Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
love the music , love the plot , hate the action scenes.
the action seems very fake ... the punches , grabs are all too slow which makes them seem fake and its easy to see how it was practiced as in the 1st episode i could tell whats going to happen.

so far iam liking the series but i do hope you get into the fighting scenes with more passion ...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Still can't get Double-Downs here in Blighty.

Colonel, I am disappoint.
I think a 20 piece bucket would still be cheaper than 16 Double-Downs, or even 10. I'm pretty sure you only need 20 pieces of chicken to stop them.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Yay for Bloopers.

OT: How exactly did swinging a shovel kill the guy INSIDE the house? Does that imply that you "Rebounded" the bullet, cause that could've been shown a bit more clearly, I think.
Also, i agree with what one of the other guys said, The "Haha, thought i was dead? Not Really!" thing is going to get very old very fast.

Overall, looking pretty good, I'll take your word on Ep 3-4 being much more polished :)

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Oh yeah! This episode is much better than the previous. Cotton Candy pheromones and using a snow shovel to send a bullet back to possessed laura bush...awesome. That epic maneuver with the snow shovel and landing in the pool should be an avatar.

May 5, 2010
I think I'm liking this series, but sometimes they talk too fast, and kind of end up mumbling. Just slow down once in a while, guys.

And that shovel thing was pretty badass.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
He has to keep his suit on? Awesome.

But there are times when its a bit hard to hear, slower speech maybe? Other than that I really like this.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm having so much trouble hearing what you all are saying. Maybe better mics, articulation or subtitles?
Otherwise, really good, and am looking forward to where it's going!

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
I usually don't laugh when people get hit in the balls. I can't remember the last time I have.

But the bit at the end made me crack up.

Good video:)

xhannay

Jan 25, 2011
Things I have learned from this video:

- Demons smell like cotton candy
- A shovel is a useful weapon
- I kinda want to put on a suit and jump into a pool
- Masks still freak me out :|

Things I have learned from reading the comments:

- EVERYONE laughed at Anthony getting hit in the balls.

That said, nice work guys! Can't wait for ep 3. (again)

Snipper64

Mar 1, 2010
First off, time traveling is based on... errrr.. timey wimey... stuff (I hope someone got that)

Also, this series is ok has some potential, but man, makes me REALLY miss Doomsday arcade, thats some kick ass funny action, no offense to this show.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Quite hilarious indeed. You guys should make longer episodes, that one seemed to fly by. Anyway, it was really good. Bravo.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
k-ossuburb said:
The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.
It's fine, because of, uh... Nano... Polymer... Fibre... Weave. Controlled by... Computers. Yes. Computers chip. With sensors. Throughout the suit. And they... Detect when parts of the fabric are under unusual stress... Which means that it's pliable when you move it with your hands, but hardens when struck with a bullet! Yes. Also prevents creases.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Damn it, I love Anthony so hard.

Here's to hoping that he worked on Duke Nukem and that all the dialog is drenched in laura bush and double down goodness.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Last episode was more funny. Why demons though? You can easily make a parody of time travel, which you did, just focus on it more. The demons was a little lame.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
comadorcrack said:
To be fair I don't think anyone wants to be killed by Laura Bush.
This. Where does someone even find that mask?

Did you guys find it somewhere and wanted to use it in the script, or at some point in the creative process someone said, "Okay, I have a great idea, all I need is a Laura Bush mask."

Anyway, great series so far. The editing is a little weak, but that's understandable considering it's the second episode, and it's a weekly show and all that other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew2

This dude's channel has lots of tutorials for editing videos, muzzle flashes and bullet hits, that sort of thing. Also, he has plain old awesome videos, so there's that.

Regardless, this series is great. Sort of like Knight's Quest, but funnier.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Actually, with the mask, there was a magic shop in town going out of business and we happened to go by. I think Anthony and I argued in the store about which mask was scarier for some time. In reality, we should have purchased every mask they had. It's hard to come up with a cool mask every episode.

We'll see Laura Bush again.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
mikeyface said:
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!
Yeah I was just about to say the camera seems a bit too shaky. I liked, sorry, loved everything else but the camera just seems a bit too Paul Greengrass, i.e, I can barely see shit. I was going to complain about the length but I understand that for webshows even about 8 minutes is hard. But looking back you seemed to do a good wrap up without having too much to piss me off or having too little to bore me. Good job, just that shaky cam.