Another person shot dead this time at a rally and counter protest clash in Denver

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

One person has died and two people are in custody after a shooting during dueling protests Saturday in downtown Denver, according to police and media reports.
A man participating in what was billed as a “Patriot Rally” that also included a presence of self-described BLM-Antifa protesters, sprayed mace at another man and that man shot him with a handgun. Ambulances responded to the scene. Police said Saturday afternoon they were working on a homicide investigation.
An hour in, police had fired what appeared to be pepper balls after people from the leftist group started rattling a barrier headed into the amphitheater.
The “Patriot Rally” in Civic Center was organized by John Tiegen, an El Paso County resident with a large social media following, who tweeted earlier this month that “(BLM, Antifa and related Marxist associations are assaulting everything we love and cherish about this country.”

The counterprotest has been billed by organizers on Facebook as a “BLM-Antifa Soup Drive.”

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Ya know, I was reading a bit about Weimar Germany recently, and I've seen some unsettling similarities.

Reactions: Agema

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Ya know, I was reading a bit about Weimar Germany recently, and I've seen some unsettling similarities.
I mean... I've been saying that for a while.

Is there anything in particular that sends up red flags for you?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not quite that bad but it is happening quite a lot it seems that an event is planned then suddenly AntiFa plans an event right by it. Definitely an escalation from 2016 when it was mostly people turning up outside rallies and fundraising to just intimidate people mostly.

And you'll never guess the identity of the shooter.

A Pinkerton agent. The right wing militant tried to assault a Pinkerton and got shot. Woops.
Private security hired by the station. No-one really can know how he was hired unless more info comes out other than he was hired as private security

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Similarities don't mean it will happen. But yeah there are certainly similarities with all the shit and I wouldn't be surprised if we had to have the secret service drag trump out of the white house kicking and screaming.

Also you should chance your icon to this.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Not quite that bad but it is happening quite a lot it seems that an event is planned then suddenly AntiFa plans an event right by it. Definitely an escalation from 2016 when it was mostly people turning up outside rallies and fundraising to just intimidate people mostly.

Private security hired by the station. No-one really can know how he was hired unless more info comes out other than he was hired as private security
Pinkerton is a private security company. They hired a Pinkerton agent.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Are people just using the word "Pinkerton" as a synonym for "private security"?

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Is there anything in particular that sends up red flags for you?
Paramilitary groups of opposite ends of the political spectrum battling it out in the street.

I assume we'll have our own lyrics to Horst-Wessel-Lied before too long. Or our own version.

Similarities don't mean it will happen.
I'm not saying what will happen. Obviously, reading history doesn't empower one to predict the future with any real degree of specificity.

I'm good, thanks.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Paramilitary groups of opposite ends of the political spectrum battling it out in the street.

I assume we'll have our own lyrics to Horst-Wessel-Lied before too long. Or our own version.
Yeah, I look at the 'we gotta destroy the riots' thing as very Wiemar. So I see it as not just those two groups

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The protests, so safe and peaceful news crews and reporters feel the need to hire private security to go to them and report........

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Is it really a "battle" when one side rattles shields and gets shot by pepper balls while the other side assaults private security and takes a casualt?

Seems like there was 4 sides and the only one that didn't fight was antifa

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Similarities don't mean it will happen. But yeah there are certainly similarities with all the shit and I wouldn't be surprised if we had to have the secret service drag trump out of the white house kicking and screaming.

This is clear evidence that he is a swamp monster. The same thing happened to Hilary.