Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
mikeyface said:
We explain why gets up in Episode 2 and Episode 3 goes into the future.

In other news, how do I not have a Duke Nukem badge? Blasphemy!
Just watch all 10 episodes of Top 5 with Lisa Foils and 14 victory points if you recognize what show she was on before being on WebTV.

OT: This episode is great and the jokes were well done, the Action Sequence is good, and both you and Anthony Burch's acting is also well done. I'm on board for this series.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Cosplay Horatio said:
mikeyface said:
We explain why gets up in Episode 2 and Episode 3 goes into the future.

In other news, how do I not have a Duke Nukem badge? Blasphemy!
Just watch all 10 episodes of Top 5 with Lisa Foils and 14 victory points if you recognize what show she was on before being on WebTV.

OT: This episode is great and the jokes were well done, the Action Sequence is good, and both you and Anthony Burch's acting is also well done. I'm on board for this series.
All That. Lisa is a friend of mine and will be on ASTW later this year actually, haha.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a big fan of HAWP and I don't doubt Burch's creativity, but I wasn't really feeling this. The choreography was good, It has had some money and effort put into it and the two leads can act. But as the premiere to a new series, this doesn't really encourage me to watch more episodes. It didn't grip me, I didn't find it as hilarious or exciting as I would have liked, and I haven't been given any chance to connect with the characters (that sort of thing should happen within the first couple of minutes).

I'll watch some more vids, but this didn't exactly overwhelm me.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
"Oh my god you don't want to be one of the people in the middle"

So funny.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
The Dtoider in me is happy to see you getting some time here. Welcome to The Escapist, guys. You're gonna fit in fine.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Ahh... I missed when Anthony used to write for Destructoid. (That's also where I saw all the old Rev Rants... never got into HAWP, though, for some reason.) Nice to see him again.

...Maybe I should watch HAWP.

theshadavid

Nerrrrrrrd
Aug 10, 2009
Loved you in "Hey Ash Watcha Playin'" so I'm glad to see you on a site like this.

As for the show, it seems a lot like Doomsday Arcade, that's a good thing.

The Escapist is reaching a ridiculous quantity of content, and most of it's pretty damn good. Glad to have you here.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Why do people I love to follow keep popping up on the Escapist and forcing me to use these forums again?

I keep trying to get away but they keep pulling me back in. Damn you Escapist! DAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU!

Also great job of course on this video, excited to get to the point where I get to see new eps. Keep it up guys!

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
Cool! and also very funny conversation at the end. "ever seen a car get put into a trash compactor?"

ConfusedCrib

Oct 30, 2008
Was expecting more lawls from HAWP co creator :/ real issue was I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be funny or cool. It was still very good and look forward to the future though :)

ThrashJazzAssassin

Jan 5, 2010
I didn't enjoy this at all. The balance of action versus comedy versus plot advancement was waaaay off, with the result that nothing grabbed my interest during the entire episode. Also the constant shakycam was a real pain, and undermined the action sequences by making it hard to see what was going on.

I don't think I'll bother watching future episodes, unless I'm extremely bored and feeling charitable.