Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Episode 1.2: Bush League

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, our heroic duo must figure out a way to rid themselves of the demonically possessed masked intruder that they created in the previous episode. Anthony grapples with the rules of the universe when an unforeseen complication arises.

A new challenger approaches...

Watch Video

Darkandroid

May 21, 2008
Haha, that last outtake was hilarious. Right in the balls.

Great episode. Definitely better than the first.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
To be fair I don't think anyone wants to be killed by Laura Bush.

Yeah so I'm liking this show so far.
Cuts need to be snappier I think and this whole I WASN'T REALLY DEAD thing needs to cool down a bit.

Asides from that. Awesome stuff :) Loved watching him hit a bullet back with a shovel. Genius!

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I loved the whole thing, though I think it would of been interesting to see him try to dig a hole with a snow shovel.

Also, hit in the balls was fuggin' lulzy.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Interesting. I want to see were this show was going. It seems like it could be the next Doomsday Arcade (which is always a good thing). Oh, and I totally thought that the Laura Bush mask was really a Smiler mask (y'know, from Transmetropolitan).

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Are all the video desctiptions for this gonna start with "on a very special episode of anthony saves the world"?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Is it just me, or before the action scene Mikey was acting a lot like the current Doctor Who?

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
theheroofaction said:
Are all the video desctiptions for this gonna start with "on a very special episode of anthony saves the world"?
Correct.

Or until everyone wises up to "If everything is special, nothing is."

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I pray that Anthony's balls made it out ok. I'm now traumatised by Laura Bush's face. At first, seeing her space was kind of weird, but now thanks to your mask, that's it. These masks they use in movies of public figures in crime films (The Town) is way more scary than any clowns.

Oh, and great episode. Didn't know you had to reflect a bullet while jumping off a plank.

Feb 13, 2008
"What happened to Blinovich?"

"His grandson killed him."

Genius. Doctor Who Trope Reversal. :)

Total Geek Notes [http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~abr/drwho/tardis/type40/node14.html#]

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and a couple of the cuts needed some work. But overall I'm still incredibly pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time. I have high high hopes.

edit: also, as a Brit, the name Laura Bush means nothing to me so I am annoyed I'm missing out on the joke there.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
mikeyface said:
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!
Ha ha, great to hear it. I look forward to it. And I admit I could never get anything close to as good as this, I just have unfairly high standards of others.

Matwisto

Apr 26, 2009
I think this episode was much better than the first.
Now I'm looking forward to episodes 3 and 4.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

I'm hoping this gets revealed later and proves to be decent, but I'm still wondering if the demons are really necessary since there are plenty of other things that can stand in for the "bad guy" position like clones, aliens, robots, mutants or just normal human beings who simply have a problem with Anthony for something he'll eventually do but doesn't know about yet.

Other than that, I hope that this turns out well in later episodes. It may be a rocky start now but it's only the beginning, so I'm still going to remain hopeful.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Okay, looking forward to the next episodes.
Seems interesting enough, and an accident involving someones family jewels always makes the mood lighter.
And also, nice jump.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
"So I can fight off demons with a KFC double-down?"

It's stuff like this that make this series watchable. I'm definitely interested.