Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.4: Crossing Swords

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
What is going on here???

I mean I like it. I think. I'm just not following the story all that well.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Dana22 said:
I dont know, I dont feel this show. Seems like form over substance to me.
This is exactly my thought. For all its airs and graces, it's a lot of faux-flash over anything else of substance. They've got guns, swords, music, filters, and what looks like a decent camera and boom set-up, but they spend too much time working with the style over the core substance,like plot, script, acting, delivery, and even smaller technical things like light metering, keeping wind out of the mic, keeping the lens clear of dust and grime and simple things like that.

I've seen shows with a far smaller budget, far less available to them and far less 'credit' behind them making far more effort with the basics. Look at some of the cartoons we've had here, as well as some of the other live action shows - lower budgets, yes, but they actually know how to write a good script and plot, and have (voice) actors that can deliver their lines with competent precision.

DEATHROAD said:
wrecker77 said:
I'm trying really hard to like this. I really am.
Same here, Trying and failing.

The comedy is fine (ish), but the action scenes in this are so badly done its pain full, They look unbelievably fake, im not sure if thats what you guys are going for but just stop, Do Comedy, Do Action, dont try and do both at the same time, and also, this 5 minute piece of each episode is crazy hard to follow, given that ive learned next to nothing about the plot in what? 20 minutes of the series, im finding it really, really hard to follow, I really WANT to like this.. But you guys need to sort out a few things first.
You can do comedy and action at the same time, but you just have to be.. well.. good at it. You know, write a solid script, make sure all actors can deliver lines correctly and snappily, rehearse choreography and edit in post to make it all snap together.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I love this show, but you either need better audio equipment or subs. I can't figure out what you're saying most of the time.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
the storry is not bad, but i do not like that one guy, because he looks like "oliver pocher" and i hate that guy. he is so annoying. if you dont know what i mean: look it up

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
This episode was rather suspended from the storyline.

It had humorous asides and some decent lines, but...

*groans* The sharpness of line presentation was lost, and the fight choreography was sloppy. It is low budget and won't look professional, but if you embrace "novice," excuses for deteriorating quality, you will become just as dismissible as every other novice.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
mikeyface said:
Loud and clear. Episode 4 was a misfire.

Did some emergency reshoots on Episode 5 today, although there's only so much we can change. Though, that episode doesn't have a fight scene really at all-- and lots of jokes.

*fingers crossed*
This. I appreciate the hell out of you posting this.

You just bought a few weeks additional latitude with me. That may seem somewhat pretentious of me, but I am simply very pleased with your candor and acceptance of criticism.

Veldaroth

Jul 21, 2009
Awesome. Loving this show! This episode felt a little too short due to the action sequences taking up most of the time, but it definitely needed to happen since Anthony needs to learn to defend himself
Keep up the good work!

Jes-ka

Feb 2, 2011
My fave episode so far. Love the transformation in Anthony at the end. Creeeeepy!

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
I've re-watched it several times and I STILL can't figure out what Mikey says to Anthony when he (Anthony) is fighting the one guy alone on the pool table and Mikey comes in the room to grab the pool cue.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I thought he was gonna pull a Doraleous and start screaming, 'I AM NOT A *****!'

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
captainfluoxetine said:
I'm really liking it but I honestly think the episodes need to be twice as long and have more of the plot explained. I understand you can't give it all away straight off the bat but I'm getting a little bored. And waiting a week for 3 minuites is a bit much.

That said I AM waiting a week and looking foreward to watching it!
I;m the same, i will continue watching, but they need to stop breaking the 4th wall, and the flow of fight scenes just to throw in some "humourous" one-liners.