Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.2: Bush League

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
mikeyface said:
Daveman said:
I don't know if this is good yet. It just seems a bit scrappy the way the lines were delivered as it wasn't always clear what was being said and the cuts need some work. But overall I'm still really pleased there is a narrative-based, non-animated action show being shown on the escapist. So far I'm not that impressed, but I'm still willing to give it time.
I actually agree with you. Episode 2 was really rough, and I wanted to reshoot the whole thing but-- try producing a WEEKLY narrative based action comedy with a full time job in the games industry :)

Episode 3 and 4 are _huge_ improvements in the technical department. Would love to hear what you think of them once you watch them.

Cheers!
I'd like to be on the record as saying that I love this so far, and if Gearbox's future games are a fraction of the awesome that Borderlands was, then I don't mind a "Rough" episode or two. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to continue to entertain us even more!

Great stuff!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
This is great. I hope you keep up the conversations about the future and stuff like that, it's really clever and entertaining.

Also:

"They smell like cotton candy to attract . . .things that are attracted to cotton candy."
"So he eats children?"
"I never said he eats children" *wink*

I laughed my ass off

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
GeorgW said:
I'm having so much trouble hearing what you all are saying. Maybe better mics, articulation or subtitles?
Otherwise, really good, and am looking forward to where it's going!
Yeah I'm having that problem too, it's really hard to understand what you guys are saying sometimes and I know I'm missing out on some good jokes because of it. D:

Also, maybe you guys should start wearing cups considering what happened in the last outtake, that looked painful!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
My favourite part of this show is how bored Anthony looks in the title card. "I'm gonna have to kill people again, ain't I? This is just great.

Emergent

Oct 26, 2010
The sound could still use work (I understand we're to expect an improvement in coming episodes, which is a good thing), but the humor has improved. I would drop the michael-bay-esque color correction until you guys get the hang of art direction (heavy color correction only looks "right" when all the props, wardrobes, makeup, and sets complement it and are chosen in advance to do so). Incremental improvement, over all.

Looking forward to seeing episodes 4+, since my guess is that these earlier episodes are more of a "proof of concept" than an indicator of the quality of the show overall.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
k-ossuburb said:
Okay, I'm going to remain optimistic about this like I was with Apocalypse Lane, but still I've got a few problems.

The "polycarbonate suit" felt a little too convenient, plus it doesn't seem to work when you think about it; the suit is flexible enough to move like a normal suit, which means that when a bullet hits it the suit will flex around the bullet and form a shape similar to it, the bullet might not pierce the suit, but the suit will pierce your flesh if enough force is behind it and that force is concentrated into a single point.
The very easy explanation for this is "future technology". One of the rules in this universe is that the future has damn sexy bulletproof suits. I see nothing wrong with this. If you notice, there was also time travel, and they deflected a bullet accurately with a shovel.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I'm loving this.

Agreed with the sound, I love the ambience, but the voices are a little hard to hear.

I like the camera work too, it's really good.

Looking forward to next week :)

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Snipper64 said:
First off, time traveling is based on... errrr.. timey wimey... stuff (I hope someone got that)

Also, this series is ok has some potential, but man, makes me REALLY miss Doomsday arcade, thats some kick ass funny action, no offense to this show.
good point. im so glad i have all the episodes of doomsday downloaded on my computer. good show guys. i agree with a lot thats being said. kinda janky action, great acting and an interesting plot. also, why did he have to jump into the pool to reflect the bullet?

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I'm not really enjoying this one. The fight scenes are certainly lack-luster, but I think that's part of the point. However, the jokes aren't funny either, so I'm not entirely sure.