Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I preferred Doomsday Arcade for the blood effects, but this looks to have potential. Perhaps I'll give it a look...

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
takes some time getting used to
if they turn up the comedy and turn down the action a bit this could be really good

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I was really missing something like Doomsday Arcade so this seems like it's gonna be a nice successor. It's funny and has nice action(though it hogged a bit too much of the screen-time).

Also... i saw the tag, but i missed this

prouler

Nov 24, 2009
it was fun, but waaaaay to much shakeycam and blur, I would love seing more of the detail than a low quality webcam can hold. but over all, I'm interested.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I never even heard of this coming to the Escapist before I watched the 1st episode, but I was pleasantly surprised. Keep it coming!

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
I'm very intrigued to see where this series goes - the actors seem to be likeable characters, the story seems to have just enoughdepth to be of interest, and the setting also has some interest for me. The one suggestion would be to work on the somewhat lackluster fight scenes. Loved the final line, "My point is, I had SEVEN victory points." I laughed heartily.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
A seven? He gets to move the bandit!

Don't quite know what to make of it. I liked the little jokes here and there, but I could care less for the action. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but the action took up a lot of time.

I'll keep tuning in though. This seems to have potential.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
mikeyface said:
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hearing a lot of "make fight scene shorter" and they definitely are shorter in the three episodes after this we have in the can.

Never watched Doomsday arcade. I take it this is a thing I should probably do?
Well it was featured on this website too, that's why you see it mentioned here a lot. I don't think it's too well known outside the Escapist. Basically it was chock-full of video game references with a lot of surreal/dark/random humour. Be sure to check it out though it might not be everyone's cup of tea (I love it though.)

messy

Dec 3, 2008
That was good, the ending joke was the cherry on the sundae that was this episode. The fight scenes were pretty cool, realistic with nice dashes of humour.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Yeah this is pretty good, and he can't just flip the game with the other guy having 7VP, that's just bad form.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
I enjoyed that. The fight scene was done well, and the soundtrack was excellent.

sooperman said:
Also, was that guy a Highlander, or what? He got killed three times. That's whack.
I concur. I'll let the first one slide, but something got badly broken on the second. No way you got up from that, buddy.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
What the fuck did I just watch? And why was it cool?
It's reminiscent of Doomsday Arcade... At least, in my opinion it is.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Museli said:
I enjoyed that. The fight scene was done well, and the soundtrack was excellent.

sooperman said:
Also, was that guy a Highlander, or what? He got killed three times. That's whack.
I concur. I'll let the first one slide, but something got badly broken on the second. No way you got up from that, buddy.
Could've been another person, y'know...

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
We explain why gets up in Episode 2 and Episode 3 goes into the future.

In other news, how do I not have a Duke Nukem badge? Blasphemy!

Apr 28, 2008
mikeyface said:
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hearing a lot of "make fight scene shorter" and they definitely are shorter in the three episodes after this we have in the can.

Never watched Doomsday arcade. I take it this is a thing I should probably do?
Yes. Yes it is.

Also, great episode. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
At first I was like "what is this, what is happening, is this supposed to be funny or what?" But then I was all like "OMFG LMAO!!!1" A good setup, now let's see where this goes...