as well as train my assassins. I don't think it was completely necessary, but I kind of liked it.

Off-topic: I like your avatar. It makes me smile when I see it. Good movie.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Worgen said:
I really do hate the way devs keep putting that shit up and trying to force me to rejoin it. I already have a goddamn BioWare account so they really should just stop annoying me with other crap.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
Kalezian said:
Suskie said:
Forget it, I'm not doing that. Downloading an awesome demo is one thing; annoying my friends is something else entirely.
but.....isnt that the entire point of facebook?
I see you've figured out why I don't like Facebook.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
I believe you can share it to yourself. I certainly would not want to annoy people with that.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
An lo, EA has discovered a far more insidious form of marketing. Most will use DLC as a means of promotion unto itself. "Buy game, get this shiny thing." But EA has taken the next logical step, pushing that niggling little instinct in the back of the human mind to new heights. "You want shiny thing? Go tell all of your friends about the game, the tell them some more, and some more, and some more. Keep going!! You do want the shiny thing, don't you?"

Of course, such a method dies out soon enough, when the aforementioned 'want of shiny thing' comes up against the insurmountable wall of sheer, human laziness.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
you know what bioware fuck you and fuck facebook I hate this shit and I hate any shit that requires facebook and honestly I dont give a fuck if the items reached or whatever I hope facebook crashes thats what

OT: I really am sick of how facebook is being more and more used for this stuff

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
It's a pretty clever way of marketing their product: every person who shares the game links it to 100-500 people who before may not have known of its existence.

On the other hand, they may be overestimating people's willingness to annoy their friends with links. I don't think we're going to get this one, to be honest.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
.. Fuck it. I did the demo thing, but I hate using my facebook account.

Ah well, there's several million other fans that won't hesitate. *Shrug*

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
;_; Bioware, what's happened to you? Evidently you're no longer the developer I loved so. What's up with all this bandwagon jumping you're doing lately? Facebook nonsense, turning your RPGs into thinly disguised shooters... I'm not sure where things will go from here.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
This is kinda scuzzy in my opinion.

"Oh, why spend millions in advertising when we can get our loyal fans to annoy their friends for us for just a tiny in-game trinket? DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE!"