Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
mikeyface said:
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!
I like that you're willing to be so critical with your own work. It says you're open to change, and improvement. I'm still up in the air about the show, but I'm that way with ALL shows I watch on the escapists. The first two or three are chances to win me over. After that? Then I form my opinion. :) (The exception to this rule was "Extra Credits." I was won over right away by that one.)

I don't know about the others, but these characters need more characterization before I'm going to care about either one of them maybe dying.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
mrhateful said:
I am really confused, why is everybody in the comment section saying it is good, when it was so awful, i mean is mikeyface some cool kid everybody just wants to befriend?. Or is that everybody is super sarcastic all of a sudden?!?!
What i especially do not understand is people that quote a bad joke and follow it up something like "SO FUNNY HAHAHA!" or "This made it all worth it".
Everyone has different tastes, preferences, and thinks one thing is funny while the other thing is not. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. If enough people share your opinion, then the show will die on its own (Except for Game Dogs, which needed an extra season before it would die). As it is, this show is barely getting started. Either give it a chance, or give up on it now. No need to fill the comments with antagonistic comments the author doesn't need to read.

If you want to be constrictive with your criticism, then something like, "I didn't enjoy the jokes, but you know what would have worked for me? This!" Then get into it. Just being judgmental and saying "it sucks, and I don't get why everyone likes it cause it sucks," just makes you look bad, and makes the cast that might read your post feel bad.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
I was merely expressing my confusion as to why comments was overly positive, it had nothing to do with the show other than i didn't feel like it lived up to the way it was portrayed. One might even say i made that comment to balance things out.

Anyway here is my constructive critism:
1: Drop the fight scenes(seriously), either reduce them heavily or just cut them out. The reason being that with the low production value, your just no going to be to provide something thats entertaining and doesn't look like some kids found a camera in their dad's closet.

2: More jokes, i guess this one would happen if criteria 1 got fulfilled, as i feel like you are actually able to write good jokes.

3: Work on your performance, it feels to me there are some great jokes that gets killed by a lesser good deliverance.

4: More character development, i know this is a tough one but it is also one of the most important ones, since the audience won't be able to connect with the protagonists if we don't understand them or their motives.

Also i don't believe in positive comments, which also means i only comment when something is lacking.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
I'm not quite sure why I like it as much as I do. The bullet-deflecting shovel thing was unexpected, but pretty awesome, but the whole jumping into the pool didn't seem to have much of a point...

Some of the people here don't seem to get the point of the show, though. I mean, 'It takes the best aspects of science fiction and effortlessly mutates them into something that cannot be deemed "science" or "fiction."' It seems to me that it's supposed to be fairly ridiculous - especially the sci-fi stuff.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
It is supposed to be fairly silly, yes. It kinda genre hops around from here on, so we'll see. It's a SciFi Action Comedy-- sometimes varying degrees of all ingredients.

CynicalRaver

Oct 2, 2008
k-ossuburb said:
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.
I know someone has already said something on this, but if you have ever watched Stargate SG-1, think of it as a Gould Personal Shield, it can stop high speed impacts, such as bullets, but anything moving slower, such as an arrow or throwing knife will penetrate... except this also stops knives and arrows... lol

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Your cuts need to be way snappier, and lines delivered with a lot better timing. Also, you need to keep a closer eye on your light metering and things like dust and residue on the camera lens. Also, keeo the wind out of your mic.

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
I'm really enjoying this show. It's well shot, the acting's on point, it's funny, and the action's fun. The music helps alot with the mood too. Reminds me of A Good Knight's Quest.