Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.4: Crossing Swords

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
K4RN4GE911 said:
I actually thought this fight scene was pretty cool lame. The whole thing looked believeable slow, clunky and well rehearsed.
Fixed.

EDIT: Fixed my fix.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Sad I missed the live chat. Alas full time jobs don't always yield the flexibility to enjoy some of the little things.

OT: Great episode! Keep em coming! I love the humor, love the action, and great film making to boot!

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
This reminded me of the time
Daystar Clarion said:
"Oh I see a *****, do you see a *****? Oh I see a ***** what do you see?"

Hehe, first thing I thought of when that guy said "I'm not a little *****!".
^ Beat me to it! O=

Love the reference, if it was on purpose, that is. lol

NotHisRealName

Jul 15, 2009
The production values are pretty low on this series. The action is clunky (as already stated) and the special effects are pretty lame. The story is really a stretch and the whole thing seems like an excuse to just film something for money.

I guess, however, SOME leeway can be given for the fact it's a weekly show. There would be a lot of work going into the production of each episode, but the whole thing seems rushed.

Some good jokes, but just about everything else lets the series down.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
kaieth said:
Heh. I like the show, it's nice to have something with a plot on the escapist.
Same, lot of people say they don't understand the plot. Here's a video that explains it a little better. Embedding disabled, but meh.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
mikeyface said:
Episode 1.4: Crossing Swords

On this very special episode of Anthony Saves the World, Mikey throws Anthony head first into the deep end as they are attacked by three would-be assailants.
You my dear are in desperate need of some characterization. It has been 4 episodes now, and all of the content is combat. Fighting more fighting and now sword fighting. Your characters, whom I assume we're supposed to be rooting for, have no character to get behind. There is a little personification now and again, but there is so little that I can't get invested in the humor, the suspense, or the snippits of story.

This is not a negative review. This is constructive crit. I feel like your show has potential, and I'll check back in every now and again. But for right now, the slew of combat is deluding its value.

PS: I did enjoy what I thought may have been a Doraleous reference. :) But that enjoyment is on Doraleous and Associates merit.

xhannay

Jan 25, 2011
"Anthony? ...Anthony? ......I love you!" <-- I laughed my head off at that.

Fight scene seemed a little too slow and choreographed, but I think that will improve with time. Besides, working with SO MANY KATANA can't have been easy. I liked it, perhaps not as much as the other eps, though it was good to see Anthony finally step up and kick some ass (or y'know... bludgeon someone to death with a pool ball). It kinda bugs me that people seem to be missing that point.

As others have said, there's some awesome potential in this series, but right now it's still taking baby steps. You're doing well and I'm hooked so far, but I'm still waiting for ASTW to really hit the mark. Good luck!

Also sad that I missed the live chat. It was like 3 or 4am for me. :p Is there gonna be another??

ps. 1:59. Zoolander face. XD

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
You know, I think I'm on the complete opposite end with this series that I was with "A Good Knights Quest."

I kept thinking that it just didn't have whatever it needed, and wasn't able to decide if it wanted to be Doomsday Arcade or There Will Be Brawl. I have no problem with that show, but it's not for me. Most people seemed to like it, but I was kind of on the fence about it and ended up not sticking around.

With this show, I love it, and feel it's very Doomsday Arcadeish in execution. However, on the forums I see people saying the things that I felt about A Good Knights Quest. Kind of ironic, but only for me, I guess. I'm really digging this so far, and I do wish they were a little bit longer, but only by a few minutes. I really like the fast paced dialogue ya'll have going, and the storyline has potential.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Digging this show. Pump up the audio on the dialogue next time please?

Also, I can't tune in for that Q&A, but somebody ask Mikey Neumann how old he is. Cuz the dude looks young as hell.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
wrecker77 said:
I'm trying really hard to like this. I really am.
Same here, Trying and failing.

The comedy is fine (ish), but the action scenes in this are so badly done its pain full, They look unbelievably fake, im not sure if thats what you guys are going for but just stop, Do Comedy, Do Action, dont try and do both at the same time, and also, this 5 minute piece of each episode is crazy hard to follow, given that ive learned next to nothing about the plot in what? 20 minutes of the series, im finding it really, really hard to follow, I really WANT to like this.. But you guys need to sort out a few things first.

FogBird

Apr 8, 2010
K4RN4GE911 said:
FogBird said:
It is funny, but the action part really could use improvement...
I actually thought this fight scene was pretty cool. The whole thing looked believeable and well rehearsed.

OT: Great episode guys. Really enjoying it. The ending before the credits made me fall out of my chair laughing.

"Don't worry, I'm sure KFC delivers."
Really? I thought it was a parody... What I tried to say that even as a parody it could use improvement.
But hey, if people liked it then i guess it's fine.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Still feels like you guys are a little too pre-occupied with your poses. I'll keep watching though for some reason or another.

Also, who is Kelly Helder (the 2nd poster in this thread) and why does she have the_root_of_all_evil's Avatar :/

Emil Andersson

Jan 20, 2011
DEATHROAD said:
wrecker77 said:
I'm trying really hard to like this. I really am.
Same here, Trying and failing.

The comedy is fine (ish), but the action scenes in this are so badly done its pain full, They look unbelievably fake, im not sure if thats what you guys are going for but just stop, Do Comedy, Do Action, dont try and do both at the same time, and also, this 5 minute piece of each episode is crazy hard to follow, given that ive learned next to nothing about the plot in what? 20 minutes of the series, im finding it really, really hard to follow, I really WANT to like this.. But you guys need to sort out a few things first.
What he said.

roflmecopter

Feb 14, 2011
As said before the plot is kinda stagnating and really all there just seems to be fight after fight wit little dialog inbetween. It is a relatively fun show to watch though.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
teknoarcanist said:
Digging this show. Pump up the audio on the dialogue next time please?

Also, I can't tune in for that Q&A, but somebody ask Mikey Neumann how old he is. Cuz the dude looks young as hell.
I think he said he's in his early 30s, might be wrong though. Anthony's only like 23.

PrometheanFlame

Mar 23, 2009
Been enjoying the show so far, but this was a really rough episode. The slow choreography, the weak jokes, the horrible lighting...

Keep at it, guys.

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
Loud and clear. Episode 4 was a misfire.

Did some emergency reshoots on Episode 5 today, although there's only so much we can change. Though, that episode doesn't have a fight scene really at all-- and lots of jokes.

*fingers crossed*