Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Wait, double downs now have a practical purpose (they clearly aren't meant to be treated as food)?

Too bad they got rid of them in Canada then. Now I will have to go to a grocery store instead of a drive in if I want to banish demons to hell.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Once again, great work on your comedic timing. Creepy ass mask, too. The major stunt was pretty funny. Nice work and I hope to see more.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Sorry about the video issues, our connection to Akamai has been acting up lately. I'm blaming the lack of chicken. :(

Furore23

Feb 9, 2010
Is this... is this the new Doomsday Arcade? I sure dang hope so, because that show was the best thing.
I have chuckled and whatnot so far. And I heck of liked all the HAWP that the Extra Credits dudes linked me up with. So I will keep on checking in.

Just please, please, be the new Doomsday Arcade. And send that guy all of the money, he deserves it for the astonishing show he did. DA wooooo!

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
Is it bad that when he jumped in the pool my first thought was "NOT THE SUIT"?

I absolutely love this. Keep up the excellent work and the clip at the end was brilliant.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Break said:
k-ossuburb said:
The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.
It's fine, because of, uh... Nano... Polymer... Fibre... Weave. Controlled by... Computers. Yes. Computers chip. With sensors. Throughout the suit. And they... Detect when parts of the fabric are under unusual stress... Which means that it's pliable when you move it with your hands, but hardens when struck with a bullet! Yes. Also prevents creases.
Okay, I'll go along with that, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief until they do something really stupid, like a random dance number a la "Spiderman 3". Like I said, I'm remaining optimistic until the fifth episode at the least. It looks promising, although I've seen better editing (Freddiew [http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew]).

However I've read that they don't have a lot of time to edit this that well but they're working on it, maybe someone could send them a link to Freddiew2, which has heaps of tutorials on how to shoot and edit various types of action scenes. So, I respect the fact that they've got jobs of their own to be getting on with.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
k-ossuburb said:
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.

I'm hoping this gets revealed later and proves to be decent, but I'm still wondering if the demons are really necessary since there are plenty of other things that can stand in for the "bad guy" position like clones, aliens, robots, mutants or just normal human beings who simply have a problem with Anthony for something he'll eventually do but doesn't know about yet.

Other than that, I hope that this turns out well in later episodes. It may be a rocky start now but it's only the beginning, so I'm still going to remain hopeful.
It's the future man... Come on!

Lightsabers aren't practical either but hey we just roll with it and accept it for its futurey awesomeness.

Anyways I am enjoying this show, seems like it ends really fast but I guess it's kind of hard to get action sequences in with your dialogue and plot progression since action is mostly just filler anyways.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
k-ossuburb said:
Certain methods of using a substance with similar properties to custard in body armor are leading to a substance that hardens and disperses force when struck, maybe this suit could be explained as using a more advanced form of that technology. Sometimes best to suspend disbelief.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
mikeyface said:
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!
My only problem with the show so far is that it doesn't take long enough on a few things. I'm just off of work watching both of them so I must be way too tired and missed it, but I don't know the name of Anthony's protector. Some of the concepts were delivered really fast and were great but didn't stay long enough for me to really get them.

But I know he's from back in time and has to save Anthony. So far, it's great. I think you're going to be the next "Doomsday Arcade." While you might not know what that is, on this site, it's a big compliment, lol.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I had trouble understanding some of this and missed out on some of the dialogue. What I could actually make out was quite good and the action scenes were well shot. Just improve on the clarity of your speech and we'll have no problems.

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
I'm enjoying everything about this show. The comedic timing is great, and not to mention just the delivery of the lines themselves. Plus it must be hard for Anthony to play "the straight man" and not crack up all the time. Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how awesome the music is.

I'm very much looking forward to future episodes!