Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.4: Crossing Swords

Tigger1992

Jul 14, 2009
Am I the only one who can't understand half the things that the characters are saying? Seriously! All I hear are things like, "Numamamamamam DEMONIC POWERS!!!!" Or, "Numamamamamamamama MY OWN?!?!?!"

Most of the things Anthony says are really really fast and relatively whiny and high pitched. He keeps asking silly questions that don't really move the story anywhere. "Mikey did you just punch him?" or "Why did you hit me?". I'm starting to get frustrated that I have to watch the video twice just to understand what they are saying....

Please please PLEASE talk slower and clearer!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
This show has a wonkier continuiety than a tarantino movie ! Part from that pretty good sept some of the diolog was hard to hear

Bradders616

Mar 31, 2009
i agree i did find it hard the fisrt few episodes
but its got this background thing niggling me, something thats telling me its good event hough it isnt

not like I hit it with my axe
o r unforgotten rhelms or gamer dogs
that was 1 episode then NOPE THATS SHIT
but this is odd

i think it seams like 2 guys that were abit weird and had alot of fake guns and swords and stuff(the sort taht take pictures of themselves holding them topless) making amovie of said weapons.
tell you what though it does have some moments that make me laugh
and those moments are getting mroe frequent.

Bradders616

Mar 31, 2009
well
still got that feeling that somethings shit about this show
but
i actually am starting to love it
the bits that make me laugh are making me laugh alot more then you had at the start

well done guys ;)
i knew if i stuck with you it would v ery slowly get better!
keep it up and it may be a more mature(less parody) DOomsday arcane

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Best episode so far! That noise of disgust that Anthony makes when he realizes how demon-like powers are given to people is amazing and non-mimicable. I really liked that finishing move Mikey did and Anthony gains badassery while Mikey is on the floor because of that punch. This is the episode that is going to keep me with this series.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Jim Grim said:
I don't understand what's happening in this show. To be honest I find alot of the dialogue hard to hear due to the delivery, but no-one else seems to be having this problem so maybe it's just me.
It's not just you. The problem is they're talking how actual people would talk in a fight. They should be slowly and carefully enunciating every syllable while facing the camera. Acting is not a race.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Tigger1992 said:
Am I the only one who can't understand half the things that the characters are saying? Seriously! All I hear are things like, "Numamamamamam DEMONIC POWERS!!!!" Or, "Numamamamamamamama MY OWN?!?!?!"

Most of the things Anthony says are really really fast and relatively whiny and high pitched. He keeps asking silly questions that don't really move the story anywhere. "Mikey did you just punch him?" or "Why did you hit me?". I'm starting to get frustrated that I have to watch the video twice just to understand what they are saying....

Was about to make a post like this myself.

Maybe it's because English isn't my main language, but I found the conversations incredibly difficult to follow, compared to spoken English in other videos on this site. Maybe it's the echo of the room, or maybe they don't talk clear enough. I could barely make anything out.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Tigger1992 said:

You're not alone on this subject, I'm having a very hard time understanding what they are saying alot of the time. Please, I beg of you, talk slower and clearer! I really want to enjoy this show but I can't do that if I can't understand what you guys are saying at all. D:

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
I dont know, I dont feel this show. Seems like form over substance to me.

night_tiger9

Nov 8, 2010
the fight scene was cool, but, in my opinion, it needed more lightsaber like fighting with the swords. (doesnt mean glowing swords)

but when Anthony punched the other guy had me laughing like crazy.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Whatever this show had, it doesn't have it anymore. I couldn't bring myself to even watch the full episode. It was horrible.
This show needs to focus on it's strengths. It shouldn't let fights play such an important role. Face it you're not Hollywood, but you're trying to entertain an audience that is used to Hollywood special effects. There is no way you could ever satisfy the audience with fights, we can see better everyday whenever we feel like it.
Shows like this should follow a simple yet engaging story line and have characters that feel human. At the start of this series it looked like that this was what the creators tried to pull of, but now it seems they abandoned that goal.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Still good, I wonder if the combat sequences would seem more fluid if you sped them up a bit? Some of Mikey's stuff seems a bit too slow or not fluid enough to be as stylized as it seems like it should be

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
Clunky, nice kameo toward doraleous and ass, the guy in blue look a lot like my little brother, clunky... but yeah, I guess, if it work, keep it coming, its good, kinda. Can't be worse than unskippable at least.